5k and the unbalanced luck

The MeanMachine

Old Alpha
Society
Dark Knights
Hey MA can u please Nerf 5k points. Its extremly unbalanced. U can do 3 times less dps than strongest hunter in category and lose 10 times less and get 3 times 5k and win. This just does not make sense att all. 5k Points should be nerfed to max 2k or 2,5k so this sheer dumb luck doesnt win the event where u have someone losing 5 times more and cant even come close to it, its extremly unbalanced like i said allready.

Regards MeanMachine

Hey MA can u please Nerf 5k points. Its extremly unbalanced. U can do 3 times less dps than strongest hunter in category and lose 10 times less and get 3 times 5k and win. This just does not make sense att all. 5k Points should be nerfed to max 2k or 2,5k so this sheer dumb luck doesnt win the event where u have someone losing 5 times more and cant even come close to it, its extremly unbalanced like i said allready.

Regards MeanMachine

What’s 5k points ? Some are barely seeing 100 points , FFA or anihilation same thing.

I personally hate this point system based on "luck"..you can shoot all out with pills,amps,enhancer etc and still have some k points short on a good placement...

In past it was like 1 kill = 1 point ...ofc it took out the fun for some ppl bec of lesser dps etc....but you could "count" on this and prepare accordingly..

it was always an event for the "best" hunters in the according category but now...pfff

The entire Event system needs a rework ASAP! It isn't the least bit competitive and why many don't even participate in it. Between the point system and then being forced to compete in certain categories eliminates many people from even wanting to do them.

People staying in a category and chipping out the skills they got is hardly competitive for a game that is based on trying to progress your Avatar further. It's counter productive and a backwards system.

If you can cap HP then you can cap Dps so every category should be available and you can only compete in one category. Which would be a far more FAIR system that doesn't devalue the whole point of the game which is to progress further.

If someone is 120 lvl but wants to compete in a lower Category with a tiered Corrosive dagger that is called competitive. It gives you a reason to tier these items, it increases these items values. It means that it isn't the same few people trying to exploit a poorly designed system just to easily get prizes.

Each category should have 100s of Avatars competing and each event we shouldn't know who will even be in the Top 10 for that category. It would be up in the Air because it's actually competitive. If you are capping Dps and HP it is perfectly fair if someone like Messi wants to use low end weapon and win Cat 2. That would be competition and no this isn't "OPEN" like in the past. This is actually competitive if it is truly instanced and stats are capped it's fair for EVERYONE.

Next is the points which obviously needs a rework to eliminate such random factors from being the primary factor in winning. If it's random it isn't competitive.

So much needs to be done to increase participation but you can count many of us out until many changes are put in place. I am not chipping out tons of skills to do a lower category. This is a problem. Just cap the Dps on the Avatar. Give me a reason to tier my dagger for an Event. This stimulates the economy and allows everyone a fair way to do the events.

Give me a reason to tier my Corrosive Attack 8 UL chip to tier 10 I just bought to unlock Intuition. Give people a reason to use these lower weapons now that we just improved the tiering system.

So many ways to make this Event system better and increase the value of items and materials at the same time. Not sure how people call this competitive:scratch2:

This is one of the worst event systems I have seen that is labeled competitive in any game.

Last edited:
I personally hate this point system based on "luck"..you can shoot all out with pills,amps,enhancer etc and still have some k points short on a good placement...

In past it was like 1 kill = 1 point ...ofc it took out the fun for some ppl bec of lesser dps etc....but you could "count" on this and prepare accordingly..

it was always an event for the "best" hunters in the according category but now...pfff

If you remove the luck factor it literally just becomes pay to win... Why even have the event at all? Just turn it all into a silent auction event like FFA basically is.

wondering

People staying in a category and chipping out the skills they got is hardly competitive for a game that is based on trying to progress your Avatar further. It's counter productive and a backwards system.

If you can cap HP then you can cap Dps so every category should be available and you can only compete in one category. Which would be a far more FAIR system that doesn't devalue the whole point of the game which is to progress further.

If someone is 120 lvl but wants to compete in a lower Category with a tiered Corrosive dagger that is called competitive. It gives you a reason to tier these items, it increases these items values. It means that it isn't the same few people trying to exploit a poorly designed system just to easily get prizes.

So much needs to be done to increase participation but you can count many of us out until many changes are put in place. I am not chipping out tons of skills to do a lower category. This is a problem. Just cap the Dps on the Avatar. Give me a reason to tier my dagger for an Event. This stimulates the economy and allows everyone a fair way to do the events.

Give me a reason to tier my Corrosive Attack 8 UL chip to tier 10 I just bought to unlock Intuition. Give people a reason to use these lower weapons now that we just improved the tiering system.

So many ways to make this Event system better and increase the value of items and materials at the same time. Not sure how people call this competitive:scratch2:

1st. there is something wrong with DPS cap(hard cap)
im pointing [bigger than,over,above smaller than,below,under, greater than or equal to, less than or equal to(>,</≥, ≤)

unknown.png

Electric Attack Nanochip 13, FEN Edition▶Damage/second:90.8 HP

one of best grind/contestant weapon for cat6(+0.8DPS so its noob weapon for cat7)
due to new tier system its cheaper? to tier up but who would do that on hypothetical cat6 weapon
just skillin enough and move on :wave:

Ecotron v.15e Prototype▶Damage/second:34.8 HP

one of best grind/contestant weapon for cat1(+0.8DPS so its noob weapon for cat2)

A&P Series Mayhem SB-90, Adjusted▶Damage/second:98.3 HP

this "only exist in vendor atm weapon" "OEIVAW dagger" [oivä]
is one of best grind/contestant weapon for cat7(+0.3DPS so its noob weapon for cat8/and its da Melee!)

2nd. like what abomb saids make real competitive competition, which people only can participate 4times A year(merry-mayhem survival gone, lets see how easter-mayhem goes)

If someone is 120 lvl but wants to compete in a lower Category with a tiered Corrosive dagger that is called competitive. It gives you a reason to tier these items, it increases these items values.

Give people a reason to use these lower weapons now that we just improved the tiering system.

So many ways to make this Event system better and increase the value of items and materials at the same time.

also lots of item values dropping lately
(rings{seasonal,ares},guns{everygun},chips{everychicks},faps{mod2350/mod2600}
overall all prices dropping, on the other hand deeds(CLD,AUD,AMD??,CP share prices increasing)

suggestion from my small douche brain

ºremoving professions hard cap category1~10instances(soft hp cap, no problemo), make possible to enter lower cat with appropriate DPS weapon(compete in a lower Category with a tiered weapon) like choose few weapon to enter mayhem instance(other weapon locked inside of instance,like new system protected/unprotected)
unknown.png
blue color seems good or BlackPink color

ºadjustment DPS cap(>,</≥, ≤)(3weapon links i attached like examples)

ºand improving loots(hunting,mining,crafting) :woot::banana::beerchug::thumbup::tiphat:

PS.forget about two suggestion keep on remind/consider last and most important bolded one.

thanks for reading

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice post above ILBE DCINSIDE MASTER can't give ya rep need to spread it around.

My Corrosive 8 UL chip is just above Cat 2 at 49.9 Dps and this chip is what I am unlocking Intuition with at 80 level.

Again unsure why someone who is 80, 100 or 150 level can't use their UL items and tier them to compete in any Category. That would increase competition and stimulate a lot of things from a economy and gameplay perspective.

As you suggest it would be easy to allow someone to enter and only use the appropriate Dps for that Category. Instead many sit these events out because it isn't any near close to being competitive. I will just keep skillin since I enjoy that and hope one day they can get these events to a much better place for everyone.

It's confusing when a progression game ( MMORPG ) frowns upon progressing for it's events. Which eliminates players from participating in them.

Everyone is at a different point in their progression which means this leaves some Categories mostly empty. The current event format doesn't work for this type of game.

Last edited:
lol

So i did like 10 + full runs last year and i got zero 5k points . (placed 14-15 ..if 5k points i would be top 5 hahaha IF)
Totally retarded system !
RNG to the MAX is not that good ....
Totally agree on the part to remove prof caps and keep only weapon dps req. per each cat !

Last edited:

So you call it competitive if a lvl 120 player would compete in cat 4 with lvl 40-players? Well if i (lvl 98) would compete with my high-tiered low-lvl UL-gear in cat 4 i would call it bullying around with noobs …. :ahh:

I don't think that MA designed the Mayhem Annihilation Events as a gear competition. Luck is a very important factor to get a good result and i think it is good as it is. New Players (and Players with L-Gear) have a chance to reach a good placement and earn some nice gear over time.

Actually we are only missing the Assault/Survival-Events (gear based/pay to win). But for the players who are on the pay to win trip … well, there is FFA left.

If you are looking for real competition:

MA should create the mayhem-events with special weapons/armors, which are only available in the instance (buy it for tt at the terminal) and should allow no other gear. So every player would have the same chance - based on their skills - in their lvl-range and we would have a real competition.

But i guess if they do so, we would have the same whining-threads as now.

There is nothing wrong in looking for an event that is gear-based for your own tiered UL-weapons. But please - don't call it competitive.

One of the most important things that i have learned in the last few updates: There is no skill needed to tier up a weapon ….:wise:

I think that we just need some new categories above cat 10. Maybe each 20 levels. So that there could be the same chance as in lower categories to get a nice placement with L-gear.

Last edited:
A&P Series Mayhem SB-90, Adjusted▶Damage/second:98.3 HP

this "only exist in vendor atm weapon" "OEIVAW dagger" [oivä]
is one of best grind/contestant weapon for cat7(+0.3DPS so its noob weapon for cat8/and its da Melee!)

cat7 player wouldn't have the skills for the adj sb-90

Regards MeanMachine

So that a small circle of players swapping around the same weapon can make up the winners year after year after year ….

Yeah i remember … the bad old times. :laugh:

It would be wise to remember that before the current system everyone was complaining because the events were always won by the same people.

Then the community requested (demanded really, so many whining threads...) for some kind of randomness to be introduced.

If you think that removing the randomness will help you win anything you haven't thought this through... seriously. Unless you are on the top 0.1% wealthiest and most skilled avatars.

I vote no, keep it like this. Maybe do some balancing work, sure. Everything can be improved, but please do NOT go back to the old system.

We used to know exactly who would win weeks before the event even started...

My opinion.

Regards MeanMachine

(A reply in general, not directly to you MM)
Imo there is no such thing as "luck" or "random" in EU since that require way more code than
using math instead.
Reason why same people over and over again get better things are that they create right values.
There are three parts in a loot, gear that create the value, target that require a value and the
avatars values that makes the progression and interactions more unpredictable.
Its all aboubt matching numbers, not hit something with most damage.
Why can a noob hit a big one? Its due his progression in combination with right gear creating right
values for the target.
And no, I'm not gonna try to convience people to believe in this, since everyone can believe in
whatever they want. :)

Imo there is no such thing as "luck" or "random" in EU since that require way more code than
using math instead.
You might want to look into random number generators, pseudo random number generators and the amount of libraries every programming language has to create randomness to a degree that will be sufficient for every possible purpose within the context of a game. The amount of code neccessary to create sufficient randomness in a variable will probably be within the magnitude of 1 to 2 lines of code.

Downside of true RNG is, that people will always be complaining because they cant accept the fact how statistics work.
If you don't like the way the system works, don't compete in events. I'm personally doing a bunch of runs, dont get lucky but dont cry about it either. WIth any other system, I wouldnt even have to try to compete because there are enough people in every cat with high tiered guns I wouldnt stand a chance against.

Winning in a category means getting scores of probably 22k or above. That is two 5k multipliers and a bit more then spawning bosses on the respawn timer for 15 hours. In my opinion this sets a decent baseline for the category for effort that people have to put in with luck on top. You'll just have to accept the fact that buffing up like a moron is maybe not the most efficient way to win categories - it has become a steady grind where you'll have to consider costs to do runs against your prossibility to win. It's actually become a game of risk vs reward instead of 'who has the biggest gun' and 'who has the most time'.

You might want to look into random number generators, pseudo random number generators and the amount of libraries every programming language has to create randomness to a degree that will be sufficient for every possible purpose within the context of a game. The amount of code neccessary to create sufficient randomness in a variable will probably be within the magnitude of 1 to 2 lines of code.

Downside of true RNG is, that people will always be complaining because they cant accept the fact how statistics work.
If you don't like the way the system works, don't compete in events. I'm personally doing a bunch of runs, dont get lucky but dont cry about it either. WIth any other system, I wouldnt even have to try to compete because there are enough people in every cat with high tiered guns I wouldnt stand a chance against.

Winning in a category means getting scores of probably 22k or above. That is two 5k multipliers and a bit more then spawning bosses on the respawn timer for 15 hours. In my opinion this sets a decent baseline for the category for effort that people have to put in with luck on top. You'll just have to accept the fact that buffing up like a moron is maybe not the most efficient way to win categories - it has become a steady grind where you'll have to consider costs to do runs against your prossibility to win. It's actually become a game of risk vs reward instead of 'who has the biggest gun' and 'who has the most time'.

Yes there are solutions for "randomness" but it has to be implemented to fit the rest of the
calculation for loot too. You can't have it so randomness is the reason for the outcome of the
event since that would make EU illegal. You are allowed to make it look like there is randomness
but from system p.o.v you are not allowed to have randomness being the reason for the outcome.

Last edited:
ty, so whats the max level?
cat7 under 85 level
cat8 under 95 level

I'm assuming sb-90 maxes at lvl90, i'm 83hit (103 dam) and have 7.2 HA/5.5 crit with 63/76 attacks.

Yes there are solutions for "randomness" but it has to be implemented to fit the rest of the
calculation for loot too. You can't have it so randomness is the reason for the outcome of the
event since that would make EU illegal. You are allowed to make it look like there is randomness
but from system p.o.v you are not allowed to have randomness being the reason for the outcome.

I agree and thought you were talking about the technical side of randomness :cool:

I agree and thought you were talking about the technical side of randomness :cool:

Well in a way it was also about the mechanism of randomness, MA still have to controll
the drop so imo no point for them to add something extra when they can use excisting
system. As we know they do keep code to an absolute minimum for each feature, my
guess is that they stick to this policy even for the event lootsystem. ;)

Well are a lots of factors that are need to be modified, let’s start with the first some that are in cat 10 are preferring to chip out and compete in lower cat , why? Because they don’t have the best gear and because even if they place on 10th place they will be paid less than the first on cat 2 , and it’s a big difference to place on place 10 in cat 10 you need a lot of ped cycled and in cat 2 dunno , 10k ped is enough with a puny gun.
Second , we have some that after first run are in place 1 with over 25k points , then are some that after trying 10 times they have 25k points . Ok here comes the luck but not only those in second place often complain of losing lots of peds during the 10 run so basically here is also pay to win. Let’s take cat 5 , you lose 10k ped to go on first place here is not a matter of luck is a matter of “paying back” but not in ped , in points .
Let’s put it like this. If they make it like a competition where gear matter they need to block the items on each player and not to be able anymore to borrow items. Imagine a lvl 50 guy borrowing terminator going in cat 10 having some luck and getting in top 3. Is like wtf?! If they block an item the was used by somebody in a category to be used by another would be ok . Cuz tbh paying 300 ped to borrow an item for 1 day and go on top it’s shity cuz I don’t need to invest in my own gear. If they do this prices will go up again on guns on first place and will force others to invest to have they own gear to compete.
Personally I don’t want to compete in actual system with some that are win always and also their sisters , brothers , mothers and grandpas with the same gun.

Regards MeanMachine

Hey MeanMachine, so you have a score of 32399 in Cat 7, more than 10,000 points then the #2 position.
Did you post this thread... and then get 3x 5k points plus other bonus points? Or did you have that score already saved?

Hey MeanMachine, so you have a score of 32399 in Cat 7, more than 10,000 points then the #2 position.
Did you post this thread... and then get 3x 5k points plus other bonus points? Or did you have that score already saved?

He just got luck :laugh: . Real man never cry

Regards MeanMachine

32399 points in Cat 7.... I bet u didn't so lucky to get any 5k, right? :laugh:
(gz anyway)

DRM

Well, you will all notice that since he scored all those 5k's he didn't reply anymore to this whining thread.

CQFD.

Well, you will all notice that since he scored all those 5k's he didn't reply anymore to this whining thread.

CQFD.

No one is whining but we should look at fixing the event to make it competitive and increase participation. Right now so many people can't even participate in it because of the current structure. Then after that it's as mentioned to much RNG. Hopefully we can reach a much better system in the future that is competitive and allows people to compete without having to chip out skills. Then also feel like they have a real shot at winning.

So you call it competitive if a lvl 120 player would compete in cat 4 with lvl 40-players? Well if i (lvl 98) would compete with my high-tiered low-lvl UL-gear in cat 4 i would call it bullying around with noobs …

You aren't comprehending competition and a balanced instanced event. You can't bully anyone if your Dps is Capped for Cat 4. You are just competing against 100's of other players with their Dps capped. You also aren't looking at the bigger problem. If everyone keeps leveling this leaves some Categories empty ( No competition ) This isn't a format that works for an MMO where your core focus is progression.

Eventually most players will be in the higher Cats with a bottle neck of either not enough new players to do the early Cats or players using Alts to compete because there isn't any competition in some Categories.

It's pretty obvious this system doesn't work especially long term, it was okay while it lasted but it needs to desperately be redone so it's actually competitive and we can fill each Category. Again this would give players a reason to tier items and participate instead of not doing the event at all because it isn't competitive.

Having lots of participants for each Category is a must and for it not to be confined to levels. Maybe have Cat 1 strictly for new players which is fine like they did on Ark for Gold Rush. However it would be great if players could use the gear collecting dust and participate in various Cats. Maybe I want to do a run in Cat 3 thru 6. It would be fun do different runs with different gear in the Cats. However most of us aren't Chipping out our progression for a non competitive event. So we just don't do events until they are changed ( hopefully soon ) I love the game and I love skilling just like many of you. Just hope there is events where skills don't eliminate your participating and making some Categories easy wins from a lack of players.

Last edited:
I'm in 2nd, got 1 5k and a few other nice ones.. I don't expect it to hold, but I'll still compete as I am ever the optimist and believe I will score one day.... There will always be complaints that it isn't fair no matter the format, always has, always will

So that a small circle of players swapping around the same weapon can make up the winners year after year after year ….

Yeah i remember … the bad old times. :laugh:

Easily solved by making it so any item used in an event instance cannot be used by any other avatar until the event is over.

Easily solved.

Easily solved by making it so any item used in an event instance cannot be used by any other avatar until the event is over.

Easily solved.

Bingo we got the technology in place to make these events competitive and fair in the future.

(A reply in general, not directly to you MM)
using math instead.
Reason why same people over and over again get better things are that they create right values.
There are three parts in a loot, gear that create the value, target that require a value and the
avatars values that makes the progression and interactions more unpredictable.
Its all aboubt matching numbers, not hit something with most damage.
Why can a noob hit a big one? Its due his progression in combination with right gear creating right
values for the target.
And no, I'm not gonna try to convience people to believe in this, since everyone can believe in
whatever they want. :)

Actually i belive in this and i did create the right value this time :)

Last edited:
Back