PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Hiro Protagonist
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Taldur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sample size. 5k is nothing.
    Did u do a power test to determine this?

Lots of science is done with a very small sample size with a 95% confidence interval.

Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    Lets be a little more transparent and address the elephant in the room. I love this game immensely so it bothers me when stuff like this happens to the community.
    Yup. I like to know what sort of risk/reward structure I am facing. Whenever I get the strong feeling that the conditions have been changed, I throttle back massively to avoid haemorrhaging peds. One problem of a personal testbed is indeed the statistical significance of gathering data alone. Sure, I can kill 800 mobs an hour one way, over 1500 mobs an hour a different way, but some tests simply are not fast and I'm at only 60 mobs an hour.

So, instead of my turning over several hundred peds an hour routinely - and expecting a certain loss that I can minimise quite a lot with mu - I'm down to dabbling and experimenting at a much lower scale fighting this 90%-or-less (way less) monster.
    I'm still in the room, but I'm not focussed on what I want to do and happy to do. Maybe MA is making more rake from other higher rollers oblivious to the changes, or maybe it's MY returns that have hit a bad patch and they would recover if I went out again at a higher speed. The problem is that I don't know, which is why we are seeking others' opinions.

So, I got a 350x multi the other day.... off 1 in several thousand 10 pec kills... whoopie! Give me that on a 5 ped kill and I can forgive whatever is normal for a while again! At least I'd be back on turnover pumping it back to MA for a while and then maybe reevaluating. But off a 10 pec kill I can't even maintain 20x5 ped mobs for more than 1 try if the return is 70% again. I give it another go: result=crap again.

I'm not really learning much on low mobs either, except that MA seem to be hardening up on shrap thresholds. It used to be 3x normal cost to kill and you'd still be getting non-shrap. It would appear to be well under 2x now and loot quality is still "poor" - i.e. almost all shrap.

I really don't expect other players who have found out to announce what sort of dpp triggers not just normal loot but 'quality' loot these days, but it would be nice to know if we are really talking all the cost-cutting that can be done for even a chance of something nice, so maybe great normal dpp + loads of enhancers, rings and pills just as the 'buy-in'... Or is it being uber on shared loot mobs that gets the high chances of high mu stuff?
    Without knowing, and no apparent way to find out if MA stay silent except maybe to 'buddies', I am unlikely to 'up my game'. I'm more likely to 'down my tools' - and that would be sad!

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    I enjoy my break from EU. Thanks to bad loot MA!

5,000 mobs killed is a lot especially depending on the size of a mob.
    If it is too much for you, hunt smaller mobs.
    You cant expect to be at your expectation value when there are x500 and x1000 returns in your hunts that happen rarely.

Hunt smaller mobs, hunt more MU to reduce impact of volatility on your bankroll. Just adapt to what is provided to you, a lot of people do so successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by thoreau View Post
    Did u do a power test to determine this?

Lots of science is done with a very small sample size with a 95% confidence interval.
    I have enough data and common sense to figure out that hunting 5k mobs is not enough to be at your expectation value when there are x500 and x1000 multipliers in the game.

I have enough data and common sense to figure out that hunting 5k mobs is not enough to be at your expectation value when there are x500 and x1000 multipliers in the game.
    i had a streak of 390k = 90% tt-return, so stop with this too low sample size non-sense... the system simply is shit the way it currently is. it's way too dependand one those multis and when they don't happen you end up with shit return, eventually even with a 300+k simple size, that's why it needs an overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    i had a streak of 390k = 90% tt-return, so stop with this too low sample size non-sense... the system simply is shit the way it currently is. it's way too dependand one those multis and when they don't happen you end up with shit return, eventually even with a 300+k simple size, that's why it needs an overhaul.
    If you killed a mob for every PCF post, people might actually believe you cycled 390k.
    http://www.entropialife.com/Profile.aspx?P=315754

If you killed a mob for every PCF post, people might actually believe you cycled 390k.
    http://www.entropialife.com/Profile.aspx?P=315754
    PED TT spent, PED TT gained, Return%, amount
    Total – Crafting 304961,57168 | 287669,53459| 94,33| 568364
    Total – Mining 65386,53864 |56605,36 |86,57| 73238
    Total – Hunting 74035,7517| 68941,53612| 93,12

So yes, 390k crafts with 90% TT-return, been there. Pretty sure the same shit can happen on hunting as well, when you get unlucky with the multipliers.

The absence of globals in entropialife proves my lacks multipliers.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    If nothing changes then hunting will just continue to be extremely volatile with no chance of big HOFs like we once had.
    Here is the HOF list from today and then random snapshots from the previous 4 years - I didn't cherry pick, I just selected snapshots at random each year. I can provide more if you like. Can you please point out the big difference from now and prior? I'm just not seeing it...

2020-02-18

2019-08-13

2018-08-17

2017-02-14

2016-08-18

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    So yes, 390k crafts with 90% TT-return, been there. Pretty sure the same shit can happen on hunting as well, when you get unlucky with the multipliers.

dunno about this, but does crafting have the same 95% average return rate just as hunting?
    Or does crafting behaves differently?

I only very seldomly craft but nearly never seem to come above 70% on each crafting run that I do.
    It seems to be so much worse than hunting.

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast