Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Adi Biliwen Wen
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The MeanMachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey MA can u please Nerf 5k points. Its extremly unbalanced. U can do 3 times less dps than strongest hunter in category and lose 10 times less and get 3 times 5k and win. This just does not make sense att all. 5k Points should be nerfed to max 2k or 2,5k so this sheer dumb luck doesnt win the event where u have someone losing 5 times more and cant even come close to it, its extremly unbalanced like i said allready.

Regards MeanMachine
    So that a small circle of players swapping around the same weapon can make up the winners year after year after year Ö.

Yeah i remember Ö the bad old times.

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    It would be wise to remember that before the current system everyone was complaining because the events were always won by the same people.

Then the community requested (demanded really, so many whining threads...) for some kind of randomness to be introduced.

If you think that removing the randomness will help you win anything you haven't thought this through... seriously. Unless you are on the top 0.1% wealthiest and most skilled avatars.

I vote no, keep it like this. Maybe do some balancing work, sure. Everything can be improved, but please do NOT go back to the old system.

We used to know exactly who would win weeks before the event even started...

My opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The MeanMachine View Post
    Hey MA can u please Nerf 5k points. Its extremly unbalanced. U can do 3 times less dps than strongest hunter in category and lose 10 times less and get 3 times 5k and win. This just does not make sense att all. 5k Points should be nerfed to max 2k or 2,5k so this sheer dumb luck doesnt win the event where u have someone losing 5 times more and cant even come close to it, its extremly unbalanced like i said allready.

Regards MeanMachine
    (A reply in general, not directly to you MM)
    Imo there is no such thing as "luck" or "random" in EU since that require way more code than
    using math instead.
    Reason why same people over and over again get better things are that they create right values.
    There are three parts in a loot, gear that create the value, target that require a value and the
    avatars values that makes the progression and interactions more unpredictable.
    Its all aboubt matching numbers, not hit something with most damage.
    Why can a noob hit a big one? Its due his progression in combination with right gear creating right
    values for the target.
    And no, I'm not gonna try to convience people to believe in this, since everyone can believe in
    whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Joat View Post
    Imo there is no such thing as "luck" or "random" in EU since that require way more code than
    using math instead.
    You might want to look into random number generators, pseudo random number generators and the amount of libraries every programming language has to create randomness to a degree that will be sufficient for every possible purpose within the context of a game. The amount of code neccessary to create sufficient randomness in a variable will probably be within the magnitude of 1 to 2 lines of code.

Downside of true RNG is, that people will always be complaining because they cant accept the fact how statistics work.
    If you don't like the way the system works, don't compete in events. I'm personally doing a bunch of runs, dont get lucky but dont cry about it either. WIth any other system, I wouldnt even have to try to compete because there are enough people in every cat with high tiered guns I wouldnt stand a chance against.

Winning in a category means getting scores of probably 22k or above. That is two 5k multipliers and a bit more then spawning bosses on the respawn timer for 15 hours. In my opinion this sets a decent baseline for the category for effort that people have to put in with luck on top. You'll just have to accept the fact that buffing up like a moron is maybe not the most efficient way to win categories - it has become a steady grind where you'll have to consider costs to do runs against your prossibility to win. It's actually become a game of risk vs reward instead of 'who has the biggest gun' and 'who has the most time'.

ILBE DCINSIDE MASTER
    Society
    damn ok ish
    Quote Originally Posted by slither View Post
    cat7 player wouldn't have the skills for the adj sb-90
    ty, so whats the max level?
    cat7 under 85 level
    cat8 under 95 level

Quote Originally Posted by Taldur View Post
    You might want to look into random number generators, pseudo random number generators and the amount of libraries every programming language has to create randomness to a degree that will be sufficient for every possible purpose within the context of a game. The amount of code neccessary to create sufficient randomness in a variable will probably be within the magnitude of 1 to 2 lines of code.

Downside of true RNG is, that people will always be complaining because they cant accept the fact how statistics work.
    If you don't like the way the system works, don't compete in events. I'm personally doing a bunch of runs, dont get lucky but dont cry about it either. WIth any other system, I wouldnt even have to try to compete because there are enough people in every cat with high tiered guns I wouldnt stand a chance against.

Winning in a category means getting scores of probably 22k or above. That is two 5k multipliers and a bit more then spawning bosses on the respawn timer for 15 hours. In my opinion this sets a decent baseline for the category for effort that people have to put in with luck on top. You'll just have to accept the fact that buffing up like a moron is maybe not the most efficient way to win categories - it has become a steady grind where you'll have to consider costs to do runs against your prossibility to win. It's actually become a game of risk vs reward instead of 'who has the biggest gun' and 'who has the most time'.
    Yes there are solutions for "randomness" but it has to be implemented to fit the rest of the
    calculation for loot too. You can't have it so randomness is the reason for the outcome of the
    event since that would make EU illegal. You are allowed to make it look like there is randomness
    but from system p.o.v you are not allowed to have randomness being the reason for the outcome.
    Last edited by Joat; 01-04-2020 at 12:31.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Snake Slither Hellfire
    Society
    Dark Templar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pamascom View Post
    ty, so whats the max level?
    cat7 under 85 level
    cat8 under 95 level
    I'm assuming sb-90 maxes at lvl90, i'm 83hit (103 dam) and have 7.2 HA/5.5 crit with 63/76 attacks.

Always Buying Rugaritz, PM me if you have any amount for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Joat View Post
    Yes there are solutions for "randomness" but it has to be implemented to fit the rest of the
    calculation for loot too. You can't have it so randomness is the reason for the outcome of the
    event since that would make EU illegal. You are allowed to make it look like there is randomness
    but from system p.o.v you are not allowed to have randomness being the reason for the outcome.
    I agree and thought you were talking about the technical side of randomness

Quote Originally Posted by Taldur View Post
    I agree and thought you were talking about the technical side of randomness
    Well in a way it was also about the mechanism of randomness, MA still have to controll
    the drop so imo no point for them to add something extra when they can use excisting
    system. As we know they do keep code to an absolute minimum for each feature, my
    guess is that they stick to this policy even for the event lootsystem.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Livius Beyond Godlike
    Society
    Skyfall
    Images
    Well are a lots of factors that are need to be modified, letís start with the first some that are in cat 10 are preferring to chip out and compete in lower cat , why? Because they donít have the best gear and because even if they place on 10th place they will be paid less than the first on cat 2 , and itís a big difference to place on place 10 in cat 10 you need a lot of ped cycled and in cat 2 dunno , 10k ped is enough with a puny gun.
    Second , we have some that after first run are in place 1 with over 25k points , then are some that after trying 10 times they have 25k points . Ok here comes the luck but not only those in second place often complain of losing lots of peds during the 10 run so basically here is also pay to win. Letís take cat 5 , you lose 10k ped to go on first place here is not a matter of luck is a matter of ďpaying backĒ but not in ped , in points .
    Letís put it like this. If they make it like a competition where gear matter they need to block the items on each player and not to be able anymore to borrow items. Imagine a lvl 50 guy borrowing terminator going in cat 10 having some luck and getting in top 3. Is like wtf?! If they block an item the was used by somebody in a category to be used by another would be ok . Cuz tbh paying 300 ped to borrow an item for 1 day and go on top itís shity cuz I donít need to invest in my own gear. If they do this prices will go up again on guns on first place and will force others to invest to have they own gear to compete.
    Personally I donít want to compete in actual system with some that are win always and also their sisters , brothers , mothers and grandpas with the same gun.
    "Most of the current complaints we see come from accounts that are within the expected range, we can also state that your returns match the expectations and examples we set in the Dev Notes."
    -144834.90PED since Account Created 2010-12-15
    https://www.twitch.tv/liviuspk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast