PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My loot is just fine and doesn't need fixing.
    That's a sample size of 1.
    Here in the thread are many people who say it isn't fine and i know even more ingame and people who have even quit because of those terrible returns, sample size far greater than >1...

You may just be one of the few expection who do have fine loot by coincidence.
    Last edited by Alukat123; 01-10-2020 at 15:59.

Provider
    tyires tyirepl tyirepl
    Images
    Let me quote a fragment of MindArk's last financial statement from May 2019.

In section "Analysis of the results for Entropia Universe" they state as follows:

Looking only at Entropia Universe and its revenues and expenses, one finds an operating profit of
    20.4 million SEK and a profit before tax of 17.1 million SEK, i.e. Entropia Universe is an extremely
    profitable product.
    Do you get it now? EU is extremely profitable for MindArk and they will surely do everything to keep it that way. If EU is profitable for them, it cannot be profitable for you. There are probably some exceptions which proves the rule, like Evey.

Good luck guys, don't forget to keep EU extremely profitable for MA today

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    Let me quote a fragment of MindArk's last financial statement from May 2019.

In section "Analysis of the results for Entropia Universe" they state as follows:

Do you get it now? EU is extremely profitable for MindArk and they will surely do everything to keep it that way. If EU is profitable for them, it cannot be profitable for you. There are probably some exceptions which proves the rule, like Evey.

Good luck guys, don't forget to keep EU extremely profitable for MA today
    well, actually it can be.
    Buy deeds.
    They can be quite profitable.
    And then let folks like evey make revenue for the deed holders.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Tees Maar Khan
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Hi Guys

This is a good thread with good input from the community coming together and sharing their experience as of late, lets not bitch at each other. we all have opinions, lets just keep it positive and respect each others opinions and not throw sarcastic remarks around its petty, Some are doing well, good on them. a lot are feeling something is not right and needs to be looked at so lets just respect each others input and go forward and keep the thread and input alive in a positive way.

Btw im one of the latter.

Remember if you start accusations sarcasm and what not it will derail the thread and it will end up getting closed and guess what brushed under the carpet. The very thing we are not trying to let happen right?

Regards
    Tees

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    My loot (and other peoples loot I'm sure) is just fine and doesn't need fixing.

No offense but if you're using Songkra Corrosive Dagger and Spakbite, if you keep mentioning good dpp (especially with these crappy tools) when talking about tt return, you do need hunting advice....

How about when at 91% you also try to ask for players that actually do well in TT what are they doing right?
    Not long ago you were saying you only care about skills and progression - it's probably time you switch your strategy if you now care for TT.

I agree, 91% isn't playable at all, no matter the gear or markup, everything below 94%(med term) is terrible for a proper hunter (that wants to be self sustainable). Your 91% is probably a mix of many mistakes it seems while Xen's low return is a very bad period that's most likely going to pass sooner or later (we've all been there) since he has decent skills and equipment and game knowledge.
    No matter the experience or what you hunt (save always hunting on 4+% taxed land) anyone should be able to hunt with 55-65 efficiency and get 95% tt return in the long run. I did after loot 2.0 killing many, many mobs. Things have changed, at least for me and seemingly for a number of others. I'm now hunting with 79% efficiency and I'm still getting the unusual loot behavior.
    Xen Shop ☯ Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Helmet (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

Killashandra Liu Ling
    Society
    Alchemic Dream
    Images
    Well, Support has been sent and they told me they do not give out these kind of information.

...what to do and what to believe here ?
    Lost in Space searching for monkeys

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Liu View Post
    Well, Support has been sent and they told me they do not give out these kind of information.

...what to do and what to believe here ?
    Lol special treatment much! You need to depo more

You created your account
    2004-12-21.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    That's a sample size of 1.
    Here in the thread are many people who say it isn't fine and i know even more ingame and people who have even quit because of those terrible returns, sample size far greater than >1...

You may just be one of the few expection who do have fine loot by coincidence.

Or possibly if you read the rest of what he's saying you might be able to infer that perhaps the problem is not the loot system but the player. It's almost like he's implying that the way to get better results is through better gear, skills, and knowledge of the game (weird, that's exactly what MA tells us also). By the way, this applies to all levels of play, and you don't have to be an uber to succeed.

Every time there's one of these community whine threads and a top player gives advice it's always dismissed as "yea you're a lucky toon" or "you just spend more than we do", because it doesn't fit with the narrative that everyone who isn't doing well has created for themselves. You can pick any of these threads (there's plenty of them) and you will always find a lot of comments along the lines of "the thing I have been doing for x months/years that worked no longer is working, the system is broken". I don't think y'all want the truth, tbh, you just want MA to give you better returns without you having to adapt to a game that is constantly changing.

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    I have a working theory on what was changed. Need to run some more test but it appears they changed the formula on Efficiency and how Dpp works I am guessing some time around end of Oct where we started to see a variance in returns.

Going to start doing some test today and hopefully we can nail down the new system that was implemented.

I was going to type out what I found that is different but on my way to test it some more before we get into the specifics.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-10-2020 at 17:26.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,920 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Cunning Haruto Rat
    Society
    fode et fuge
    Images
    There are many ways to skin a cat but just one way to boil a frog.

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 17 ... LastLast