PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Harry gets a trial subscription to XYZ MMO. He enjoys it, especially its competitive element. Harry then buys a monthly subscription and plays on weekends. He develops an ambition to get that fine weapon that's the very best one for his class. Harry adds two more months to his subscription and starts playing after work too.
    2 months later, Harry has gained many levels but is not satisfied with the few less-common items he has managed to loot. He wants The Big Purple Sword. Harry buys a 6 month subscription, and then another.... He spends long hours, more days than not, and quickly reaches maximum level. He then devotes his available playtime to raiding the hardest dungeons he can find, in hopes of looting Big Purple. This trend continues. The rest of the pieces that constitute Harry's life go to shit.

Harry is addicted to XYZ MMO and has put large amounts of money and vast amounts of time into it. He still doesn't have Big Purple, and if he did, it would be fairly meaningless now because Bigger Cyan Facepoker has been discovered and it's oh so much better - 3 of its stat bonuses are 1 point more than Big Purple.
    story of my life xD

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    TY MA for super bad loot. Now i have plenty of time to play other games. I just find out, there are a lot of funny games, where you dont get a feeling to be a mega looser.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    dasouth Genious dasouth
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    I'm out too after the reply support gave me, FUCK this ripoff

Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    TY MA for super bad loot. Now i have plenty of time to play other games. I just find out, there are a lot of funny games, where you dont get a feeling to be a mega looser.
    This game if funny too if you don't stretch your budget. You can hunt punies for close to nothing all day long. The solution is not leaving but scaling down to mobs small enough that you are no longer worry about outcome because eventual losses are something you can easily live with - whatever that means to you. It still punishes MA by you decaying less TT with lower DPS.

Provider
    tyires tyirepl tyirepl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daimon Frey View Post
    This game if funny too if you don't stretch your budget. You can hunt punies for close to nothing all day long. The solution is not leaving but scaling down to mobs small enough that you are no longer worry about outcome because eventual losses are something you can easily live with

Solution! Hunt punies all day! And then literally die of boredom. I pay 100-200 USD and expect to get full month of entertainment. I want at least to be able to kill level 15-25 mobs, do some mining from time to time and stay away from crafting as far as possible. But no, 100 USD monthly is not enough to get any level of fun in this "game".

You must realize that this discussion will change NOTHING.

There will be many other discussions like this on this forum in the future and this will not change anything also. Things will be kept this way as long as people deposit.

EU was meant to be extremely profitable for Mindark, and as they admit in their statement, it is. Pity that at the same time it is extremely frustrating for players.

Sad but true. People here saying that you can have nice amount of fun in other mmo's for 10 or 20 bucks are absolutely right, you actually can play world best mmos for this money.

I am on the level where I own my items and can easily sell them and withdraw. Ubers have problem because they don't own their items. Their items own them. I wish you good luck observing MU on you super-duper-mega ring being halved every quarter.

Time to move on!!!

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    This game if funny too if you don't stretch your budget. You can hunt punies for close to nothing all day long. The solution is not leaving but scaling down to mobs small enough that you are no longer worry about outcome because eventual losses are something you can easily live with - whatever that means to you. It still punishes MA by you decaying less TT with lower DPS.
    Do you realy think, i want hunt Puny creatures, after 15 years of play EU. I'm also more a miner as a hunter. So do you think i want mine with rocky finder. Sry no!!!

How i wrote in last post, there are plenty of cool games out, and i will focus more on this. I'm not a melkcow for ubers and MA! If i play games, i want have some fun and don't feel like a looser.

Provider
    Paul Ray Spinn
    Blog Entries
    Images

What is Random Hunting/Grinding ?

Quote Originally Posted by Adjusted Einar View Post

2007-11-13 07:40 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,
    It is regrettable that you feel this way. However, you have been with us for a long time and you are probably aware of that we cannot discuss issues referring to the core dynamic of the Entropia Universe. There are numerous reasons for this. However, what we can reveal is that we have not implemented any changes in the distribution of the loot or in the general loot system. The return calculated as a percentage today, is no different from before.

The dynamic feature of Entropia Universe has the effect that you sometimes have good times and sometimes not so good.
    Maybe it does not look too bright for you now, but we can ensure you that your luck will turn sooner or later.

Kind regards,
    Entropia Support
    Noting that the quoted Support reply is from 2007, I Ask myself if each Avatar, now in 2020, has a predefined volatility pattern (note: "volatility pattern", not "long term average loot pattern") : meaning that, using the Support words :

"The dynamic feature of Entropia Universe has the effect that you sometimes have good times and sometimes not so good.
    Maybe it does not look too bright for you now, but we can ensure you that your luck will turn sooner or later
    "

The Abomb previously asked me:

Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    What is your definition of "Random Grinding"?

Seems like an oxymoron like Jumbo Shrimp, grinding isn't random.
    What is random though is the volatile loot and how the returns are dialed way down right now.

My answer is that I am constantly trying to figure out what randomness-in-hunting is, hoping to reduce it.

When I posted this thread :
    https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...-it&highlight=

I gave an example of what randomness, and non-randomness, might be when it comes to hunting/grinding.

It's a hard fight, that I do as a mere small hunter : I better define myself "an experimental hunter", doing a search that is far from successful/complete.

-->For example, just after posting my "Ready-Player-One" message I am experiencing a big dip in my loots that has raised big, substantial doubts on the effectiveness of many things that I was doing so far.

-->So I considered the new possibility that volatility comes in patters, avatar-bound (not just mob-bound).
    If my idea is true, then the System challenges each player by creating good and bad periods for each of us, testing our patience on purpose, to create a sort of "natural selection".

Paul

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    I also don't see any reason to invest in higher efficiency when players with higher efficiency items aren't getting good returns either. Furthermore brand new players should be at 94%+

Like who? You have an example here of +85% eff + high looter ,
    and my date from last year in previous post. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...016-and-beyond . So now you have to chose "hunt with low eff and constant lose or invest" simple as that.
    Last edited by Alina; 01-29-2020 at 08:34.

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigPaul View Post
    Noting that the quoted Support reply is from 2007, I Ask myself if each Avatar, now in 2020, has a predefined volatility pattern (note: "volatility pattern", not "long term average loot pattern") : meaning that, using the Support words :
    Well the new volatility that started in the last few months is the issue. In the past in 2.0 realistically I don't expect to see below 80% on a run, that to me is bad and the low end. It happens though and with a working system will balance out but this changed. Now you can get 60-70% which is like wait what happened!! Where is the loot!! That makes it impossible to recover from and causes people's deposits to evaporate. This is a new occurrence and it's making people try other professions or quit because no one likes experiencing this type of volatility, especially if there aren't big HOFs anymore to counter it.

If it is going to be this volatile then there really needs to be more 200% runs and multipliers/HOFs otherwise you can't get to the expected returns. These good runs aren't there so the only logical option is to greatly reduce all hunting activity and enjoy other aspects of the game. Or quit as some have chosen.

So whatever was tweaked on MA's end has developed extreme volatility with no means to counter it. The HOF leader board should have tons of 5 digit HOFs everyday if it is going to be this volatile.

Going out to hunt and you don't know if it is going to be 95% or 60% is a nerve racking feeling that isn't fun. Like I said before mining on FOMA is less volatile and you of course can at least score a big multiplier.

Guess we will see what happens.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,920 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Nah, the solution is to play some other game, where you can even hunt high level mobs with little money spend each month. Dying of boredom from hunting punies isn't fun

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast