Response on Bad Loot and my MA tracked 91% Returns

My loot is just fine and doesn't need fixing.

That's a sample size of 1.
Here in the thread are many people who say it isn't fine and i know even more ingame and people who have even quit because of those terrible returns, sample size far greater than >1...

You may just be one of the few expection who do have fine loot by coincidence.

Last edited:
Let me quote a fragment of MindArk's last financial statement from May 2019.

In section "Analysis of the results for Entropia Universe" they state as follows:

Looking only at Entropia Universe and its revenues and expenses, one finds an operating profit of
20.4 million SEK and a profit before tax of 17.1 million SEK, i.e. Entropia Universe is an extremely
profitable product.

Do you get it now? EU is extremely profitable for MindArk and they will surely do everything to keep it that way. If EU is profitable for them, it cannot be profitable for you. There are probably some exceptions which proves the rule, like Evey.

Good luck guys, don't forget to keep EU extremely profitable for MA today :laugh:

Let me quote a fragment of MindArk's last financial statement from May 2019.

In section "Analysis of the results for Entropia Universe" they state as follows:

Do you get it now? EU is extremely profitable for MindArk and they will surely do everything to keep it that way. If EU is profitable for them, it cannot be profitable for you. There are probably some exceptions which proves the rule, like Evey.

Good luck guys, don't forget to keep EU extremely profitable for MA today :laugh:

well, actually it can be.
Buy deeds.
They can be quite profitable.
And then let folks like evey make revenue for the deed holders. :thumbup:

Hi Guys

This is a good thread with good input from the community coming together and sharing their experience as of late, lets not bitch at each other. we all have opinions, lets just keep it positive and respect each others opinions and not throw sarcastic remarks around its petty, Some are doing well, good on them. a lot are feeling something is not right and needs to be looked at so lets just respect each others input and go forward and keep the thread and input alive in a positive way.

Btw im one of the latter.

Remember if you start accusations sarcasm and what not it will derail the thread and it will end up getting closed and guess what brushed under the carpet. The very thing we are not trying to let happen right?

Regards
Tees

My loot (and other peoples loot I'm sure) is just fine and doesn't need fixing.

No offense but if you're using Songkra Corrosive Dagger and Spakbite, if you keep mentioning good dpp (especially with these crappy tools) when talking about tt return, you do need hunting advice....

How about when at 91% you also try to ask for players that actually do well in TT what are they doing right?
Not long ago you were saying you only care about skills and progression - it's probably time you switch your strategy if you now care for TT.

I agree, 91% isn't playable at all, no matter the gear or markup, everything below 94%(med term) is terrible for a proper hunter (that wants to be self sustainable). Your 91% is probably a mix of many mistakes it seems while Xen's low return is a very bad period that's most likely going to pass sooner or later (we've all been there) since he has decent skills and equipment and game knowledge.

No matter the experience or what you hunt (save always hunting on 4+% taxed land) anyone should be able to hunt with 55-65 efficiency and get 95% tt return in the long run. I did after loot 2.0 killing many, many mobs. Things have changed, at least for me and seemingly for a number of others. I'm now hunting with 79% efficiency and I'm still getting the unusual loot behavior.

Well, Support has been sent and they told me they do not give out these kind of information.

...what to do and what to believe here ?

Well, Support has been sent and they told me they do not give out these kind of information.

Lol special treatment much! You need to depo more

That's a sample size of 1.
Here in the thread are many people who say it isn't fine and i know even more ingame and people who have even quit because of those terrible returns, sample size far greater than >1...

You may just be one of the few expection who do have fine loot by coincidence.

Or possibly if you read the rest of what he's saying you might be able to infer that perhaps the problem is not the loot system but the player. It's almost like he's implying that the way to get better results is through better gear, skills, and knowledge of the game (weird, that's exactly what MA tells us also). By the way, this applies to all levels of play, and you don't have to be an uber to succeed.

Every time there's one of these community whine threads and a top player gives advice it's always dismissed as "yea you're a lucky toon" or "you just spend more than we do", because it doesn't fit with the narrative that everyone who isn't doing well has created for themselves. You can pick any of these threads (there's plenty of them) and you will always find a lot of comments along the lines of "the thing I have been doing for x months/years that worked no longer is working, the system is broken". I don't think y'all want the truth, tbh, you just want MA to give you better returns without you having to adapt to a game that is constantly changing.

I have a working theory on what was changed. Need to run some more test but it appears they changed the formula on Efficiency and how Dpp works I am guessing some time around end of Oct where we started to see a variance in returns.

Going to start doing some test today and hopefully we can nail down the new system that was implemented.

I was going to type out what I found that is different but on my way to test it some more before we get into the specifics.

Last edited:
411-4111945_transparent-phytoplankton-png-red-queen-race-through-the.png

No matter the experience or what you hunt (save always hunting on 4+% taxed land) anyone should be able to hunt with 55-65 efficiency and get 95% tt return in the long run. I did after loot 2.0 killing many, many mobs. Things have changed, at least for me and seemingly for a number of others. I'm now hunting with 79% efficiency and I'm still getting the unusual loot behavior.

Exactly correct. Now if we can just nail down what MA has been tinkering with we should be able to get consistent returns again.

I got the same reply lol!

Hi Ardorj-Njarr,

Thank you for your support case.

We apologize for the inconvenience but this is not a service we provide, we do not give out return figures on request.

We will only do so in specific cases but not as stated on request.

Take care and best of luck.

------------

So, I did it myself:
Month : Return %
01. : 89,83%
02. : 87,72%
03. : 89,37%
04. : 92,44%
05. : 81,02%
06. : 84,46%
07. : 90,61%
08. : 118,06%
09. : 94,09%
10. : 92,36%
11. : 89,32%
12. : 99,96%
2019: 94.17%

So, yeah, some months are bad, some are better. And I could learn to be a more profitable hunter too :laugh:

I got the same reply lol!

Hi Ardorj-Njarr,

Thank you for your support case.

We apologize for the inconvenience but this is not a service we provide, we do not give out return figures on request.

Take care and best of luck.

Well it is true they aren't a service although they "should" have one in place for this information. This thread has a lot of attention and there has been some back and forth with support and they do read these threads I even linked both of them.

I imagine since this thread is so popular they aren't providing any more official numbers anymore. Just a guess, perhaps they don't want everyone submitting cases for this information. Perhaps they are deciding the best coarse of action so they locked this information for now. Or maybe it is just a case by case scenario. I am not shy with support and communicating Bugs, errors or info since I want the game to be an awesome experience for everyone.

Well it is true they aren't a service although they "should" have one in place for this information. This thread has a lot of attention and there has been some back and forth with support and they do read these threads I even linked both of them.

I'm still dubious as to the accuracy of the information, but if it's information that they have I think it would be great if they simply made it available in the account section of the web site.

I don't understand why they are only selectively giving it out to certain players.

This makes no sense. What was the special circumstance in which they decided to give it to you? It seems that all you did was request it.

I strongly suspect this will end with MA having to add automatically generated recent return stats to the account page. :laugh:

I'm still dubious as to the accuracy of the information, but if it's information that they have I think it would be great if they simply made it available in the account section of the web site.

I don't understand why they are only selectively giving it out to certain players.

This makes no sense. What was the special circumstance in which they decided to give it to you? It seems that all you did was request it.

That is a good idea to provide that info in the account section

Maybe it's because Abomb is The People's Champ, fighting The Good Fight

I think the difference is, someone just asking them for the 'official' loot tt returns and someone coming to them with concerns that loot is broken because their returns are not what they should be.

If you just put in a support case asking them for the numbers, they will say this isn't a service they provide. But if you put in a support case saying that according to your own logs, returns have been consistently bad for you, then they will release it...?

On a serious note this is it. I dedicate a lot of time and effort to this game and this support case is very serious!! I went to them as a concerned player and investor explaining that this isn't even remotely close to what it is supposed to be. I never deposit with the intentions of losing it. I play to have fun and of course win!

So with that it's obvious with the time I put in, something has indeed changed. That I don't feel confident enough to deposit anymore with a system that isn't working correctly. Which is true, If I am going to deposit why would I hunt? If indeed the system has changed in the past few months. As always I will make the needed adjustments to my personal gameplay but since this isn't a problem specific to me. I am hoping we can get some transparency on Loot 2.0 and why it is lack luster now.

Last edited:

I think the difference is, someone just asking them for the 'official' loot tt returns and someone coming to them with concerns that loot is broken because their returns are not what they should be.

If you just put in a support case asking them for the numbers, they will say this isn't a service they provide. But if you put in a support case saying that according to your own logs, returns have been consistently bad for you, then they will release it...?

So with that it's obvious with the time I put in, something has indeed changed. That I don't feel confident enough to deposit anymore with a system that isn't working correctly. Which is true, If I am going to deposit why would I hunt? If indeed the system has changed in the past few months. As always I will make the needed adjustments to my personal gameplay but since this isn't a problem specific to me I am hoping we can get some transparency on Loot 2.0 and why it is lack luster now.

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but my casual observation has been that volatility tends to increase during events (coincidentally when we see more threads like this).

This could be either:

1) MA fiddling with the parameters in order to generate those larger HOFs we tend to see during these times as a marketing strategy to encourage more play (and thus more deposits).

2) An organic effect of how the loot system works when player activity increases - especially considering that events draw in a lot of the high level players that maybe are less active otherwise, and also that players tend to go balls out (increase DPS, buffs, etc) during these times. This increased competition for loot events per interval will impact everyone, but I think more casual players (like myself) will feel it a bit more as we will be capturing less multipliers or item drops than normal, causing the duration between return spikes to often be longer. This would explain why some people feel like something has changed while others don't and MA says everything is functioning as intended.

I personally think the latter, but barring an official statement from MA, I don't think we could prove either way. It might be some combination of both.

My tt returns been pretty stable during 2019. Only in Summer Mayhem I ended up at about 89% tt... god knows why?

Total for 2019:

420,476 ped decay
404,069 ped loot

= 96,1% tt

I was using the following setup:

In recent months I used my Isis HL15 + Arso TEN chip

Earlier in 2019 I used Crogenic 9, Lacerating 11, Archon + Arso TEN

But I had the feeling that loot got worse in December. That is when I did decide to take a little break..

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in the thread are many people who say it isn't fine and i know even more ingame

If you actually read the posts in this thread, there are not that many saying that. There are multiple posts from the same people saying that, but individual numbers are low.

Its a fairly responsible response. I approve.

Since Mayhem began:

152,184.95 ped cycled (tt)

139,418.11 ped loot (tt)

1.17% is armor decay

healing practically 0%

317.60 ped tt is damage enhancer breakage (100% tt return)

90.36% tt return

-14,877.96 tt ped lost in 33 days.

Congratulations MA, you have achieved Xen Not Playing, not easy to do.

Since 12 december 2019 :

147105 ped cycled (tt)

138843 ped loot (tt)

94.38% tt return

-8262 ped tt ped lost till now

I have complain? no cause I was using spirit mk 1 and i know my returns could 3-4% better tt if i was using high efficiency weapon.

Since 12 december 2019 :

147105 ped cycled (tt)

138843 ped loot (tt)

94.38% tt return

-8262 ped tt ped lost till now

I have complain? no cause I was using spirit mk 1 and i know my returns could 3-4% better tt if i was using high efficiency weapon.

My overall efficiency was higher. Yet at that return % I would probably still be playing and would have cycled a lot more.

Since Mayhem began:

152,184.95 ped cycled (tt)

139,418.11 ped loot (tt)

1.17% is armor decay

healing practically 0%

317.60 ped tt is damage enhancer breakage (100% tt return)

90.36% tt return

-14,877.96 tt ped lost in 33 days.

Congratulations MA, you have achieved Xen Not Playing, not easy to do.

Ok at this moment I just want to say I am sorry this happened to you. You intentions were good, setup pretty ok, you have spent a lot of time, good intentions and in response they take 1500 USD from you in a month which is like monthly salary for a lot of people in the world. Noone can afford this except for some really wealthy CEO's.

This should never happen, this proves that even for experienced players who have been here for years, know the game etc, system is broken.
What bankroll do you need to be able to recover from this loss? 200k ped? Who on earth can afford this???

Guy's been here since 2005 so you can put your advices 'you do this or that wrong' up in your *you know where*

Last edited:
This should never happen, this proves that even for experienced players who have been here for years, know the game etc, system is broken.
What bankroll do you need to be able to recover from this loss? 200k ped? Who on earth can afford this???

Don't know about what Xen needs. However for crafting in the games current state i'd go with a bankroll of 40k to 50k times the click cost. ´
So 40k to 50k PED bankroll for a 1 PED per click craft, which is an insane bankroll requirement for such a small craft.

something like 2k to 3k times the costs per click would be okay as bankroll requirement...

Ok at this moment I just want to say I am sorry this happened to you. You intentions were good, setup pretty ok, you have spent a lot of time, good intentions and in response they take 1500 USD from you in a month which is like monthly salary for a lot of people in the world. Noone can afford this except for some really wealthy CEO's.

Guy's been here since 2005 so you can put your advices 'you do this or that wrong' up in your *you know where*

This is exactly where I was trying to get at with this thread. The fact is seasoned hunters can't even come close to what is acceptable. They have the skills, the gear and of course knowledge. So what's wrong? The system! A system that when it was introduced seemed interesting since having skills matter is always important. However it just isn't working or generating the results required.

I say generating the results required because it is required for MA to produce a system that is fair and realistic for people to enjoy the activities in the game. When seasoned players get these types of returns it's MA's fault for not having a better system in place. Because in the end we lose good players that have been here for years and they aren't replaced. They really aren't.

When new players ask me what looter level I have and I tell them 53. They then say wow you must get 98% returns and my response is no. Sorry but looter doesn't help me at all and I get 91-92% They then have this confused look and question why should we be concerned with looter then? I also ask the same question and wish them luck and hope they stay. However I don't give them false hope in a system that doesn't actually work because why would I want a player to lose money. However who can confidently say with proof that looter helps even a fraction of a % right now? I haven't seen it and many other players feel the same. So what good is it besides smoke and mirrors to satisfy legal measures to keep this game legal instead of being considered gambling.

Any who argues what is going on currently is just blind to what is actually going on in the community and they only care about themselves and their Ped card. They will scream from the mountains everything is fine and works but obviously it doesn't.

I hope MA reads this thread and considers heavily the terrible situation we are in and what we need to do to get to a much better place. However the ball is in MA's court to win the players back and give them reassurance that you can use skills, gear and knowledge to actually get the expected results of 96-98%.

I wish everyone luck out there since that is what really matters.

Abomb

Last edited:
I see players here losing $800 and $1500 A MONTH!!! It doesn't surprise me, I played years ago but stopped playing for the reason that it was just too damn expensive.

Each year I tend to poke my nose back in and have a look at how things are in Entropia and it's the same old story. I put in £100 as a tester, hunted without armour and healed with adj res chip and mobs well within capability and £100 more or less gone in 10 days. The "Game" is a sick joke.

Common sense should be telling us all that EU is a small scale, mediocre game and if you are losing anything above £50 A MONTH... you need your head testing.

If EU is ever going to grow as a game and increase it's playing population returns of 90%, 95%, 97% simply are not sustainable. I shit you not, as an online "Game" and the hours we all like to play, returns should/need to be 99-99.5% return or the playerbase just gets bankrupted except for a few wealthy folk out there.

well i did 2 little depos of £50 each over the course of last few days and thought i was just having a bad run but this is one long bad run with horrendous returns and the cost to play this thing is absurd. 8 hours of hunting with 1 x 60 ped global, if thats not a slap in the face then i dont know what is.

i was in doubt whether to be patient and carry on slowly or take a month or 2 break but the last 2 posts by A bomb and tekkie with whats been going on summed it all up.

Yes we do need our heads checking and this joke of a company has abused us and our money Alot. just finishing last peds on hunt and then this evening uninstalling and never coming back or ever giving these jokers a penny until there is a post by an MA official saying things have changed and there is evidence to show.

and to let every one know i have been playing for 14 years yes 14 years and between my 2 avatars i have deposited in the region of £50k to £60k and have nothing to show for it. Absolutely nothing.

In 14 years not to get 1 decent item or a big one that could change your set up in game clearly goes to show there is no such thing as every one has the same chance and opportunity is the same for every one. Its not. ITS A LIE

This is one big fraud with a false dream being advertised and the only thing that is saving it from being a casino and gambling is the fact you get something back at every bet.

Good bye for now MA

last but not least thank you Tekkie.

Last edited:
Back