PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 30 ... LastLast
    Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Madmartigan Maxell Maximus
    Society
    Team Fire Forge
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Casually reading pcf posts, but had to comment. So what you're saying is that it is stupid to hunt Atrox unless a player has at least 12000 ped on their card. Even more ped I'd assume if hunting provider size+

Now lets consider that most of the mobs, that offer any decent entertainment value are bigger than Atrox. What your basically saying is; a player would need well over thousand dollars of bank roll to play effectively for one ped cost to kill. Multiply that up for 2 ped cost to kill or even 5 ped cost to kill.

Then this "non gambling" game is looking unrealistic under those conditions.

But it gets worse, assuming you are correct, because it suggests a player could by 10k ped down and still be waiting for the big hof Now there's going to be a trust issue there. That's just hunting 1 ped cost to kill mobs.

That is not the game I played in 2006 or even 2010.

Rick
    Well said. It was (the game back then) purely amazing.. and now dynamically different.
    Last edited by Madmartigan; 01-16-2020 at 20:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    I'm interested in how you track your runs, can you please give us some details? Like... do you convert your shrapnel mid hunt several times? I think you should stream your runs.

Normally I would say 50-60% is possible only if you convert shrapnel many times, or, you hunt less than 50 mobs or smth like that.... because the return without multipliers is 66-75%.. I am very curious how you get 50%

Med term it's not possible to get such poor returns... and yes, it would be robbery
    Many people don't seem to understand there is actually a triple randomness to this...

Randomness 1: hits, crits, evasions... Most people hunts mobs that they use 10-15 shots to kill which equates to 6-18 shoots on the extreme ends.

Randomness 2: Mob Maturity... If you are hunting in an area where young to Guardian can spawn, out of every 100 mobs you are probably killing 60 young, 20 mature, 8 old, 5 provider and 2 guardians

Randomness 3: Mob Multiplier... this can be anywhere from .25 to 20,000x...

What does this all mean? Luck plays an even bigger factor than most people stop and consider...

Let's say I get that oh so sought after 20k multiplier on a young mob that i happen to crit 5 times while killing... so 7 shots at .13292 ped per shot means an 18,608 HOF! Pretty great right? But what if my "luck" was the other way and I had no crits and the mob evaded me 4 or 5 times and it took me 18 shots to kills this same mob? Suddenly that HOF jumps to 47,851.......

It works the other way too... you might run across that Mulman Looter Elite and decide to pump 50 or so ped into killing it and get that ever present 25% return so here's 12.57 ped for all your effort...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Suza View Post
    Many people don't seem to understand there is actually a triple randomness to this...

Randomness 1: hits, crits, evasions... Most people hunts mobs that they use 10-15 shots to kill which equates to 6-18 shoots on the extreme ends.

Randomness 2: Mob Maturity... If you are hunting in an area where young to Guardian can spawn, out of every 100 mobs you are probably killing 60 young, 20 mature, 8 old, 5 provider and 2 guardians

What does this all mean? Luck plays an even bigger factor than most people stop and consider...

Let's say I get that oh so sought after 20k multiplier on a young mob that i happen to crit 5 times while killing... so 7 shots at .13292 ped per shot means an 18,608 HOF! Pretty great right? But what if my "luck" was the other way and I had no crits and the mob evaded me 4 or 5 times and it took me 18 shots to kills this same mob? Suddenly that HOF jumps to 47,851.......

It works the other way too... you might run across that Mulman Looter Elite and decide to pump 50 or so ped into killing it and get that ever present 25% return so here's 12.57 ped for all your effort...
    Long term the luck evens out (see smilgs hunting log, the system keeps him at 96-98% post loot 2.0) and small factors like crits and evades on the multi mob become almost irrelevant because on some multis you will have bad luck and hit crits and no evades but on others you will be on the other side.

This should not be something of concern though, this you cannot control. What you can control however, it's the efficiency of the setup, your skills, MU, consistency... these should be one's concern imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Suza View Post

If you have a lot of non damage attacks then you haven't done your math.
    When you figure out what to use against a target non damage attacks will be a minimum.

Long term the luck evens out
    long term may be in 100 years and 100 millions kills from now. So this whole long term isn't really comforting...
    Also, what matters is how the returns are between now and the "long term" & the worst case return during a run... is it 50%, 70%, 90% or 93%... that makes a big difference to the players.
    Last edited by Alukat123; 01-19-2020 at 18:16.

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Normally I would say 50-60% is possible only if you convert shrapnel many times, or, you hunt less than 50 mobs or smth like that.... because the return without multipliers is 66-75%.. I am very curious how you get 50%
    People are killing 200-500 mobs and getting under 70% Which is of course rubbish
    Then you go back out kill another 200-500 mobs and get 80%
    Then you question why is hunting in such a horrible state and what was recently changed to bring us here?

Hunting is more volatile than mining on FOMA right now and the average returns are way way lower than what is acceptable.

I hope MA addresses this issue in the near future so this game moves in a positive direction for 2020. Which is the purpose of this thread.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 49 Resource Gatherer - 5,578 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,486 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 5,043 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Tees Maar Khan
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    maybe they are saving up to pay the big fine for the data breach they had and didn't notify anyone ?

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    People are killing 200-500 mobs and getting under 70% Which is of course rubbish
    Then you go back out kill another 200-500 mobs and get 80%
    Then you question why is hunting in such a horrible state and what was recently changed to bring us here?

Hunting is more volatile than mining on FOMA right now and the average returns are way way lower than what is acceptable.

I hope MA addresses this issue in the near future so this game moves in a positive direction for 2020. Which is the purpose of this thread.
    So typical again today.

Normally I just hunt smaller mobs since it just costs to much to hunt big.
    But I got seduced again to do a daily 3.
    Guess what, another 60% return run.

The current loot system does not allow you to hunt big if you normally just hunt smaller mobs.
    The losses you each time get on the daily 3's are NEVER compensated by your regular smaller 1~2 ped mobs.
    It just impossible to do smaller runs of bigger mobs.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    xx Priest xx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TeesMaarKhan View Post
    maybe they are saving up to pay the big fine for the data breach they had and didn't notify anyone ?
    More info please?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    xx Priest xx
    Images
    It's the perfect trap. Progression and character improvement in this game psychologically makes you think you're getting better and improving your chances, but all you're doing is upping your bet, and by then, you're hooked (at least for a little while).

And improving your chances for what? 99% TT returns... I mean, really when you think about it, it's quite funny.

The sooner you realize you cannot control anything in this game, the better. That is.... if you're playing MA's game. The only people doing okay here are the ones not playing by MA's rules (traders, etc.)

Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 30 ... LastLast