PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Prowler
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Buzz Erik Lightyear
    Society
    Planet Express
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The MeanMachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey MA can u please Nerf 5k points. Its extremly unbalanced. U can do 3 times less dps than strongest hunter in category and lose 10 times less and get 3 times 5k and win. This just does not make sense att all. 5k Points should be nerfed to max 2k or 2,5k so this sheer dumb luck doesnt win the event where u have someone losing 5 times more and cant even come close to it, its extremly unbalanced like i said allready.
    Regards MeanMachine
    Hey MeanMachine, so you have a score of 32399 in Cat 7, more than 10,000 points then the #2 position.
    Did you post this thread... and then get 3x 5k points plus other bonus points? Or did you have that score already saved?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Erik Lightyear View Post
    Hey MeanMachine, so you have a score of 32399 in Cat 7, more than 10,000 points then the #2 position.
    Did you post this thread... and then get 3x 5k points plus other bonus points? Or did you have that score already saved?
    He just got luck . Real man never cry

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Duncan Redone McCloud
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The MeanMachine View Post
    Hey MA can u please Nerf 5k points. Its extremly unbalanced. U can do 3 times less dps than strongest hunter in category and lose 10 times less and get 3 times 5k and win. This just does not make sense att all. 5k Points should be nerfed to max 2k or 2,5k so this sheer dumb luck doesnt win the event where u have someone losing 5 times more and cant even come close to it, its extremly unbalanced like i said allready.

Regards MeanMachine
    32399 points in Cat 7.... I bet u didn't so lucky to get any 5k, right?
    (gz anyway)

DRM

Killashandra Liu Ling
    Society
    Alchemic Dream
    Images
    Well, you will all notice that since he scored all those 5k's he didn't reply anymore to this whining thread.

CQFD.
    Lost in Space searching for monkeys

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu View Post
    Well, you will all notice that since he scored all those 5k's he didn't reply anymore to this whining thread.

CQFD.
    No one is whining but we should look at fixing the event to make it competitive and increase participation. Right now so many people can't even participate in it because of the current structure. Then after that it's as mentioned to much RNG. Hopefully we can reach a much better system in the future that is competitive and allows people to compete without having to chip out skills. Then also feel like they have a real shot at winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Biliwen View Post
    So you call it competitive if a lvl 120 player would compete in cat 4 with lvl 40-players? Well if i (lvl 98) would compete with my high-tiered low-lvl UL-gear in cat 4 i would call it bullying around with noobs …
    You aren't comprehending competition and a balanced instanced event. You can't bully anyone if your Dps is Capped for Cat 4. You are just competing against 100's of other players with their Dps capped. You also aren't looking at the bigger problem. If everyone keeps leveling this leaves some Categories empty ( No competition ) This isn't a format that works for an MMO where your core focus is progression.

Eventually most players will be in the higher Cats with a bottle neck of either not enough new players to do the early Cats or players using Alts to compete because there isn't any competition in some Categories.

It's pretty obvious this system doesn't work especially long term, it was okay while it lasted but it needs to desperately be redone so it's actually competitive and we can fill each Category. Again this would give players a reason to tier items and participate instead of not doing the event at all because it isn't competitive.

Having lots of participants for each Category is a must and for it not to be confined to levels. Maybe have Cat 1 strictly for new players which is fine like they did on Ark for Gold Rush. However it would be great if players could use the gear collecting dust and participate in various Cats. Maybe I want to do a run in Cat 3 thru 6. It would be fun do different runs with different gear in the Cats. However most of us aren't Chipping out our progression for a non competitive event. So we just don't do events until they are changed ( hopefully soon ) I love the game and I love skilling just like many of you. Just hope there is events where skills don't eliminate your participating and making some Categories easy wins from a lack of players.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-08-2020 at 01:34.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,550 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,396 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,663 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ranyard Rany Ranyhyn
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    I'm in 2nd, got 1 5k and a few other nice ones.. I don't expect it to hold, but I'll still compete as I am ever the optimist and believe I will score one day.... There will always be complaints that it isn't fair no matter the format, always has, always will

"The eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the crow" -Nobody

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Biliwen View Post
    So that a small circle of players swapping around the same weapon can make up the winners year after year after year .

Yeah i remember the bad old times.
    Easily solved by making it so any item used in an event instance cannot be used by any other avatar until the event is over.

Easily solved.

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dab View Post
    Easily solved by making it so any item used in an event instance cannot be used by any other avatar until the event is over.

Easily solved.
    Bingo we got the technology in place to make these events competitive and fair in the future.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,550 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,396 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,663 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Last edited by ObZen; 01-08-2020 at 03:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Joat View Post
    (A reply in general, not directly to you MM)
    Imo there is no such thing as "luck" or "random" in EU since that require way more code than
    using math instead.
    Reason why same people over and over again get better things are that they create right values.
    There are three parts in a loot, gear that create the value, target that require a value and the
    avatars values that makes the progression and interactions more unpredictable.
    Its all aboubt matching numbers, not hit something with most damage.
    Why can a noob hit a big one? Its due his progression in combination with right gear creating right
    values for the target.
    And no, I'm not gonna try to convience people to believe in this, since everyone can believe in
    whatever they want.
    Actually i belive in this and i did create the right value this time
    Last edited by The MeanMachine; 01-08-2020 at 05:54.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast