The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless it's for hookers maybe?
    yeah and then it's still cheap compared to being married with kids

Quote Originally Posted by CozMoDan View Post
    I know I will get a few "Best ever" replies and congrats to them but I have been going down for about the last 3 or 4 weeks. I do log all my runs, currently 6538 of them so far. So I am really not just guessing about mine.

Hopping its just a bad time and will rebound soon and not a change of how loot is compiled.
    4 weeks is ok for me was 7 months ~85-90% tt returns, so each month ~-10k tt, total lost ~70k and then funny 7k hof =)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote
    Society
    (DFA) Don't feed the Animals
    Images

Wink The why the loot is bad questions finally answered..

Does your loot seem bad? Does it feel bad?
    well you're not the only one...

but instead of complaining about it, let's explain as to why this is happening..
    Now as you know we just came off of the Annual Merry mayhem (2019) and in fact compared to say what we had a few years ago, the lot is going to be back. why? Because to be honest the thing is this.. it's not that the loot has gone south intentionally but rather the fact that fewer of the "Big Spenders" out there are not playing because they feel jilted by the game, that they're entitled to get the guns armor and equipment that they deserve. that they get a lot of stuff in shrapnel (which they are very unappreciative of) and above all they rage quit in a bunch of frustration (Sometime coming back a year or two later only to repeat it all over again.. and some never return.. In short they never learn..

Now as to why without these so called "Big Fish" new "Big fish will have to cover the costs and thus if we don't have the new big fish in the pond giving out there heart and soul to the man as it were, then this game would eventually be made up a of a lot of smaller players who would have to foot the cost..(after all this is a play to advance type of scenario rather than a pally to win..(A Play to win scenario means you beat the big boss over and over again, and since there are really no big one fainl boss, this is indeed a play to advance type of scenario.)

The thing is that the loot is south due to a number of reasons but mostly it's because the big names are not here they've moved on with their lives and have decided up to the younger generation to carry the line (and considereing htat people are always in this game for the real cash and not the skills) there's bound to be a lot of disappointment..

My advice to the players are this.. be a gracious loser, don't worry how your loot falls, just earn skills and have fun.. Don't be entitled to anything but skills.. and you'll be a happier you..

That's just one player's observation

Sgt. Benjamin Ben Coyote , IFN Marines,
    A.K.A. "The Blind Sniper" (and his pets)
    I may be blind but I shoot better with my eyes closed. - Ben Coyote
    If yo can't see the patterns, then you really need to learn Braille. -- Ben Coyote
    Learn to be flexible, and learn to adapt, and you'll survive - Ben Coyote

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BenCoyote View Post
    Now as to why without these so called "Big Fish" new "Big fish will have to cover the costs and thus if we don't have the new big fish in the pond giving out there heart and soul to the man as it were, then this game would eventually be made up a of a lot of smaller players who would have to foot the cost..

My advice to the players are this.. be a gracious loser, don't worry how your loot falls, just earn skills and have fun.. Don't be entitled to anything but skills.. and you'll be a happier you..

A good post but why do the players have to lose and cover the cost? This game should be extremely profitable for MA even if TT % is set at 100% Realistically MA should make money from micro transactions in game,Deposits and Withdraws along with investments.

I never plan to lose and every situation needs to be winnable. Don't think Entropia needs to be the Kobayashi Maru. For all the non Trekkies - The Kobayashi Maru is a training exercise in the fictional Star Trek universe designed to test the character of Starfleet Academy cadets in a no-win scenario.

This game is successful only if players win. MA will make way more money when players win. The player base will grow. MA should want players to win and even make money and withdraw. That is what is called a successful Economy and MA is the Bank.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 49 Resource Gatherer - 5,574 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,476 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 5,024 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    TheRock
    Society
    Pain Incoming
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    A good post but why do the players have to lose and cover the cost? This game should be extremely profitable for MA even if TT % is set at 100% Realistically MA should make money from micro transactions in game,Deposits and Withdraws along with investments.

I never plan to lose and every situation needs to be winnable. Don't think Entropia needs to be the Kobayashi Maru. For all the non Trekkies - The Kobayashi Maru is a training exercise in the fictional Star Trek universe designed to test the character of Starfleet Academy cadets in a no-win scenario.

This game is successful only if players win. MA will make way more money when players win. The player base will grow. MA should want players to win and even make money and withdraw. That is what is called a successful Economy and MA is the Bank.
    I think that was the plan with Loot 2.0.
    The only problem i think is and will be the lack of players. We are no more than 2-5k players playing weekly. That should be the main problem. Getting 10-20k daily or weekly players, will generate a lot of healthier loot and more return pr avatar doing his activity. But now, due to small amounts of players cycling, means or might mean that it will take longer time to hit that high %. This is my obsevation and i could be wrong.

With more people, we will see more higher hofs even. Right now the hof, economy and return is at a sad state.
    Not that i want to complaing, as im doing ok here, but I have seen better days before. AHHh the old times

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BenCoyote View Post
    Does your loot seem bad? Does it feel bad?
    well you're not the only one...

but instead of complaining about it, let's explain as to why this is happening..
    Now as you know we just came off of the Annual Merry mayhem (2019) and in fact compared to say what we had a few years ago, the lot is going to be back. why? Because to be honest the thing is this.. it's not that the loot has gone south intentionally but rather the fact that fewer of the "Big Spenders" out there are not playing because they feel jilted by the game, that they're entitled to get the guns armor and equipment that they deserve. that they get a lot of stuff in shrapnel (which they are very unappreciative of) and above all they rage quit in a bunch of frustration (Sometime coming back a year or two later only to repeat it all over again.. and some never return.. In short they never learn..

Now as to why without these so called "Big Fish" new "Big fish will have to cover the costs and thus if we don't have the new big fish in the pond giving out there heart and soul to the man as it were, then this game would eventually be made up a of a lot of smaller players who would have to foot the cost..(after all this is a play to advance type of scenario rather than a pally to win..(A Play to win scenario means you beat the big boss over and over again, and since there are really no big one fainl boss, this is indeed a play to advance type of scenario.)

The thing is that the loot is south due to a number of reasons but mostly it's because the big names are not here they've moved on with their lives and have decided up to the younger generation to carry the line (and considereing htat people are always in this game for the real cash and not the skills) there's bound to be a lot of disappointment..

Ben I stopped reading after your first sentence. Nothing personal but your replies are to long to wade through. Anyway I was not complaining just wondering if I was the only one. The reason is I had changed mobs and the way I hunted, different weapon and using armor more to see if that made a difference. It worked for a very short time then got much worst. I wanted to know if it was me and my changes or just a general downturn in loot.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    TheRock
    Society
    Pain Incoming
    Images
    I had a newcommer friend with a budget of ~500ped.
    He went to hunt with 100 ammo and came back with 50.

Did mine as i recommend that to him and came back with 350, from 400input.

How am i supposted to make him and anyone in his shoes stay long and not quit?

I suggested him to trade for 1-2 years to get a budged and then he can do those activities again. Also focus on mining as it is much better than hunting.

But there is a missing link. I want and wish MA to add some sort of guideline on some basic stuff so that newcommers wont get astray. Right now is hard to convince any newbie to grind, unless they depo. And depo big perhaps...

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    I had a newcommer friend with a budget of ~500ped.
    He went to hunt with 100 ammo and came back with 50.

Did mine as i recommend that to him and came back with 350, from 400input.

How am i supposted to make him and anyone in his shoes stay long and not quit?

I suggested him to trade for 1-2 years to get a budged and then he can do those activities again. Also focus on mining as it is much better than hunting.

But there is a missing link. I want and wish MA to add some sort of guideline on some basic stuff so that newcommers wont get astray. Right now is hard to convince any newbie to grind, unless they depo. And depo big perhaps...
    I think you tried to help with your knowledge of game which you do have. But, I think you have told him wrong. I don't mean that in a bad way at all and please don't take that way. This game has changed so much since we started, loot wise I don't hardly recognize it any more. Things I used to do just 5 years and made a little profit over a long haul doesn't exist any more and I have rebuilt my game play several times. IMO there is no way you can tell some new player how to make money. You can not throw money at this game and win it just doesn't work. Even MA says if the do all these right (MA was talking about how to hunt correctly) one could achieve 97.5 % return as I recall which is about like Vegas slots odds. I enjoy the game and I like to play and don't mind greasing their wheels as long as the don't get greedy. Like they have in the past from time-to-time. You know we can all get lucky and hit the jackpot, except they are tied to mob size, no more Baby Feffs for 25K and they were not that hard to kill.

Just an opinion no offense to anyone,
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post

Not gonna happen because every 2-4 years Mindark upsets the entire system by introducing more random system or add-on, some of which players asked for, but most of which is just stuff someone at Mindark wanted to add in to throw everything off from the way it was... so some major newbie guide isn't ever going to happen because it'll be outdated as fast as it is written (I did contemplate writing a book or something many years ago and have a few old emails from Mindark about it, but gave up this idea once I realized this issue)...

Lets look a bit at history....
    a guide before the way amps worked would be outdated... (remember a104 on TT guns?)

a guide before L items existed would be outdated...a guide before SIB existed would be outdated...

a guide to crafting before explosives existed in blueprint form would be outdated... (remember getting explosives in loot from hunting?)... (remember when you had to have bp books in inventory when crafting)

a guide to the old taming system was outdated when the new taming system came out...

a guide before Loot 2.0 would be outdated...

The list goes on and on, and will forever... Any time Mindark adjusts something major every guide up to that point becomes invalid... so it is with this real crash economy that we have...

Studying the history of things is interesting, but it does probably put off some potential players when they see how many things change over time...

especially when you start studying all the laziness or just idiotic maneuvers that every big change actually causes due to Mindark not preparing enough for such change.... look at how many events have been altered after they started due to something they didn't foresee... how many estates stopped working when new continents or planets got introduced, sometimes for many months in a row... the list just goes on and on and on... just read the VU notes, all of them, and you'll start seeing the trends...

and yes, big spenders loosing big is where most of the 'great loot' comes from... if folks are tightening their spending it's understandable... also, it's sort of an annual tradition. Some folks just come in to do what they do during Mayhem and that's it... once that's done they leave til next year... or forever... especially if they are getting burned harder and harder every time they come back to test things out...
    Last edited by mastermesh; 02-02-2020 at 09:14.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    Not gonna happen because every 2-4 years Mindark upsets the entire system by introducing more random system or add-on, some of which players asked for, but most of which is just stuff someone at Mindark wanted to add in to throw everything off from the way it was... so some major newbie guide isn't ever going to happen because it'll be outdated as fast as it is written (I did contemplate writing a book or something many years ago and have a few old emails from Mindark about it, but gave up this idea once I realized this issue)...

Lets look a bit at history....
    a guide before the way amps worked would be outdated... (remember a104 on TT guns?)

a guide before L items existed would be outdated...a guide before SIB existed would be outdated...

a guide to crafting before explosives existed in blueprint form would be outdated... (remember getting explosives in loot from hunting?)... (remember when you had to have bp books in inventory when crafting)

a guide to the old taming system was outdated when the new taming system came out...

a guide before Loot 2.0 would be outdated...

The list goes on and on, and will forever... Any time Mindark adjusts something major every guide up to that point becomes invalid... so it is with this real crash economy that we have...

Studying the history of things is interesting, but it does probably put off some potential players when they see how many things change over time...

especially when you start studying all the laziness or just idiotic maneuvers that every big change actually causes due to Mindark not preparing enough for such change.... look at how many events have been altered after they started due to something they didn't foresee... how many estates stopped working when new continents or planets got introduced, sometimes for many months in a row... the list just goes on and on and on... just read the VU notes, all of them, and you'll start seeing the trends...

and yes, big spenders loosing big is where most of the 'great loot' comes from... if folks are tightening their spending it's understandable... also, it's sort of an annual tradition. Some folks just come in to do what they do during Mayhem and that's it... once that's done they leave til next year... or forever... especially if they are getting burned harder and harder every time they come back to test things out...
    That's about all of it, like you said. Take a look at the ATH list. I did a quick glance and looks like 2017 was the last ATH, could have missed one. Point is it seems anything big is gone. Also like you said many patches after releases and one thing you forgot to mention the "Known Issues" list that is there a lot of the time. What's up with that???? I don't believe I have seen any posts from a player who is trying to hurry up the next release. Another words don't release until everything is done !!! Like a bunch of third graders playing with computers and the sooner they can get a release they get a candy bar. The worst thing is I don't think I have seen a post from MA defending themselves when someone makes a post like this and saying how bad they are. If they think they are doing good then tells us why.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast