PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 29 ... LastLast
    Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the bad TT-return runs doesn't suck as hard anymore, then top gear will become very cheap?

Care to explain how higher min-return is going to lower the MU of top gear?

I wasn't really talking about TT return per say, just about how expensive the game is in general as you reach for higher levels. I don't think you'll find anybody at any level that wouldn't enjoy better TT returns.

But, to make an attempt at your questions, one might argue that if the overall TT returns were much higher and more people were able to bridge the MU gap with lesser gear, then the market for the most effective gear would likely drop a bit, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    But, to make an attempt at your questions, one might argue that if the overall TT returns were much higher and more people were able to bridge the MU gap with lesser gear, then the market for the most effective gear would likely drop a bit, yes?
    No. As long as it still has higher DPS/DPP than everything else it will still have high value. With generally better returns the MU of the best gear may even increase a bit, because it comes into reach for more people.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Pitivier Baguette Aden
    Society
    ATL
    try mining, you'll get 81%

did some hunting run and nothing changed for me, still around the 96%+ return ( for now ! )

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    That's not a problem that's simply properly bankroll management. The deficit has a limit to how much it can take from you. Once you learn the deficit amount and reach it, you can carry on hunting as it won't take much more from you and eventually should even out through kick backs. I have had bad looting streaks upwards of 2500 kills. How much do Atrox cost to kill again? Oh yeah 1 PED, times that by 3000, potentially -3000 can happen from the start. So you need about 9000 to 12000 ped to hunt atrox efficiently without going broke in a week of cycling 3000 peds. That's not robbery but ignorance.
    Casually reading pcf posts, but had to comment. So what you're saying is that it is stupid to hunt Atrox unless a player has at least 12000 ped on their card. Even more ped I'd assume if hunting provider size+

Now lets consider that most of the mobs, that offer any decent entertainment value are bigger than Atrox. What your basically saying is; a player would need well over thousand dollars of bank roll to play effectively for one ped cost to kill. Multiply that up for 2 ped cost to kill or even 5 ped cost to kill.

Then this "non gambling" game is looking unrealistic under those conditions.

But it gets worse, assuming you are correct, because it suggests a player could by 10k ped down and still be waiting for the big hof Now there's going to be a trust issue there. That's just hunting 1 ped cost to kill mobs.

That is not the game I played in 2006 or even 2010.

Rick
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Deathplace of Bausch & Lomb, Kodak, Xerox
    Hellbound Happy Heathcliff
    Society
    Spectra
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    That's not a problem that's simply properly bankroll management. The deficit has a limit to how much it can take from you. Once you learn the deficit amount and reach it, you can carry on hunting as it won't take much more from you and eventually should even out through kick backs. I have had bad looting streaks upwards of 2500 kills. How much do Atrox cost to kill again? Oh yeah 1 PED, times that by 3000, potentially -3000 can happen from the start. So you need about 9000 to 12000 ped to hunt atrox efficiently without going broke in a week of cycling 3000 peds. That's not robbery but ignorance.
    Where do we find a guide for various mob deficit values?
    HHH Says: If you're not having fun, then you're doing it wrong!

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post
    Casually reading pcf posts, but had to comment. So what you're saying is that it is stupid to hunt Atrox unless a player has at least 12000 ped on their card. Even more ped I'd assume if hunting provider size+

Now lets consider that most of the mobs, that offer any decent entertainment value are bigger than Atrox. What your basically saying is; a player would need well over thousand dollars of bank roll to play effectively for one ped cost to kill. Multiply that up for 2 ped cost to kill or even 5 ped cost to kill.

"It is stupid to hunt Atrox unless the player doesn't give a shit about money." - FTFY

"Decent entertainment value" is completely relative and subjective. You ever taken a reload pill and one-shotted like 200 Arrets without looting them then taken a loot pill and watch your screen go nuts? IDK man, it's pretty cheap and highly entertaining imo... but tbf I'm easily amused.

Offtopic, but why do people who rage quit still troll the forums?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Tomi jupiajo Digital
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SSN View Post
    try mining, you'll get 81%

did some hunting run and nothing changed for me, still around the 96%+ return ( for now ! )
    I swear loot server is in panic mode, after cutting to 90% caused decline, now it compensate by giving 80%. I had one x30 in last 3000 drops. Haven't seen that in years, maybe never. But it's just funny at this point as I do sparse test runs. Bad Sweden, no bunga-bunga today!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post

Then this "non gambling" game is looking unrealistic under those conditions.

But it gets worse, assuming you are correct, because it suggests a player could by 10k ped down and still be waiting for the big hof Now there's going to be a trust issue there. That's just hunting 1 ped cost to kill mobs.

That is not the game I played in 2006 or even 2010.

Rick
    Anyone recall an avatar called Faye Ranpha? I used to talk to him quite a bit. Whilst he was grinding Atrox quest, he told me he had lost around 8000+ ped and was quite upset, angry and surprised as he was using an eco setup Isis LR32 Imp + A105. He was ready to quit the game, shortly after he hit a 10K Atrox provider, sometime after that he needed funds IRL and cashed out, never to be heard of again. So yes that is exactly what I am saying, I have seen it happen so many times, big losses before encountering a big style hof. I know OZ #19 on the ATH hunting list, had lost upwards of 40000+ PED before scoring that massive ATH loot, obviously got lucky , mobs need bankroll or you'll burn. I recall Jay Juniper had lost a lot of ped somewhere around 15-18K? Looted 25k Sumi. Afterwards changed to being a colourer/ texturer. Sometime after that, never to be seen again.

Mark Rufen Power: "Profitable hunting with 100% returns? Possible, want to know how? Learn How To Survive & Profit"

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stare View Post
    Where do we find a guide for various mob deficit values?
    If one existed, I would be profiting all day long. It's for you to find out and figure it out. Get the data !

I started one on my thread How To Survive 2, you can see it if you like, will be updating it as I go along.

Mark Rufen Power: "Profitable hunting with 100% returns? Possible, want to know how? Learn How To Survive & Profit"

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Livius Beyond Godlike
    Society
    Skyfall
    Images
    "Most of the current complaints we see come from accounts that are within the expected range, we can also state that your returns match the expectations and examples we set in the Dev Notes."

so losing 10k+ Ped / month is OK , the expectations are good but it can be also better than this.

MA this is BULLSHIT !

Edit : since October (November was less active ) my average TT return is under 70% ,the only thing I managed to recover in proportion of 90% is the MU i paid on L guns.
    "Most of the current complaints we see come from accounts that are within the expected range, we can also state that your returns match the expectations and examples we set in the Dev Notes."
    -144834.90PED since Account Created 2010-12-15
    https://www.twitch.tv/liviuspk

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 29 ... LastLast