PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 24 ... LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Funny. I just sent a support case asking for my last 3 month figures and they told me to go folke myself.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    XXX ViP WARP
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny. I just sent a support case asking for my last 3 month figures and they told me to go folke myself.
    Well at least we can now be 100% sure yur not sleeping with MA!! =p
    ✘✘✘ ViPô₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/YG5H4Md

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    XXX ViP WARP
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mspatterson View Post
    the main problem and I experience it myself is that most people work or have families etc and cant hunt/craft etc 24hours a day. I just want for a fairly eff hunt on baby argos by twin peaks for an hour to do rank8 start to finnish.. 250ped ammo used to put it in perspective. all said and done.. down 105ped in 1 hours grinding small mobs. do I have to hunt for the rest of the evening to get back to 95%? or hope for better tomorrow?
    Adding to my previous comment...

The problem with the current system and majority of players with active money making lifestyles is they cannot play 24hrs a day and must log out and goto bed most nights with that knot in theyre stomach after a hunt like that asking themselves why they keep playing on a regular basis.

The solution? I have no idea lol. If they were to do 95% return all the time period no matter what you did I think that would eliminate the possibility of globals n hofs etc.

Maybe these are questions MA should be asking the community but to be honest I think that's a move theyre already making with the high eff/dpp gear. You can play super high eff and basically get 95% all the time or normal gear and roll the dice with greater volatility. If they were more open with us on this concept so we better understood our choices it may make things easier on us and them!
    ✘✘✘ ViPô₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/YG5H4Md

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    yes, same here.

They were to ashamed to to give the figures because they are just to ridiculous.

Mike KingMike007 Hussey
    Society
    AoC 2.0
    Images
    LOL Stop sending them support tickets for return summary do it yourself, they only have limited worker if you keep them busy asking for returns people who have submitted ticket for critical issue will take more time and people already complain about late to no response on thier tickets

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    No, it's normal efficiency. Efficiency with which I got 95-96% tt return over 100's of thousands of peds cycled previous to recently.

91% should only happen with shit like Swine Deluxe.

Something is wrong and the game is fucked up and I'm fed up with it.
    swine deluxe does a lot better than 91%, there is very little diff between 81% eff fen and 7.8% eff swine deluxe returns....given time. lol I love how people confuse these new numbers. its one of the better guns out there tbh, and why i got it so cheap lately )

This is the problem with MA coming up with arbitrary efficiency numbers at the top of every item for people to go by.

In reality 2.0 is specifically guns like swine deluxe, and other low eff items (like the ones abomb uses) they are compensating for.

Decay has and always will be a prime factor in loot. When you generate it, you lose it, but also increase the base loot you get back, so when you finally hit a modifier...they break the bank.

The only thing abomb needs to do is find these modifiers, and find them on mobs that aren't oro and werewolf. By now you can easily take more challenging mobs that give more overall challenge to your avatar and setup for more optimal gain, especially if you want intuition any time soon.

Einstein once said "“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

Until you swap mobs or change up the scenery....you are having a fit of insanity.

Pay attn to the mob stats, some ratios are important, and we grow out of ranges....
    Last edited by forgo; 01-14-2020 at 09:42.

Check out Forgo on YouTube!
    Great Grand Master Pyro L120+
    Celeste Harbor booth #3 on Arkadia - damage and mining depth 1-10 + more!
    The Zombie Arms on Rocktropia
    next to the Steampunks near the tangerine TP Everything you need 500+ items!
    EL profile - 1.75+ million in hunting 600k+ skills

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I will say after thinking a little bit that this might showcase something critical to avoid when grinding in this game and why.

A long time ago someone posted some formula for max loot, I cannot find it now but I distinctly remember it being a dev or former dev trying to break the basic formula down.

Simplified.. max loot = stamina x 320 (maybe 360 I forgot)

The actual formula stated max loot was = to stamina x (6-7 variables ) The variables they did not go into much detail on but were %'s or modifiers of some other game variable.

Whatever they are isn't too important as much as it considered multiple things, stamina being the primary factor when considering the loot.

Mobs stamina to hp ratio never changes. The hps are static based on the stamina, and the max loot is based off that.

Now consider this.
    You the player started with a hp to stamina ratio as well. But this always changes, it has....entropy. Unless you get more stamina.

You are essentially suffering the consequence of grinding yourself into a hole literally by killing the same mobs over and over gaining more hps over stamina while theirs stays the same.

I don't not know for certain this is whats going on, but I have had this assumption since I saw that formula, and while I have great loot returns on average, I also have 33 stamina to 330 health . And I seriously wonder if stamina is so critical on mob loot, if this isn't why stamina is so hard to get on players.

This is also a big reason I despise codex because I think most people (except perhaps ma) do not realize that attribute gain and its subsequent affects are a primary way to equalize the return over time, on a growing skillset.

17 repeatables on oro though could have picked up a few points of stam on other missions, is the biggest shame I see. Especially when we have only a year or two to get any more via missions before codex kills that off.

I cant attest 100% to the skill gain factor of stamina or other attributes mixed in with a fen item, but the more I get the faster I skill, which is more peds back when sold, and I cant sell enough fast enough to hit net loss of skill.

And skills....are the biggest thing everyone is missing when considering their returns.
    Last edited by forgo; 01-14-2020 at 12:35.

Check out Forgo on YouTube!
    Great Grand Master Pyro L120+
    Celeste Harbor booth #3 on Arkadia - damage and mining depth 1-10 + more!
    The Zombie Arms on Rocktropia
    next to the Steampunks near the tangerine TP Everything you need 500+ items!
    EL profile - 1.75+ million in hunting 600k+ skills

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by forgo View Post
    I will say after thinking a little bit that this might showcase something critical to avoid when grinding in this game and why.

A long time ago someone posted some formula for max loot, I cannot find it now but I distinctly remember it being a dev or former dev trying to break the basic formula down.

Simplified.. max loot = stamina x 320 (maybe 360 I forgot)

The actual formula stated max loot was = to stamina x (6-7 variables ) The variables they did not go into much detail on but were %'s or modifiers of some other game variable.

Whatever they are isn't too important as much as it considered multiple things, stamina being the primary factor when considering the loot.

Mobs stamina to hp ratio never changes. The hps are static based on the stamina, and the max loot is based off that.

Now consider this.
    You the player started with a hp to stamina ratio as well. But this always changes, it has....entropy. Unless you get more stamina.

You are essentially suffering the consequence of grinding yourself into a hole literally by killing the same mobs over and over gaining more hps over stamina while theirs stays the same.

I don't not know for certain this is whats going on, but I have had this assumption since I saw that formula, and while I have great loot returns on average, I also have 33 stamina to 330 health . And I seriously wonder if stamina is so critical on mob loot, if this isn't why stamina is so hard to get on players.

This is also a big reason I despise codex because I think most people (except perhaps ma) do not realize that attribute gain and its subsequent affects are a primary way to equalize the return over time, on a growing skillset.

17 repeatables on oro though could have picked up a few points of stam on other missions, is the biggest shame I see. Especially when we have only a year or two to get any more via missions before codex kills that off.

I cant attest 100% to the skill gain factor of stamina or other attributes mixed in with a fen item, but the more I get the faster I skill, which is more peds back when sold, and I cant sell enough fast enough to hit net loss
    Perhaps you might be onto something and some interesting post. Yea I just got stamina hungry at the end of last year and the Oro and other mobs on Ark I grinded were just building skills on my Avatar early. Now I only do stamina missions or attributes since the introduction of the Codex ( the old missions system is better )

I have spent some time on Spiders, Atrox, Rex, Huon, Pop Dragons, Motorhead and those types of mobs but of course no multiplier for me anywhere across the Universe. Just my bank breaking. I am finishing stage 4 Mang Chang only 450 or so left but had to stop as I have never had a HOF on this mob. Just loss of 1,000s of ped.

So a break from hunting it is as I just don't want to deposit anymore in this model. Shame really because financially I am doing better in IRL and have time to play. So I have income to play with but MA took too much from my last paycheck so its a full stop for me. Which is why I address the system we are in. If MA was smart and the returns were better I have a great pay check on the way. However the current system takes to much so why would I deposit with the way things have been the last 3 months?

I probably will finish some cheap stamina missions and if MA seems to start giving me some PED back I might consider depositing again but not until MA actually gives me some loot. I don't like throwing money away and never deposit in this game with the intentions of losing it.

So for now I'll just mostly harvest and finish a few small stam missions and perhaps play some other games. I just don't have any faith to hunt or to deposit to hunt when I know the return might never come. It's a depressing adventure and life is about having fun. This game just isn't much fun the way it is for many players and that saddens me because I think we are here because there is potential for this game to be great one day. (or great like it used to be )

Not gonna be bitter about any money spent because I had fun in the past. It's just the fun is a fleeting memory of the past. I don't see any fun in the future until something changes for the players. Where I can deposit with confidence that I will get what is expected.

I can lose 2 ped an hour on Trees which is relaxing and better than 200 ped an hour on Spiders, Atrox, Levi etc....
    Time will tell and I do wish everyone luck. Thanks for your feedback.

Sidenote only 16 stamina and 17 should be on the way. Doesn't seem to help but it looks pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by forgo View Post
    And skills....are the biggest thing everyone is missing when considering their returns.
    Yea I have a lot of skills but I will never chip out as that goes against the progression aspect of an MMORPG. So no skills aren't part of return for me but a requirement of the core concept of the game. I would only chip out if I planned to quit forever. So skills are not part of a return and shouldn't be in my eyes.

The only time I ever chipped out was space craft pilot to invest but that is something I wouldn't do again. (even though I made money) If I need to chip out to get the returns I need then there is no point in playing.

I think this is up to MA to restore the faith in the players. Happy players deposit. I think MA can come up with a much better and transparent system that makes players happy to invest their money in this game. Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-14-2020 at 13:09.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,920 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

i heard the max loot is ur agility * ur psyche * ur strength / ur highest combat prof standing.

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GxB View Post
    i heard the max loot is ur agility * ur psyche * ur strength / ur highest combat prof standing.
    I enjoyed this comment thanks At least we have fun on the forums
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,920 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 24 ... LastLast