Weapon Economy Enhancers Don't Adjust Efficency Rating?

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
I just noticed that when you add a Weapon Economy Enhancer to a weapon the efficiency rating doesn't change. It doesn't even highlight orange. Is this a bug?

I mean the enhancers are supposed to reduce the costs by 1% per tier. And if efficiency is defined as "The cost-effectiveness of a weapon in creating damage" wouldn't reducing those costs have a direct correlation on it's cost-effectiveness, and thus efficency?

Isn't that the entire point? To make the weapon more economical or "cost-effective"?

Economy enhancers change you eco not your efficiency. Efficiency is just a parameter.

Eco enhancers adds dpp to your weapon. MA stated in one of the loot 2.0 statements efficiency and dpp are both separate parameters.

I think it will adjust the decay rating, not efficiency %.

Eco enhancers adds dpp to your weapon. MA stated in one of the loot 2.0 statements efficiency and dpp are both separate parameters.

I thought that efficiency took into account DPP among other factors? But if cost isn't at all factored into efficiency, what is it based on?

I thought that efficiency took into account DPP among other factors? But if cost isn't at all factored into efficiency, what is it based on?

Its based on the number stated in weapon description under efficiency rating

Its based on the number stated in weapon description under efficiency rating

lol I know Brawndo's got electrolytes! (IE efficiency is a stat that's shown in the weapons stats under efficiency).

But I'm asking what makes up that number? I don't think it's just some random number MA sticks in there for the fun of it. I'm sure it has to be related to something like how much decay/ammo cost there is in relation to the damage done. What determines why one gun has an efficiency of 50% but another has 60%?

"What is efficiency?"
"
...it's what players crave"
"But what is it based on??"
"...Guns have efficiency"
:laugh:

Last edited:
lol I know Brawndo's got electrolytes! (IE efficiency is a stat that's shown in the weapons stats under efficiency).

But I'm asking what makes up that number? I don't think it's just some random number MA sticks in there for the fun of it. I'm sure it has to be related to something like how much decay/ammo cost there is in relation to the damage done. What determines why one gun has an efficiency of 50% but another has 60%?

Efficiency has no relation to DPP, decay, damage or any other weapon stat. Efficiency is set by MA at their own discretion.

The fact that high efficiency weapons normally also have high eco is because when efficiency was introduced MA had to set it for all weapons, and they decided that making efficiency comparable to eco was the most fair thing to do (which I agree). But make no mistake, MA could make a 5dpp weapon with 0% efficiency if they wanted to.

More info:
The efficiency stat on items are not directly tied to it's DPP. All existing items had their efficiency set based on their current DPP in order to keep their relative "economy" compared to each other in place. The IMK2 was by far the most economic/high DPP weapon in the game and therefore now has the highest efficiency, the Swine Deluxe was among the least economic/lowest DPP weapons and therefore now has among the lowest efficiency.

The efficiency does not have to be proportional to the DPP of the item but currently they usually are. There are however a couple of exceptions to this such as scopes which have a DPP of 0 (as they do no damage) but still have a fairly high efficiency stat.

There also seems to still be a lot of confusion in regards to what "Efficiency" does. Efficiency has a direct effect on the overall TT return, it does not directly affect loot composition.

In regards to Team loot and Shared loot distribution it hasn't really changed and works the same way as before. However, with the new loot system it is now possible to make a new team loot rule that splits loot based on everyone's costs instead of their damage, creating a much more fair loot setting for teams.

If it does affect its probably bugged atm. I have a fast weapon (100.1 atc/min with ringbuff only) when i take a hyper10 with addtional speed i only get a damagebuff wich decreases durability (in my case melee) or additional ammo burn with ranged. This is not showed in either efficiency or durability wich should change colour to orange.

But I'm asking what makes up that number?

It is derived from the item's naked stats to give it a relative rating within the spectrum of all other items. This is done one-time at design and doesn't change with enhancers. It wouldn't make any sense to make its calculation dynamic, because every other item can be enhanced as well. Again: It is a relative number, as opposed to the absolute numbers which determine your actual dpp.

Efficiency has no relation to DPP, decay, damage or any other weapon stat. Efficiency is set by MA at their own discretion.

The fact that high efficiency weapons normally also have high eco is because when efficiency was introduced MA had to set it for all weapons, and they decided that making efficiency comparable to eco was the most fair thing to do (which I agree). But make no mistake, MA could make a 5dpp weapon with 0% efficiency if they wanted to.

More info:

Thanks for this post and taking the time to lookup the post by ma. I guess this pretty much answers it.

I guess I was wrong - it is a stat basically just made up by ma lol

I read somewhere(can't find where now) that accuracy enhancers increase the Efficiency stat by a bit.

I read somewhere(can't find where now) that accuracy enhancers increase the Efficiency stat by a bit.

Accuracy enhancers increase "critical hit ability".

Back