PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 36 ... LastLast
    ILBE DCINSIDE MASTER
    Society
    WTT [Arkadia Moon Deed] to toilet paper

subscribed

want to see how this conversation ends. gl

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He says he doesn't see 3 consecutive profit runs. You know why he's not seeing? Coz we're in loot 2.0 and those are not possible.
    This is an obvious problem, Okay lets fix this then because you most definitely can have 3 or even 30 negative runs in a row If that is true in order to meet these expected returns you must also be able to have streaks of positive consecutive runs. Evey you contradict yourself constantly.

Obviously he wasn't claiming he had 60% return just the cost of hunting has increased recently. (which it has) Loot is down overall, it's flat, whatever you want to call it. That is why these recent threads exist because we noticed. Now we are reporting it and you are like....nuh uh... ROFL
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-24-2020 at 16:44.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 49 Resource Gatherer - 5,574 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,480 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 5,035 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    I was doing not bad in 1.0
    That's why I started asking to bring back 1.0 about 1 week after 2.0 has been introduced.

And I still ask for it.. MA bring back 1.0 !
    Herein lies the problem, you seem unwilling to adapt and think outside of the box in a highly competitive and constantly changing system. MA isn't going to revert everything back. Either learn to improve or don't and be miserable, nobody can force you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This is an obvious problem, Okay lets fix this then because you most definitely can have 3 or even 30 negative runs in a row If that is true in order to meet these expected returns you must also be able to have streaks of positive consecutive runs. Evey you contradict yourself constantly.
    A big problem with these discussions is that there is no clear or consistent definition of a "run". Anyone can make a run any duration of time or peds or kills that they like. I can create a positive run simply by hunting a few mobs until I get a bonus or mult that puts me in the black and then stopping. I can stop at some other point in a downswing and have a negative run. I don't think there's any value in measuring things in terms of an arbitrary quantity that anyone can redefine to suit their argument.

If you insist there is an actual defect in the game, we need to see some clear evidence of such, not just "people can have lots of bad runs".

If the assertion is simply that the game is too expensive, that's not really a defect or bug, so we have to approach it differently. No sane person would argue against getting better returns or lowering the cost to play. What we are trying to figure out is whether the people claiming the abnormally low returns are due to mistakes they are making or an actual problem with the game. Until said people provide clear data about the situation we really won't be able to make an accurate assessment.

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    If the assertion is simply that the game is too expensive, that's not really a defect or bug, so we have to approach it differently. No sane person would argue against getting better returns or lowering the cost to play. What we are trying to figure out is whether the people claiming the abnormally low returns are due to mistakes they are making or an actual problem with the game. Until said people provide clear data about the situation we really won't be able to make an accurate assessment.
    I think we can stop worrying at this point because Mindark has this data without further ado. They will notice when there is a swelling in complaints and can apply amends as they see fit if they find their business endangered. For us to obtain this data painstakingly only to make an assessment which is not our job just doesn't make any sense and is a waste of energy.

The tracking tool mentioned above is for everybody's personal use and is meant to help ascertain if there truly is a reason to worry or not. Our feelings tend to betray us and I've been surprised both ways already by applying it as described (meaning some runs turned out pretty bad despite I got elated by globals, as well as the other way around). Some people just can't get over their psychological inhibitions against being proven wrong, not even at the chance of a positive surprise. This is not something we here can fix.

Edit: Forgot I've been meaning to help this important item get through with special emphasis (you must spread some...):
    A big problem with these discussions is that there is no clear or consistent definition of a "run". Anyone can make a run any duration of time or peds or kills that they like. I can create a positive run simply by hunting a few mobs until I get a bonus or mult that puts me in the black and then stopping. I can stop at some other point in a downswing and have a negative run. I don't think there's any value in measuring things in terms of an arbitrary quantity that anyone can redefine to suit their argument.
    The application notes for said tool above take care of exactly that.
    Last edited by San; 01-24-2020 at 18:15.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Herein lies the problem, you seem unwilling to adapt and think outside of the box in a highly competitive and constantly changing system..
    Again the famous "EU is dynamic" & "you have to adapt"..

Adapting to something without questioning its legitimacy or fairness is stupid.

It's called fatalism.
    It leads to the acceptance of the unacceptable.

highly competitive
    What are you talking about ?

The only competitive side of EU is in the amount of money you are able to deposit.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Again the famous "EU is dynamic" & "you have to adapt"..
    It is indeed humorous. The humorous part being that the players doing well keep saying it and the ones complaining keep laughing it away or calling it stupid.

The only competitive side of EU is in the amount of money you are able to deposit.
    If you believe this, then I've just found issue #2 of why you are doing poorly.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Pitivier Baguette Aden
    Society
    ATL
    Some post ago i said i have around 97% return, but didnt do a compilation. So it is BS.
    Not big turnover for hunting but there it is

November 2019 : 93.09%
    December 2018 : 91.11%
    Jenuary 2020 : need to calc, will update. But this is similar.

Main setup : 65.5% eff, 63.2% eff, 71.9% eff.

Have the conclusion you want with those result.

The reason i did not buy this perfected gun is i don't care to get 2% more TT return, not gonna change much things.
    I still play, maybe i "store" something big. Just like my mining tower that wait me

And so i have some cheap steam game to play. 8 hours a day grind this week, it is a bit boring.

It is indeed humorous. The humorous part being that the players doing well keep saying it and the ones complaining keep laughing it away or calling it stupid.
    Happy for you that you are doing so well ingame then..

If you believe this, then I've just found issue #2 of why you are doing poorly.
    Then why not answer to the question ?

When you fully understand something, it should be very easy to explain, so we are waiting for your explanation.

Also instead of keep repeating the same "you have to adapt" that in fact is meaningless, just explain what it concretely means, for us dumb people..

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Happy for you that you are doing so well ingame then..
    As I explained previously, I am not profiting, but my returns are decent and I'm sustaining myself just fine within my budget - and most importantly I am enjoying the game rather than complaining about it. I consider that doing well, though certainly others might have a different opinion. We all have different goals.

Then why not answer to the question ?
    There was no question, you stated that the only competitive part in EU was within players' wallets, which is false.

When you fully understand something, it should be very easy to explain, so we are waiting for your explanation.

Also instead of keep repeating the same "you have to adapt" that in fact is meaningless, just explain what it concretely means, for us dumb people..

Even if I were accepting disciples, you wouldn't meet the requirements since requirement #1 would be an open mind and willingness to change.

The humorous part being that the players doing well keep saying it and the ones complaining keep laughing it away or calling it stupid.
    So if i win the lottery tomorrow and you don't, then it's just because i did adapt better than you did?
    Ok Boomer.

Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 36 ... LastLast