Suggestion: Please Remove PVP Mobs From Non PVP Areas....

-JJ-

Old
weeeeeeeLittle JJ killerOfWhatever
Hiyi *waves ;)

im sure some of u are probably wondering eh? what the heck is JJ talking about now?? lol
there is no such thing as pvp mobs in non pvp areas.... or is there?

well while hunting... if u have not had this happen to u yet.. then rest assured it will at some point ..

so... u are happily shooting at a mob... then as u are shooting the next mob some1 else happens to hit it at the same time .. u go to collect ur share of the loot only to realize u.. get...nothing!! lol

ur 1st thought as a new player might be is this a bug? should i report it?... but u decide to shoot few more 1st ..
few mins later it happens again and u may even notice its the same player.. so u might ask him did u get any loot? cos sometimes i get no loots .. assuming u get an answer the person might say yes i did more damage than u so i got all the loot .. so u think hmm ok then so it must be player vs player whoever does the most damage to the mob wins all the loots ..

so u carry on hunting.. then as u win ur prize from killing a mob some1 else happened to be killing at the same time u all of a sudden get a pm something like "stop kill stealing my mobs or get reported"

ofc ur like er ..wtf? whats this guys problem? and u might say something like "1st of all they are not ur mobs i did more damage than u so i win the loot i stole nothing lol"

well u get the idea and probably wondering what did that guy mean? was he just being salty and making empty threats to try n discourage u from shooting mobs anywhere near him including the mob hes shooting?
so to be on the safe side when this happened to me i decided to contact support and ask them directly
and this is what i was told ...

"Killstealing is against the rules, period, it can happen but it is also something which can get your account suspended."

2 yrs ish on and still it happens .. some even try to do it deliberately to me.. so not only do i have to be aware of the mobs im hunting and trying to make sure i dont hit a mob some1 else is shooting i have to watch out for others who simply dont care or trying to kill steal the mobs im trying to hunt..

this to me is a form of pvp (player vs player) cos players are competing against other players for the rights to the mobs loots, the losing player is losing peds in decay and ammo etc while the winning player takes all and risks getting their account suspended should the losing player chose to report ..

this shouldnt even be a issue and i think its about time something was done about it so all can enjoy the game without the unnecessary drama and time wasted in such report cases

so that brings me to my suggestion and how i think it could be fixed ...

Mwdp0mI.png

in the above image we have 2 versions of the same mob the top left is a non loot shared mob.. and u will not get any loots should another avatar do more damage to this mob than u , unless u are in a team and the same team is shooting that mob, however if a player outside the team does more damage than the team then ur team gets nothing lol.

and top right the shared loot version of the mob where any who shoot at it should get a share of the loots from the mob.. and the bottom Illegal tatget? this is the msg u get if u try to shoot a mob with a mounted vehicle gun lol

so what i suggest is to make all mobs in non pvp areas shared loot mobs or to make it show the illegal target msg shoud u try to shoot a mob some1 else is already killing and to put mobs that are not shared loots in pvp areas

as far as teams go, only those who are in the same team should be able to shoot the same mob a team member has already hit, the same also for those who might wish to team hunt in pvp

sorry about the long read but hey it wouldnt be a JJ post if it wasnt long lol + i wanted to tell it in a story like fashion to take others down a little memory lane type trip so u guys would remember and understand how it feels to be on both sides of this type of situation and why i personally think something should be done to try and make hunting a enjoyable experience for all involved, from the noobs to the veterans, for those who wish to hunt solo or in teams or even those that want to compete against others solo or rival teams in pvp environments

hope u guys enjoyed the read

have fun

JJ ;)

This is not how loot rights work.

That little green icon in the name of the berycled on the right, means Shared Loot. That means everyone who puts some money into killing that berycled, gets some of its loot when it's dead. This little green icon has existed much less time than my avatar has; the Shared Loot status didn't used to exist.

With a normal mob, when it dies, loot rights go to whoever did the biggest share of damage to it since the last time its health was full. This adds another competitive angle to hunting that can add to the fun, but it also means that new players have a learning-curve experience about hunting etiquette (don't shoot anything someone else is shooting unless you're in their team). New hunters take time to get good at this etiquette, and newbie areas tend to get a bit crowded, making it harder to find your own berycled (not to mention the likelihood of having someone interrupt your sweating by shooting the berycled you're working on). Even older hunters end up shooting each other's mobs when we're not paying complete attention to the hunt, grinding away at X Gazillion of some particular easy to kill mob while we're deep in conversation with friends (or frenemies). The solution really is to give it our best try and have some understanding of one another (sportsmanship), It's not so hard to stop shooting someone else's mob, say "oops" or "sorry" and move a little farther away, and it's even easier to just say "no problem" and forget the entire thing.

Please put extra care into not stealing a melee hunter's mob! We don't have RANGE.

There is however a genuine issue to be fixed in all of this. Some mobs spawn with less than full hp. They can't be looted until after their hp has [re]generated [back] to full. The temporary solution is to let the thing chew on you while you kill its buddies, but really, that sh*t doesn't improve the game for anyone. The obvious solution is to spawn at full hp; another possible solution is to label damaged mobs and remove them from autotargeting until they turn lootable.

But no, someone else's mob isn't some stray from some pvp area, and yes, learning basic courtesy is part of learning how to hunt.

If a mob costs 1 PED to kill and 2 player shooting same mob .
Player A spends 0.40 PED
Player B spends 0.80 PED
As loot works Player B gets to loot the mob but wait a second the loot he gets is his input * multiplier . What i mean is people think the mob costs 1 ped to kill so return should be 1 ped * multiplier but this is not the case people get loot based on their input.

So in that situation Player A lost his decay and ammo but Player B didnt win anything he just got his loot with a risc to get account banned

Somewhere at some point in time I read that it was Mindark's goal to get 90% of mobs and avatars hunting those mobs in an instance... make it 100% and that'll fix it.

welll either way im pretty sure any1 who has had this happen to them in this game or any other most will agree that it just sux and dont like it lol ....

so what do they do about it? .. here is some i can think of:

1/ accept it and move on

2/ bitch about it to any who who will listen

3/ exchange not so very nice conversation with the other player and possible threats

4/ try to reason with them or beg them to stop

5/ attempt to get back at the player by any means they can

6/ report the player

7/ depo and throw money at the problem and make sure they do more damage so it does not happen to them again in future

8/ rage quit and move on to another game lol

now the million ped question.. if killing a mob that another player is hunting is kill stealing and kill stealing is not allowed and against the rules and can result in ur account being suspended then why the feck do these mobs even exist in the 1st place if hunting is not meant to be competitive ????

hence the reason why i said this type of mob should not be in non pvp areas and belong in competitive areas
ie pvp

but i think the answer to that question is pretty obvious to some .. *7* depo and throw money at the problem lol
to some it seems pretty obvious this is intentional so players will start to go broke faster, cos in some cases they are not getting any loots back to try and sell so they are thus forced to depo if they want to continue playing and buy better gear to ensure they do the most damage in the future

but how many of these new players will decide they want to continue playing a game that seems to stack the odds against them and part with their hard earned cash ?

this also reflects badly on not only the community and the game but also the game creators

my 1st experiences in the game were just like this and it almost put me off the game, it did for sure put me off calypso for a while and had i not met some of the nice people i met in the game then i would have moved on to another game..

losing stuff is only acceptable in lootable pvp areas cos then i have agreed to and accepted the risks nor should some people feel wary of playing incase they break some stupid rule just by playing the game how they want lol

Last edited:
welll either way im pretty sure any1 who has had this happen to them in this game or any other most will agree that it just sux and dont like it lol ....

so what do they do about it? .. here is some i can think of:

1/ accept it and move on

2/ bitch about it to any who who will listen

3/ exchange not so very nice conversation with the other player and possible threats

4/ try to reason with them or beg them to stop

5/ attempt to get back at the player by any means they can

6/ report the player

7/ depo and throw money at the problem and make sure they do more damage so it does not happen to them again in future

8/ rage quit and move on to another game lol

now the million ped question.. if killing a mob that another player is hunting is kill stealing and kill stealing is not allowed and against the rules and can result in ur account being suspended then why the feck do these mobs even exist in the 1st place if hunting is not meant to be competitive ????

hence the reason why i said this type of mob should not be in non pvp areas and belong in competitive areas
ie pvp

but i think the answer to that question is pretty obvious to some .. *7* depo and throw money at the problem lol
to some it seems pretty obvious this is intentional so players will start to go broke faster, cos in some cases they are not getting any loots back to try and sell so they are thus forced to depo if they want to continue playing and buy better gear to ensure they do the most damage in the future

but how many of these new players will decide they want to continue playing a game that seems to stack the odds against them and part with their hard earned cash ?

this also reflects badly on not only the community and the game but also the game creators

my 1st experiences in the game were just like this and it almost put me off the game, it did for sure put me off calypso for a while and had i not met some of the nice people i met in the game then i would have moved on to another game..

losing stuff is only acceptable in lootable pvp areas cos then i have agreed to and accepted the risks nor should some people feel wary of playing incase they break some stupid rule just by playing the game how they want lol

Number 1.
Thank you and good night.
Oh, and happy New year!

judging by some of the messages i got on discord it seems some thought i was off my meds again lol, some wanted to know which of those actions i come under, and 1 thought i was insane bad mouthing mind ark and coming dangerously close to option 2/ bitch about it to any1 who will listen, and said something like good luck ever getting good returns or globals ever again any time soon lol

so to clear things up it wasnt my intention to bad mouth any1 never mind mind ark, nor to appear to be bitching about it to any who would listen, i was simply trying to make some good suggestions to try n make the game better for all who have found them selves in this kind of situation, me personally its usually 1/ just ignore it and move on or depending on the situation 4 5 or 6 minus the begging part lol

also i have noticed that mind ark have have been trying to make the game better recently even tho as usual its come with a few bugs lol

oh and happy new year every1 have a good year and have fun :D

judging by some of the messages i got on discord it seems some thought i was off my meds again lol, some wanted to know which of those actions i come under, and 1 thought i was insane bad mouthing mind ark and coming dangerously close to option 2/ bitch about it to any1 who will listen, and said something like good luck ever getting good returns or globals ever again any time soon lol

so to clear things up it wasnt my intention to bad mouth any1 never mind mind ark, nor to appear to be bitching about it to any who would listen, i was simply trying to make some good suggestions to try n make the game better for all who have found them selves in this kind of situation, me personally its usually 1/ just ignore it and move on or depending on the situation 4 5 or 6 minus the begging part lol

also i have noticed that mind ark have have been trying to make the game better recently even tho as usual its come with a few bugs lol

oh and happy new year every1 have a good year and have fun :D

Do you think that might work? :rolleyes:

Hmmm...maybe I should try to maybe once write something positive about MA, but I just can't find anything positive to say. And I was taught never to lie.

And yeah, once shitlisted you might as well stop clicking cuz you will never profit again.

As Liu said, best is just to accept and move on. Or quit. Either way.
Don't try to change things it's wasted energy.

Do you think that might work? :rolleyes:

Hmmm...maybe I should try to maybe once write something positive about MA, but I just can't find anything positive to say. And I was taught never to lie.

And yeah, once shitlisted you might as well stop clicking cuz you will never profit again.

As Liu said, best is just to accept and move on. Or quit. Either way.
Don't try to change things it's wasted energy.

lol as far as i know im not shitlisted and do get goodish returns even some globals so makes no sense to suck up to em unless u are shit listed which i guess u might be? and no i dont think it would do any good if u were but maybe worth a try? lol

i do always try to find the good and positive in all people and things and if i can try make things better

and besides im too stupid.... i mean too stubborn to quit and i never give up lol and i have heaps of energy to spare lol ;)

lol as far as i know im not shitlisted and do get goodish returns even some globals so makes no sense to suck up to em unless u are shit listed which i guess u might be? and no i dont think it would do any good if u were but maybe worth a try? lol

i do always try to find the good and positive in all people and things and if i can try make things better

and besides im too stupid.... i mean too stubborn to quit and i never give up lol and i have heaps of energy to spare lol ;)

That's the spirit!!! Keep it up!!!

Yeah, sadly I'm also to stupid.... i mean too stubborn to quit.
Also a bit masochistic to hang around to be insulted by for nearly 15 years.
But luckily Entropia is not all about luck and good loots to survive. So I will let myself be insulted for 15 years more :wtg:

Don't give in and go on!!! :thumbup:

Number 1.
Thank you and good night.
Oh, and happy New year!

Sometimes the simple options are the best!

Also, shoot once and let the KS'er do the rest. Die, and let the KS'er hunt alone. Or get a bigger gun/sword and ask the KS'er why he can't loot the mob he killed :confused:

In crowded areas you're bond to attack another one's mob. Try to minimize it, and you'll be fine. Don't hunt next to the other hunters. Try to pay attention to how your avatar turns with "next target" and stop shooting when you notice you're hitting someone else's. Besides, I'm sure that MA will look in their logs too and won't ban you for KS'ing 1 in a 1000 mobs you've killed. It's another thing when 1 in a 1000 mobs you did 100% damage.

Happy new year and happy hoffing!

Sometimes the simple options are the best!

Also, shoot once and let the KS'er do the rest. Die, and let the KS'er hunt alone. Or get a bigger gun/sword and ask the KS'er why he can't loot the mob he killed :confused:

In crowded areas you're bond to attack another one's mob. Try to minimize it, and you'll be fine. Don't hunt next to the other hunters. Try to pay attention to how your avatar turns with "next target" and stop shooting when you notice you're hitting someone else's. Besides, I'm sure that MA will look in their logs too and won't ban you for KS'ing 1 in a 1000 mobs you've killed. It's another thing when 1 in a 1000 mobs you did 100% damage.

Happy new year and happy hoffing!
Completely agree.

When someone is poaching my kills, here's what I do:
(1) Move away from the other hunter and select my targets by hand for a bit (80% effective); else
(2) Say something like "oops sorry" and get into a time of day type conversation with the other hunter, who was on auto like me and had no Idea I was there (95% effective); else
(3) TP somewhere else to prevent the mixup from continuing (the official recommended fix); else
(4) who am I kidding, if steps 1 and 2 both fail, I grab my tagger and start dealing 150 normal damage at 99 meters to the various little shits I normally hunt, thus ensuring that my first shot takes more than half my target's life and I can then finish it my way, at my leisure. So far, this has always resulted in the genuine kill stealer mentality types just logging off; normal hunters move away to make space, and the more experienced and educated among us say "hey why are you doing that" and we go to solution #2 and have a nice day. (please don't use this solution against melee hunters, that's a nasty thing to do)

Back