PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    XXX ViP WARP
    Images
    I think what the community would like to see is more income on theyre current investments via cycling ped "playing the game" rather than more trading middle men leaching peds. Lets be honest your making this 10% someplace and sure it might be good for the fund but hurting them elsewhere in the process for example MU on crafting mats etc.

These types of funds IMO are only good for traders with other traders investing.

Came out lil harsher than intended but u get what im layin down =p
    Last edited by mspatterson; 01-07-2020 at 02:02.
    ✘✘✘ ViPô₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/YG5H4Md

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kain Dewey Fall
    Society
    Specialized Planet Expedition Dominion
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mspatterson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think what the community would like to see is more income on theyre current investments via cycling ped "playing the game" rather than more trading middle men leaching peds. Lets be honest your making this 10% someplace and sure it might be good for the fund but hurting them elsewhere in the process for example MU on crafting mats etc.

These types of funds IMO are only good for traders with other traders investing.

Came out lil harsher than intended but u get what im layin down =p
    The contract I want to sign with MindArk/Entroia Universe restricts me from making any withdraws from my *1% of shares* until the Shares sustain over a 10% ROI on 100% of the shares for up to 1 year...
    It would basically only be spent on feeding money into entropia by hunting (Basically gameplay research) All my sources would be from the TT, hunting, personal crafting.
    No -playertoplayer trade (unless jobs gets approved or events where other players are the judges and I might be 1 of 5 judges...)
    And even then, the only way for the value of the share to go up, is if I make it go up... So, I mean. If I can double my money in 7 years, may as well do it.

Thanks for being sincere about assumed harshness... Every little bit helps. You weren't very bad, just kind of quick to assume that I would probably run off with money and be like "Good enough for me SUCKERS!" You didn't blatantly direct that is what I am doing or insult me or whatever else.
    Last edited by Kain Dewey Fall; 01-07-2020 at 02:49.

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kain Dewey Fall
    Society
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GxB View Post
    why would anyone not just buy cld auds themselves? or are you looking for 7.6 million people to buy 1 share each>?
    The investment isn't even 7.6 million GxB, quit spamming shit. The reason to increase the amount of shares available to the community with an exponential potential of growth because greedy dumbasses aren't controlling the money,
    Someone with $1 to $10 can invest just as much as someone with $1,000,000 can invest. So everybody has an opportunity to get in on a opportunity(Instead of those who can afford anything) that can only grow while at the same time offering jobs ingame and engaging community involvement/ activity.

They don't have to go that extra 1-1000 mile(s) to achieve a steady growth in investments. Instead, they can either invest as much as they want to, or as much as they are able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kain Dewey Fall View Post
    I know, but I noticed no one has EVER said it out loud. To my knowledge.
    Cause it's well known for anyone with any sort of financial knowledge and it's called the rule of 7. there are plenty of financially literate people playing this.

The question is why would anyone invest in some unknown person (high risk) to get return that's similar to the proven and secured CLD (low risk).

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kain Dewey Fall
    Society
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zitti View Post
    Cause it's well known for anyone with any sort of financial knowledge and it's called the rule of 7. there are plenty of financially literate people playing this.

The question is why would anyone invest in some unknown person (high risk) to get return that's similar to the proven and secured CLD (low risk).
    What I want to know is why in my other post people were saying that their trust lies with someone who aimlessly spends money nonstop and throws their money around like they don't have to care because they have so much of it.

You aren't investing in a unknown person, "Aside from 1%" of shares(But that isn't investing in me, that is 1% of the invest going to me), you are investing in 100% of at most 50% of individual assets available in Entropia Universe.

The contract I am hoping to sign restricts me from making a withdraw on my account until 100% of the shares maintain higher than a 10% ROI for up to 1 year straight.

Also, I doubt the reason people don't talk about it is because it is well-known, I think it is probably because it is well-understood...

i say this once again. MA will not make any contract with you. never. ever. especially not one dictated by you. ask planet partners how easy making contracts with MA is lol. and your whole concept is based on something that is never going to happen. so please just stop this bullshit now.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Ok i'm still lost.....

Are people buying shares? Or trading in CLD/AUD to you? If the latter, do they get shares in return which makes up a portion on the 74%/76% (not sure which number it is now as its changed a couple of times). If that is the case, then there isn't really the liquid ped to be able to invest as you cant sell off 74%/76% of the shares if you are giving them to the inital deed owners. If they don't get shares, what do they get for their deeds? You cant expect people to hand you over CLD if you are only giving them 1/10th value for 5 years but they are not getting their inital value with it.

I don't think you can just use the cld/aud gained as the return as thats not near 10%, and your 23% buffer (which really has no value except for syphoning funds) would be gone really quickly. Also doesn't having 23% at no real traded value, decrease the effectiveness of the fund? Or are you purchasing the 23% yourself with funds?

There also isn't any real info as to what revenue investment opportunities you are talking about other than deeds. Seems a lot of the same word's thrown around but no actual plan other than big flashy signs with smoke and mirrors, as a distraction.

This time is spent purchasing Revenue opportunities and spending any money earned from the Revenue opportunities on additional revenue opportunities, so that the fund is secured... I mean, based on Entropia Universes' past activity, It would be great if I could withhold payments on the Shares for up to 5 months because... Who knows how long it would take for me to procure on spending ALL the funds on Revenue opportunities.
    I really just can't understand this business plan.

According to a chart I made though, the shares will have reached a secure 10% ROI after 3 months. although expected to payout a stead 10% within the first couple of days. That is why a security of 30 to 150 days is needed.
    Also I like charts, they are pretty and make things easier to understand...can you please share?

Cunning Haruto Rat
    Society
    fode et fuge
    Images
    An investment fund that is set up to promise a fixed return in a universe where all available instruments have floating rate of return is virtually certain to blow up in the long run, and lose a substantial portion of investors' money.

It's in the setup. When the fund's safe investments start to generate lower return, the managers are forced to take more risks with the remaining money to compensate the shortfall. For example, if 9/10 of your money is in safe paper and the return on that drops from 10% to 9%, you need to generate 19% on the remaining 1/10 to bring the average back to 10%. And yield chasing sooner or later ends up badly.

The only question here is whether seven years is a long enough run for the shit to hit the fan.
    There are many ways to skin a cat but just one way to boil a frog.

One of my problems following the couple of threads and prolific amount of writing being 'invested' at this time by this OP is the style of writing. Some of it appears to have gone through some kind of translator, but that may also be the OP not having English as a native language, but a huge vocabulary of English words he/she can string together that may make some sense to someone with the same mother tongue, but not native speakers.

Plus, it is a crazy real world out there. Awkward things can be done with the LIBOR, sub-prime product packaging, swaps, CO2 certificate trading, even plain shorting, that can spawn ideas for 'business propositions' in virtual worlds. In a world where snowball schemes might be relabled as "revolving opportunities", who knows what is fundamental to this concept here?

EU certainly has currently dormant areas that could be a source of turnover, trade and profit, based on the original notions of EU as an entertainment package with profit potential for the savvy. Some investments are currently languishing or can be said to have failed. With ComPet and coin offerings at the one end of the scale, we can still move past areas such as land plots, stables, even space, as ongoing areas where peds have been invested but with little return, until we get to areas such as various deeds with varying degrees of success so far and various land areas, shops etc. Heck, even make-up and harvesting exist, to name an old profession and a newer one that seem to be currently frozen. MA could open up these areas again at any time, but have tended to open new ones instead, such as looter professions, new instances or missions with new progressions (storyline?) etc.

So, when I see the effort that has been made to introduce an Entropia Exchange for the CP deeds, I see both something that could be expanded on by MA, but just as likely yet another idea that does not get taken further for years.

Am I making any sense to the people who have so far taken the time, like me, to read the OP's threads...? Is this a fair response/contribution of mine? Just askin'....

Edit: beautifully put Haruto and well asked Darth. Maybe this is an exercise in collaborative understanding of a jumbled initial state, with progressively better solutions emerging...
    Last edited by jetsina; 01-07-2020 at 03:58.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Someone with $1 to $10 can invest just as much as someone with $1,000,000 can invest. So everybody has an opportunity to get in on a opportunity(Instead of those who can afford anything) that can only grow while at the same time offering jobs ingame and engaging community involvement/ activity.

They don't have to go that extra 1-1000 mile(s) to achieve a steady growth in investments. Instead, they can either invest as much as they want to, or as much as they are able to.
    That's already possible with CP shares. You can gather sweat for just a few days and buy a CP share. You can recycle sweat revenue and share payouts to buy more shares. When enough shares are collected they can even be sold to buy AUDs and CLDs, etc.

Or they can just walk down the street collecting soda cans and pop bottles, recycle them for 5 cents each and deposit to buy shares. It's arguably faster than sweating and better for your health and the environment.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast