Replacement Gold Card Reader?

Smart

Provider
KingJ
I'm looking to come back to Entropia after a fair period of inactivity. My account is protected with a Gold Card, but unfortunately I can't seem to find my reader - just the card!

I understand there is now a new Entropia Pocket app which replaces the Gold Card for 2FA. However, I can't set up the app without first logging in using my Gold Card.

Support have offered to remove the Gold Card from my account if I provide ID, but for nostalgic reasons i'd really like to keep it associated with my account even if they are inevitably decommissioning it. Silly reasoning I know, but it feels like a bit of Entropia history and it'd be a shame to remove that from my account.

Is it possible to get a replacement reader? I know Mindark no longer sells them, but i'm wondering if there's any aftermarket sources?

I'm looking to come back to Entropia after a fair period of inactivity. My account is protected with a Gold Card, but unfortunately I can't seem to find my reader - just the card!

I understand there is now a new Entropia Pocket app which replaces the Gold Card for 2FA. However, I can't set up the app without first logging in using my Gold Card.

Support have offered to remove the Gold Card from my account if I provide ID, but for nostalgic reasons i'd really like to keep it associated with my account even if they are inevitably decommissioning it. Silly reasoning I know, but it feels like a bit of Entropia history and it'd be a shame to remove that from my account.

Is it possible to get a replacement reader? I know Mindark no longer sells them, but i'm wondering if there's any aftermarket sources?

Welcome back then...but no sry....the support for the Gold card and stuff ended in 2018...either you go without security (eeewww) or you install the app and associate it with your account....no other options/replacements

And even IF you could get a reader from somewhere.....they can turn down this server/service anytime and you are then stranded again..

Eddie

Welcome back then...but no sry....the support for the Gold card and stuff ended in 2018...either you go without security (eeewww) or you install the app and associate it with your account....no other options/replacements

And even IF you could get a reader from somewhere.....they can turn down this server/service anytime and you are then stranded again..

Eddie

Thanks for the info! I don't mind using the app instead of the card, but i'd like to try and keep the Gold Card associated with my account for old times sake (and as a fallback if I remove Entropia Pocket temporarily so i'm not completely without 2FA?).

However, if there's definitely no way to get a replacement or generic reader now then i'm not left with much of a choice and concede to getting it removed. At least i'll still have the card itself as a memento :)

well GC looks out of use

EDITED

I did eventually manage to locate my reader, and it still works! Unfortunately, it seems to have gone out of sync with my account and so I wasn't actually able to use it to log in. Support wouldn't resync it and so I got them to remove it and switched to the app.

Since i'd been inactive for so long, my account was locked. However, even after support unlocked it I still received a log in error saying that my account was locked and to contact support. Support initially only said that I need to make sure i'm not using a VPN (I wasn't!) before eventually saying "It is so that you are using false or modified computer credentials, we can see that you are hiding that data, either intentionally or unintentionally.". On a hunch, I uninstalled the Virtualbox bridge network adapter and did a full re-install of EU which allowed me to get back in the game again :)

It's good to be back. There's a lot that's changed and a lot that feels just as it always did! Thanks again to everyone here for their help and suggestions.

I was in the same boat a week ago when returning after a very long absence.
I had to send pics of the front and back of my driver's license to verify that I was the owner of the account in question. After two days support contacted me to say the the requirement for GC authentication was removed.

I then logged on at the website and set up 2FA via the phone app.

It's nice to be back after being away for so very long (pretty much since 2008, but with a couple of very short looks in game only once or twice since).

So much has changed. :)

Back