PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 32 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 362
  1. #211
    Prowler Evey's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Avatar
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Posts
    1,628
    Images
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While noting that the OP is about tt returns having appeared to drop recently to below what is acceptable for many people, there has always been the link to mu.
    A self-balancing system needs to have an equilibrium point or well - an attractor - strong enough to maintain feedback mechanisms. Mining appears to have the right idea.

    Maybe counterintuitively, mining is boring enough to keep many players away unless the demand for mined mats soars and mus go up. If mus go down, so does the number of miners. They don't leave the game, just the activity.

    Unfortunately, hunting does not appear to have quite the same mechanism on mus. People either hunt or they stop ped-turnover activity, so MA need to be much more careful about how much tt they "extract" here....

    Do you think they have noticed yet or just think it's post-mayhem blues?
    Remember their post about how big turnover hunters have more % tt return? This is the problem. You need consistency and more activity to see a decent %. This is the way ...for now. Meaning low budget/dps hunters need to dial down the mobs level, down to a point where they can see some consistency in % returns...
    Should this change? I don't know, but, that's the thing one has to fix if they want to improve their current game. Or, wait until things change (if things will change) with a loot 3.0 or smth...

  2. #212
    Alpha The Abomb's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Avatar
    Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    524
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by MeiGDLing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TT returns and whatever seem to still be working as they always have,
    It isn't though. Which many players have stated with their numbers and experience. For many there is another 5% TT return being taken by MA from the typical hunting the past 3 months. The TT return is different because something was definitely tweaked and changed. This is why there are many post about it. This isn't a player is doing something wrong issue when MA changes the loot.



    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fixed that for you.
    You fixed nothing and it isn't up to you or any of the players to fix the current game. I wish you could look at some bigger pictures instead of the little personal world that you live in.

    First

    Is the 4,142 active hunters enough hunters in this game? No
    Are the TT returns that most of the player base is experiencing good enough? No

    MA should be trying to improve the hunter profession to increase that 4,142 to 10 to 15k active hunters. Then it should be trying to continue to grow that number year after year. The fact that this number never goes up and is a revolving door of players quitting is a BAD business model.

    This isn't up to the player to change the business model and how loot is distributed. It's up to MA. Players do market the game for them "IF" it is in a good state which right now it isn't because of the low TT % returns they are giving. Again low TT % returns is an MA problem that they need to improve with a new VU.


    Finally

    Look at the game overall Eve and what is happening in the community instead of just saying yup my house seems fine despite everything around you burning. There are so many seasoned hunters that are just stopping hunting because of the recent changes and returns. This is 100% an MA problem to fix for the players, they need to put out these fires! It's like you don't want the game to get better and only care about yourself but that isn't a great way to look at things.

    Eve why is this thread so popular? Why are there similar threads about loot? It's because the loot changed and people noticed. It's because loot TT% returns are down because of these changes. These are the facts.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-23-2020 at 11:19.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,906 Force Merge

    Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

  3. #213
    Mutated mastermesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Billy Bar
    Avatar
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Posts
    14,647
    Blog Entries
    10
    Images
    1745

  4. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by MeiGDLing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but theres not rly a better way to do it, the only thing i think MA need to fix is markup
    Ofc there's a better way to do it.
    Hunting loot events:
    10% Chance for 90% return on kill
    44% Chance for 93% return on kill
    45% Chance for 95% return on kill
    1% Chance for 100+% return on kill (aka Multiplier)
    garantueed TT-return: 90+%

    Crafting (quantity + maxed for chances):
    turn all BPs into SIB BPs
    5% Chance for fail
    1% Chance for 100+% return success (aka multiplier)
    36% Chance for 100% TT-return success
    58% Chance for 90% TT-return near success

    Mining (based on 1 ped per drop, outdoors):
    33% chance for nrf
    66% chance for 1,35 PED claim
    1% chance for Multplier
    add level 14 amplifier > 1,5 times the decay of level 13 amp & 1,5 times the claim size of level 13 amp
    add level 15 amplifier > 2 times the decay of level 13 & 2 times the claim size of level 13 amp

    This way the minimum return will be much higher, which should make more people stay & attract more people, which results in more demand for items and higher MUs.

    MA can try to solely focus on increasing the MU, but they're gonna lose that fight, when people just keep quitting the game, because of shit returns.
    Last edited by Alukat123; 01-23-2020 at 13:18.

  5. #215
    Provider
    Joined
    Mar 2016
    Avatar
    tyires tyirepl tyirepl
    Posts
    181
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    First

    Is the 4,142 active hunters enough hunters in this game? No
    Are the TT returns that most of the player base is experiencing good enough? No
    Is 4k hunters enough in this game? Yes and No.

    For us? It is not enough for many reasons - empty planets, dead economy, low trade volume etc.
    For MindArk? It is perfectly fine amount. Their sales recently are around 7m USD per year and they consider this "extremely profitable". All they need is 4k hunters and some miners and crafters to regularly deposit 100-150 USD monthly on average while keeping withdrawal ratio on expected level of 30%. (it's not made up - all this data is from their financial statement)

    They don't need to go global, they don't need millions of players. They won't change much about game. They can stay in their niche, having 5-6k active depositors and milk the cow as much as possible hoping it won't *mooooo* to loud. That's what they have been doing for past 17 years and it worked for them perfectly.

    EU works fine for MA. Don't expect any change!

  6. #216
    Prowler Evey's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Avatar
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Posts
    1,628
    Images
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You fixed nothing and it isn't up to you or any of the players to fix the current game. I wish you could look at some bigger pictures instead of the little personal world that you live in.
    If it's not up to me to fix the game, nor up to anyone, why did you took on this quest then, to fix the loot?
    I am looking at the bigger picture, the bigger picture is that there are over 4k hunters (a small numer, I agree on that) but only a handful that are 'reporting' bad results. Plus, in your case, you refuse any advice, you use bad tools and you think you should do much better than you are but you are not willing to change anything and that is not the game's problem, it's your problem.

    I don't get why you feel you represent the other 4k hunters... MOST of them are not writing on forums, not even viewing it so the bigger picture is a different one...
    The picture where the loot is bad is a picture often present on the forum and on all this threads there are certain individuals that are never happy and this will go on forever... these threads will burn for a long time, just as the game will go on for a long time.
    These kind of threads are always popular. People read them for entertainment, many agree with you, some agree with me (alukat will negrep anyone who says the game is fine ) but the truth is always somewhere in the middle.

    Please try to improve your part too, not do stupid shit then blame MA because others outsmart you, ok?

  7. #217
    Alpha The Abomb's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Avatar
    Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    524
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it's not up to me to fix the game, nor up to anyone, why did you took on this quest then, to fix the loot?
    We personally can't fix it but the community can ask for the system to work properly as it is proposed. The system doesn't work and now the players are addressing that so MA can fix it. So MA can make sure that the system is indeed working as it is supposed too. (Which it isn't lately)

    Many players were getting acceptable returns then MA changed something and now most aren't.


    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get why you feel you represent the other 4k hunters... MOST of them are not writing on forums, not even viewing it so the bigger picture is a different one...
    Because Abomb is The People's Champ and fighting The Good Fight


    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (a small numer, I agree on that) but only a handful that are 'reporting' bad results. Plus, in your case, you refuse any advice, you use bad tools and you think you should do much better than you are but you are not willing to change anything and that is not the game's problem, it's your problem.
    You are wrong only a handful of hunters are getting the expected results ( not even good ). The majority of hunters have experienced a sharp decline in TT % return regardless of the tools used or their experience. Again this thread isn't to address my personal returns but to address the change in loot that has given the community bad returns. I don't need your hunting advice, ( quite frankly your advice is bad ) I understand how the system works and I also understand that it changed and not working correctly. You are making this about me instead of the many hunters that have a sharp decline in returns even using FEN items. What of them? Do they not count? Stop with your forum malarkey and open your eyes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please try to improve your part too, not do stupid shit then blame MA because others outsmart you, ok?
    I am always improving and I am also always stating facts. The facts are TT % returns are way to low for many seasoned hunters across Entropia regardless of Looter and Efficiency. These are facts! However you want to distort the facts is up to you as your ignorance knows no bounds. If something isn't working as it is proposed to ( it needs to be addressed ) Think this thread and others has been beneficial and constructive for MA to make changes where needed in future VU's or at least give them something to think about to increase their revenue while keeping the faith of the player base.

    These are the type of constructive threads and feedback that the community should be having with MA and MA should be communicating more with us. Lets make the game better for all of us while at the same time have some transparency on issues the community obviously has.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-23-2020 at 19:32.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,906 Force Merge

    Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

  8. #218
    Old Alpha Detritus's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Avatar
    Detritus the Troll
    Posts
    948
    Images
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are wrong only a handful of hunters are getting the expected results ( not even good ). The majority of hunters have experienced a sharp decline in TT % return regardless of the tools used or their experience.
    ...
    I am always improving and I am also always stating facts. The facts are TT % returns are way to low for many seasoned hunters across Entropia regardless of Looter and Efficiency. These are facts!

    Majority or many? Since these are "facts", could you please provide the exact percentage of hunters and cite your data source?

  9. #219
    Dominant tekmaster82's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    James Jimbo Gumb
    Posts
    413
    Images
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Majority or many? Since these are "facts", could you please provide the exact percentage of hunters and cite your data source?
    Yes, I would like to see this data as well.

  10. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is 4k hunters enough in this game? Yes and No.
    wasn't it like 15k 5month or so ago, when Abomb made the "22 bad runs in a row" thread? an over 66% decrease is quite a lot.

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 32 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook