PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    global/hof, what's that? also, size of those matters... when you need like 20k HoF to get to 95% return, then a 50 PED global wouldn't do much good..
    I had a 4.9k "at the right timing" so they can be a bit bigger too.

Elite
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    K T J
    Society
    cK Coat Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joat View Post
    I had a 4.9k "at the right timing" so they can be a bit bigger too.
    Bloody shame you had to lose more to get it in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
    Bloody shame you had to lose more to get it in the first place
    I started to lose again when I changed prio when they announced that Iron (and similar) missions
    will come to an end. Before that I had quite decent loot (no need for depos) but I did a lot more
    math also when it comes to what value the target required my set up to create.
    Now I just go ont to complete missions with attribute rewards.
    I realy don't care if I lose 2% more as long as I reach those part goals I have for a depo,
    my normal depos are max 3k per month. Changes in currency can be "way more" than that
    small loss, e.g my last depo had a difference of 5.33% more PEDs compared to my second to last depo.
    I see EU as entertainment, if I lose so what? I play EU instead of partying, in EU I can at least
    remember where money went, even though sometimes I can agree it had been better with
    a memoryloss.

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    I started to lose again when I changed prio when they announced that Iron (and similar) missions
    will come to an end. Before that I had quite decent loot (no need for depos) but I did a lot more
    math also when it comes to what value the target required my set up to create.
    Now I just go ont to complete missions with attribute rewards.
    I realy don't care if I lose 2% more as long as I reach those part goals I have for a depo,
    my normal depos are max 3k per month. Changes in currency can be "way more" than that
    small loss, e.g my last depo had a difference of 5.33% more PEDs compared to my second to last depo.
    I see EU as entertainment, if I lose so what? I play EU instead of partying, in EU I can at least
    remember where money went, even though sometimes I can agree it had been better with
    a memoryloss.
    To be honest I find 300$ per month just to go pfew pfew for days on end quite a lot of money.

I can hardly call that value for money.
    I wonder what the difference is in 30$, or 300$ or maybe 3000$ per month apart from the size of the mob you go pfew pfew on.

I really don't understand why people would just throw away such insane amounts of money.
    Is everybody that rich or what?

I could understand if you would deposit bigger amounts to invest.
    But just depo to shoot and lose?
    It baffles me.

The only thing that comes to mind when I hear this is:

As long as you have decent returns and after MU get 100%+ then it could make sense. But then again, why deposit if you're actually making money?

Ah well, I guess I'm just not MA's target audience. I hate gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    To be honest I find 300$ per month just to go pfew pfew for days on end quite a lot of money.

I wonder what the difference is in 30$, or 300$ or maybe 3000$ per month apart from the size of the mob you go pfew pfew on.

I really don't understand why people would just throw away such insane amounts of money.

It baffles me.

As long as you have decent returns and after MU get 100%+ then it could make sense. But then again, why deposit if you're actually making money?

First of all, 3k is my max, not my average. My average for normal depos for pfew pfew is
    probably around 1-1.5k.
    Second thing to remember I depo less than I used to waste on partying.
    The problem is that most people is stucked around the money aspect. If money is that important
    then log out, get a second job and make a real profit.
    For me money is just a tool to be able to get or do something. Money itself isn't the goal for me.
    Might look insane to waste money on a game where I have to stop and quit playing but for now
    its an entertainment for me, something to do when not at current job.

I lose money now since my main prio is to finish off all old missions, but if I still play when
    they are removed, I'll head back to use set ups that fits better to targets.
    On the other hand, I always save my MU (not tt value though) to buy UL stuff. I've paid approx
    6.5 parts of my angel set, adj V1, LC-300 (ca 70%) , adj-sk80, imp hedoc and other gear and items
    with this saving. So I don't use that extra for pfew pfew, but I have used it for tiering though.

The problem is that most people is stucked around the money aspect. If money is that important
    then log out, get a second job and make a real profit.
    preferbly a job at your company so you can get more profit and depo even more?
    Anyway, ofc people are stuck around the money aspect, because, i'm pretty sure about this, the vast majority of people simply can't afford to depo 1-3k a month...
    If you can only depo 10-20 bucks a month, then you need to watch your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    preferbly a job at your company so you can get more profit and depo even more?
    Anyway, ofc people are stuck around the money aspect, because, i'm pretty sure about this, the vast majority of people simply can't afford to depo 1-3k a month...
    If you can only depo 10-20 bucks a month, then you need to watch your money.
    I'm on a ordinary average job, nothing special about it.
    This is the reason why we realy can't discuss what to do or not ingame, since every person have
    their own unique situation IRL.
    For me 3k is a lot, for someone else it might be just a dream and for some it's a small amount.
    Why I can depo a bit more now is due to I have cut down almost every RL expense to a minimum,
    and I also have a quite low rent on my apartment.
    I don't have the need to go all macho ingame and always gonna try to prove something by only
    play in a big game style, I'm fine doing realy low end basic stuff too.
    Afterall, I'm a JOAT, I have to do a lot of different stuff.
    For me the game is interesting in a mechanism way also, so figure things out and also creating
    theories are also fun.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
    So even at top level you are saying 414k ped profit -$41k over - 10 years with most likely more deposit than withdrawal that it is a shining example of why the game works??? Are you deranged? It is probably playing 16 hours a day, every day to get $4k A YEAR!!! Fook that, just get a part time job at walmart and play a different game. Are you really so deluded?
    It was an example of profit long term from a much lower tt return than your ideal tt return. There are many people that did a lot better than smilgs but smilgs is public about his returns.

The game doesn't have to work. The game has to work for you! If it doesn't, do something else with you time! Find something you enjoy, find something before you turn into alukat.

If money is your top priority, go find a job. If you want to play and profit some, try to see what others are doing right or how they do it, because if you ask for more money from the system while there are many miners, crafters and hunters that are doing ok, well, this game might not be suited for you.

@Xen - when I sold my gleamer in 2018 I was at a steady 96-97%; switching to lp70 put me at 93% for quite a while and it scared me but things got better. My luck was that it was during FEN and I was making much more from MU, otherwise maybe I would have gotten a break myself... Maybe you are experiencing a similar period too, maybe op author too

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    For fun as I test some higher efficiency and set-ups to try and figure out what is wrong with the loot system. I decided to grab myself an Armatrix SB-60

2403 Ped In
    1876 Ped Out

78%

Which seems to be my typical runs right around the 77-82% lately. Yea my skills, gear and knowledge is doing wonders and this is where I completely stop all test and say I'm out till MA fixes their loot. This is on them! The players are just tired and will do something else.

I can harvest, mine and cross skill or just go to the gym more instead of wasting money. I will enjoy other aspects of the game that is either free or obviously more fun then watching my money burn.

Anyone should be able to get the accepted and expected 95-98% returns will way less looter and gear. Again these are averages for the player base, you shouldn't need FEN items to attain these numbers. They are expected without that gear.

Realistically though the system needs changes to get most Avatars near 98-99% TT long term. So I hope this thread changes things as it only benefits the game and everyone.

Players should be not only doing far better than this but they should also be winning. That is what stimulates growth in this game and it's economy. Withdraws is vital to this games success. It's a win/win for MA. However the deposit every couple days business model and these types of returns will only drive away their loyal depositors. This isn't even close to fun and again I wish you luck out there.

Edit- I would like to add that I hope MA realizes my intentions are in the best interest of the game. Why wouldn't I want this game to grow and for my friends and the players to have a game to call home and have fun. It's time to work on a few things and I hope we get a VU coming up to do it.

Abomb
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-12-2020 at 14:16.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,908 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post

It baffles me.

It all has to do with the size of your disposable income. Someone washing dishes as a job is going to have a different salary in real life than a mechanic, who is going to have a different salary than a Doctor or Lawyer. I suspect some of the highest depositors in games enjoy their jobs directing airplanes from the air traffic control towers they work in.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 22 ... LastLast