PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Slayer
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The loot pool dried up years ago, nothing drops, can't craft anything these days. Just try finding enough ingredients for a decent BP. The economy is barely breathing.
    "Scars mark the journey through life..."
    Starfinder XXI: Warp Transport Service (WTS) Calypso and Arkadia, Total kick arse SI 64000
    Buying: Umbranoid Paste Pot 1500Ped
    Buying: Earth Globe Lamp, 1500Ped.
    Celeste North Shop 13: Deep Space Supplies: Arkadian items for sale!
    Darrell "Dimebag" Lance Abbott (August 20, 1966 December 8, 2004) R.I.P.
    Jeff Hanneman (January 31, 1964 May 2, 2013) R.I.P.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TeesMaarKhan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I noticed alot of people saying where profitable runs were something along the lines of 40 or 50 profit and bad runs were in the region of -200 -300 and so on , i noticed that too quite frequent as though a pattern..even though i managed to cycle quite abit in 3 days. last 4 or 5 days have been extremely bad, really really bad which made me think time to take a break.

Put money and time to better use, after all when the results are clearly showing you, you will loose it all time and time again and is always proven.

If to make your peds last and stretch you have to hunt kerbs and snables then whats the point of this skilling and buying better gear, Its as though as saying skill up spend more buy more gear hunt bigger so we can take quicker and you loose quicker.

Now had they tweaked their loot algorithm a little where returns are consistent and not spread out where you have to cycle 30k peds and do an activity over the course of a week or had bad runs for weeks in a row to see returns, things might be abit different where your money lasts you a while and you dont mind depositing and spending when its running low.

Then its worth spending and having fun but until then no more depos. that cow milking quote comes to mind and was well said.
    Actually that is just what I have done. I hunted those and smaller. Too bad that I found that out too late and in reality, I enjoy as much if not more than the big mobs and here's why. For example a Atrox prowler, 2140 HP, My weapon did 60 dmg and I think my amp added around 20. You shoot and shoot and heal and heal and then 5 minutes later (maybe a little less time) and you get 1.1 ped. Alright so here's the thing for me, I stand in the same place shoot the same mob for 3-5 minutes and loose .5 ped or more depending if you count decay. Anyway I like to hunt several mobs in the same time frame and kind of spread the loss over more mobs. I must say that I do miss the rare, that is very rare lately, the big swirls and may do a few runs on the big ones from time to time but never like before. That takes way much more ped that I am willing to spend. Oh BTW in my 12 or so years I have found 1 rare item that was worth something (3500 ped) and never the ModMerc that we all looked for when we first started LOL.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicstorm View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is a run to you?
    A small run, is 200 ped of ammo, and mining 100 double drops with dsec 30 finder = 300 ped of probes.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    I have found that the volatility is much greater lately.

To combat increased volatility you need to increase your loot events/hr. Either up your DPS or scale down your mobs.

Bankroll management is also very important, as always.

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Lizzy Demon Storm
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    In the last 1,5 week I cycled about 1850ped on mobs that cost about 25pec to kill.

Returns are at 98.29%, and with MU I am in the green.

I tried other mobs however, and that was a bad experience for me.
    Last edited by Lizzy Storm; 01-07-2020 at 17:07.

Quote Originally Posted by CozMoDan View Post
    I know I will get a few "Best ever" replies and congrats to them but I have been going down for about the last 3 or 4 weeks.
    you're lucky, 2,5 years and counting for me...

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
    Society
    Entropialoot.com
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    A small run, is 200 ped of ammo, and mining 100 double drops with dsec 30 finder = 300 ped of probes.
    Thank you for the clarity.

I may as well continue from my previous posting with the small test tonight of pathetic looting that coincides with purgers and the other one globalling right now quite a lot. Coincidence? Possibly, but enough for me to shut down.

Plus, mob behaviour was very out of the ordinary - mobs super slow and go unreachable if you move away from them... coincidence? Again, maybe, but outdoors I tend to get wet only when it is raining and seek shelter.
    So, seeking ped shelter right now as well......

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    I may as well continue from my previous posting with the small test tonight of pathetic looting that coincides with purgers and the other one globalling right now quite a lot. Coincidence? Possibly, but enough for me to shut down.

Plus, mob behaviour was very out of the ordinary - mobs super slow and go unreachable if you move away from them... coincidence? Again, maybe, but outdoors I tend to get wet only when it is raining and seek shelter.
    So, seeking ped shelter right now as well......
    That is interesting I also of late have seen several that are unreachable. Sometimes I head butt them and they come around and I can kill them other times they just stay that way. Also I have noticed that I will see a mob and blink and it is gone. Yes I know but I don't drink OR do drugs. .
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    you're lucky, 2,5 years and counting for me...
    From December 2007 to July 22, 2018 I depoed nearly every week (Normal depo 200 USD), not really sure how much I spent but I called the cost of training to get to the big mobs and start earning all of it back. Not sure how much I depoed but if I found out I am sure I would faint. Anyway now I just enjoy the games as single person shooter and it is fun without the pressure of trying to get my money back.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast