PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 20 ... LastLast
    Elite
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    K T J
    Society
    cK Coat Killers
    Images
    Just to put it in perspective, take a look at this average level example:

Weapon: ArMatrix SB-45 (L)
    Cost to buy: 112 PED including MU
    Uses: 9665
    Ammo per use: 1212
    Total cost to fully use weapon Decay + Ammo: 1283 PED
    Time to fully use: 3 hours to include breaks between uses
    Cost per hour: 428PED
    Loss per hour @ 90% = 42PED
    Loss per hour @ 95% = 21PED
    Loss per hour @ 99% = 4.3PED

Play 5 hours a day for 30 days = 150 hours
    Monthly loss at 99% return = 150x4.3 = 645PED - $65 per month
    Monthly loss at 95% return = 150x21 = 3150PED - $315 per month (apparently 95% is acceptable?????)

Above example is only weapon, armour and healing is additional. Also, its a very modest weapon and throughput.

So, the next time I hear somebody say 95% return is ok I will be wishing you horrific loss in future - as it appears to be what you want?

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Believe it or not there's plenty of people who are happy with how the game works, we are just not that loud. I hope things get better for all of you.

These threads always get super depressing

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Deathplace of Bausch & Lomb, Kodak, Xerox
    Hellbound Happy Heathcliff
    Society
    Spectra
    Images
    Everything boils down to the Black Box Formula.

Nobody knows what is in it. MA can change it on a daily basis if they so choose. They will not tell anyone if or what was changed.

How many Black Box Formulas are there? At least 3 I would think: Hunting, Mining, Crafting

I remember early on in my EU experience, new players were asking an MA official in local chat about loot being taken from other mobs to make up for migration loot. The answer was that not all mobs are affected. So do different mob categories have their own Black Box Formula? This can be extended to crafting and mining as well if you want.

There stock response to poor loot issues is to gain knowledge of the universe. How are we suppose to gain knowledge if they won't tell us what we need to know? We have to spend hours/days/weeks in the damn forums instead of the game trying to glean information from what other players are willing to share.

The ONLY point of keeping it secret is so that they can change it at will, without informing anyone they do so.
    HHH Says: If you're not having fun, then you're doing it wrong!

Guardian
    Justine Justine Titine
    Society
    Cyreans Elite
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just to put it in perspective, take a look at this average level example:

Weapon: ArMatrix SB-45 (L)
    Cost to buy: 112 PED including MU
    Uses: 9665
    Ammo per use: 1212
    Total cost to fully use weapon Decay + Ammo: 1283 PED
    Time to fully use: 3 hours to include breaks between uses
    Cost per hour: 428PED
    Loss per hour @ 90% = 42PED
    Loss per hour @ 95% = 21PED
    Loss per hour @ 99% = 4.3PED

Play 5 hours a day for 30 days = 150 hours
    Monthly loss at 99% return = 150x4.3 = 645PED - $65 per month
    Monthly loss at 95% return = 150x21 = 3150PED - $315 per month (apparently 95% is acceptable?????)

Above example is only weapon, armour and healing is additional. Also, its a very modest weapon and throughput.

So, the next time I hear somebody say 95% return is ok I will be wishing you horrific loss in future - as it appears to be what you want?
    Your example is false.
    If you include Markup on the weapon (cost to buy), don' t forget to include markup from loot.
    95% TT return, if you loot 100% shrapnel (it never happen) you'll have 95+1% TT return = 96% at the end.

So, you can find 1% ou 2% more markup here or there and you'll be close to 98% TT return with a weapon L with MU and not a high efficiency. That's not so bad.

As i see, many players are wrong on their maths. Many just want shoot, TT loot and shoot again...

Yes, 91% TT return after 3 month runs and a decent quantity of ped spent is not normal.

Yes, high efficiency weapon work (i used LP 70 FEN Edition 92% eff, spent 87kped on young tide claw 250hp and weak paneleon 80hp during my holidays [16th december to 2th January]).
    I lost ~1800ped (97.9% TT return)

Now if i count MU :
    Significative markup i saved :
    2948 Christmas strongbox
    777 Bone in meat = 100.95ped TT value x ~1000% - auction fee = ~900ped net
    1268 cracked shell = 76.08 ped TT value x ~166% - auction fee = ~40 ped net

We all know the rules now.
    High efficiency give better loot return (for me,up to ~2% against a weapon with 65% efficiency).
    High DPP give better loot composition. I loot alot more Bone in meat than many players i spoke.
    Knowledge work, i hunt for markup and i try to choose the best mob for the best %.

About looter skill. i don't know, i didn't noticed a big change since they introduced that skill. I'm level 51 animal looter.

My feedback is : system work like MA announced it.

What to improve ?
    The volatility on big HP mob. This is not sustainable for any players who can't spend 10hr every days in hunt. This is not fair for any casual players and that kill the fun for players who want play for fun on big mobs.
    I feel like i'm condamned to kill low HP mobs if i want survive.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    K T J
    Society
    cK Coat Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Justine View Post
    Your example is false.
    If you include Markup on the weapon (cost to buy), don' t forget to include markup from loot.
    95% TT return, if you loot 100% shrapnel (it never happen) you'll have 95+1% TT return = 96% at the end.

So, you can find 1% ou 2% more markup here or there and you'll be close to 98% TT return with a weapon L with MU and not a high efficiency. That's not so bad.
    I get your point about including the MU on the weapon... but in the example I didn't include cost against armour or heal or anything else - the outlook was actually still very optimistic.

MU is a myth that needs busting - I know it's a comfort blanket to many out there but the benefit as a whole across the playerbase is actually a negative - an additional cost.

Firstly - low-mid range playing there is a very small portion of loot that is worth selling other than to tt
    Secondly - every pec extra that you claw back in MU has cost another player the same amount
    Thirdly - MA takes a cut of the sale from the playerbase - result is less money in the playerbase

All MU provides is that the top level band of players lose slightly less than horrific costs in the game whilst everybody else that is supporting this by buying MU items is paying MORE than horrific costs in the game. Obscene costs lets be honest!

To further compound this you have varience - at times you are looting far less than x% and require massive bankroll and hope it passes.

This game, if it ever wants to grow beyond fleasing a few wealthy players over years or destroying any new player immediately needs to provide more realistic returns in the region of 99-99.5%.

Or...

Move the decimal point 1 digit left on everything. Preferably both!
    Last edited by Tekkie; 01-11-2020 at 18:15.

This game, if it ever wants to grow beyond fleasing a few wealthy players over years or destroying any new player immediately needs to provide more realistic returns in the region of 99-99.5%.
    Yep, and they need to drastically up the short term returns... i just did a 100 PED depo to see if i finally get some back (the past 1000+ clicks have been quite terrible) and after 20 minutes of playing there were only 60 PED of those 100 PED left...

i guess i go back to spending my money on other way cheaper MMOs.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    K T J
    Society
    cK Coat Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    Yep, and they need to drastically up the short term returns... i just did a 100 PED depo to see if i finally get some back (the past 1000+ clicks have been quite terrible) and after 20 minutes of playing there were only 60 PED of those 100 PED left...

i guess i go back to spending my money on other way cheaper MMOs.
    Thats only $12 per hour loss .... thats a months play on a lot of subscription MMO's

This is the problem MA have - its a small scale money pit

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    I just think, that the dynamic factor is too dynamic.
    It feels more and more like a big looser game. Where is the fun to be a big looser?
    Every thing i do in last weeks end up in loosing peds, especial when I cicle a lot peds, in the hope a multiplier will save the losses.

Time to find an other game, any ideas about?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    MU is a myth that needs busting

So if we get rid of MU... why else play the game? For the HOFs? I think you can find plenty of slots machines nowadays if that's what you're looking for.

Or, you can follow this dude's example here (skill up, gear up), that keeps the biggest hunting log, something like over 28 million PED tracked day by day. In this chunk of PED he managed 97.66% TT return, and after MU he's at 101.47% which makes him 414849 PED profit, according to his logs. What makes him (and others) successful in this game is the nerve to go through bad periods too.

No MU in EU? Can you imagine what would this do to crafting? Everyone and some hunters would jump on explo, at 99.5% because crafting mining amps and hunting tools is not easy, you have a lot of work to do. No MU would mean 0 crafting (of these tools) incentive. No incentive to mine, no incentive to play

99 - 99.5 gamblers paradise, not sure if the game would die, but it would certainly change a lot its playerbase

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    K T J
    Society
    cK Coat Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    I just think, that the dynamic factor is too dynamic.
    There is nothing dynamic when all but a few lose, a more acurate description would be variation between screwed or slightly less screwed... but either way you are screwed

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 20 ... LastLast