PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Listen to yourself, 2000$!!!!
    To hunt a junk mob like atrox!?!?

Which sane person would do that? Apart from die hard gamblers?

If this is the case, how on earth will you ever attract new players?
    How can entropia ever get big?

2000$ needed to play a simple repetitive game??

How many idiots like us are willing to shove in that amount of cash with a near 100% loss guaranteed??
    Sufficiently many enough idiots like us if you peek into Ma's financial report:p I see the 20k as a deposit. Some currency loss for sure for non-US players, but not meant to lose it all, but to have a big enough buffer to withstand rough patches. And to be able to stash/stack some loot in storage when needed (maximising MU). That being said, one does not need a big budget to survive on 20-100 hp mobs. Nor high MU gear. So there is room for all kinds of players. And as Legends said, opportunity everywhere for all levels. But Mayhem is too expensive imho. It forces many players outside their bank roll. But MA wants to maximize profit, not fun for us.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    I'm interested in how you track your runs, can you please give us some details? Like... do you convert your shrapnel mid hunt several times? I think you should stream your runs.

Normally I would say 50-60% is possible only if you convert shrapnel many times, or, you hunt less than 50 mobs or smth like that.... because the return without multipliers is 66-75%.. I am very curious how you get 50%

Med term it's not possible to get such poor returns... and yes, it would be robbery
    I have a spreadsheet I use for hunting. It's open for all to see on my thread How To Survive 2. Take a look at it. Now 50% returns are possible they just don't last. Same setup, highest returned got 150%, lowest returned 50%. I stockpile my Shrapnel and no I used to stream but don't anymore, as my rig can no longer support it. Plus I got fed up of explaining how I was able to profit to people in Loot 1.0. Doing that in Loot 2.1 is far more complex. I'd rather not go there, it's up to people to test and try things out and collecting the necessary data to make a judgement.

Mark Rufen Power: "Profitable hunting with 100% returns? Possible, want to know how? Learn How To Survive & Profit"

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    Nah, i rather quit before it gets even worse and i learned the hard way on crafting already that it can get significantly worse.
    MA hasn't made any changes yet, this thread is about getting MA to finally make some changes.
    Well, I hope that gets you the desired result. I know for me the game is working as intended. Just gotta play to your strengths and make it sustainable as long as possible to see the gains even if it's slow as a snail.

Mark Rufen Power: "Profitable hunting with 100% returns? Possible, want to know how? Learn How To Survive & Profit"

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaSparks View Post
    Have a big enough buffer to withstand rough patches. And to be able to stash/stack some loot in storage when needed (maximising MU). That being said, one does not need a big budget to survive on 20-100 hp mobs. Nor high MU gear. So there is room for all kinds of players. And as Legends said, opportunity everywhere for all levels. But Mayhem is too expensive imho. It forces many players outside their bank roll. But MA wants to maximize profit, not fun for us.
    My words exactly and play style +rep.

Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    Well, I hope that gets you the desired result. I know for me the game is working as intended. Just gotta play to your strengths and make it sustainable as long as possible to see the gains even if it's slow as a snail.
    I'm playing my strengths, that's why it's impossible for me to end in a net loss (i did already withdraw more money than i did depo), however basically drowning in 66-80% TT-return runs is not fun and very demotivating.
    I mean, finding and getting some very good MU stuff just to have MA take the MU-gained PEDs away with the next crappy TT-return run, then what's the point of doing it?
    And i've learned the hard way that bad return (90%) streaks can last to up to 390k clicks and very bad returns (80%) up to 5k clicks and eventually even longer than that.

I sure hope MA does something soon about it.
    Last edited by Alukat123; 01-15-2020 at 13:01.

Provider
    tyires tyirepl tyirepl
    Images
    Instead of re posting my answer I just started new thread with my theory why most of us see 91% TT return.
    https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...1-Returns-quot

I hope it may help somehow.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Tees Maar Khan
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    You know i get a feeling this game is so simple even a child would understand and know what its all about within a month of playing.

I bet you its as simple as MA puts itself and its profits first once its in the + then it releases some to us of what ever is left based on whose invested what.

All we have done is made things complicated for ourselves...One dude has come along and thrown in, oh its skill /aggro - whatnot square root stamina and thats how it works to justify his losses, next persons came along and thrown in waves, another has come along and thrown in efficiency next one decay as a comfort blanket another bank roll and deficit and bla bla bla and so it goes...in all of this MA is sat in the background thinking what a bunch of fucking idiots slashing their own wrists and covering and hiding us and our ways of working while shafting themselves.

Its as simple as we profit whats left aka crumbs they get thrown to you, you get them fight among yourselves make up what ever bullshit theory its non of our concern.

and that's exactly what we are doing, 10 people get 98% return oh yes it works see loot 2.0 while the 5000 other are varied from 97 all the way down to 50% or even less.

and when numbers are not balancing out with everyone getting 90%+ its blamed on the bank roll or switching mobs or loot cycle or wave or god knows what ever bull anyone can come up with to justify this debauchery.

Do you know there is no such thing as luck or chance in this universe and in any system thats in play within this universe...You are either given it or not.

And in this system you are not you are being f***ed.

The most sad and pathetic part is that you have to come up with such lame excuses to justify it all to yourselves and then the top end players feeding this nonsense to the low end players so the pyramid stays intact hoping something gives and they withdraw and doesn't crumble before that as they will feel the brunt the most.

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaSparks View Post
    Sufficiently many enough idiots like us if you peek into Ma's financial report:p I see the 20k as a deposit. Some currency loss for sure for non-US players, but not meant to lose it all, but to have a big enough buffer to withstand rough patches. And to be able to stash/stack some loot in storage when needed (maximising MU). That being said, one does not need a big budget to survive on 20-100 hp mobs. Nor high MU gear. So there is room for all kinds of players. And as Legends said, opportunity everywhere for all levels. But Mayhem is too expensive imho. It forces many players outside their bank roll. But MA wants to maximize profit, not fun for us.
    I know you wont lose the 2000$ (all at once), but the fact that you have to put in 2000$(!!) to hunt a medium sized mob is ridiculous.
    And let's be honest, hunting trox is a sure way to lose all you got since they dont give any MU.
    So in the end, when hunting trox, the 2000$ is bound to be lost eventually.

Sure, you can hunt 20-100 hp mobs for less money.
    So, that's the incentive to skill up? To be able to hunt 20hp mobs with 300k skills?

My point is that this "game" is just ridiculously expensive to play for the content that you get.
    If you don't care about the content and just want to sit at the slots, sure, EU is a great place.

I do have to add that Entropia is much more than just an endless grind and offers many other opportunities.
    Let's not forget that.
    But I do think that the majority is just grinding endlessly. Skills skills skills....but for what?

As I said, I don't think this is the right recipe to make Entropia grow as the amount of idiots like us is just to limited.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    I know you wont lose the 2000$ (all at once), but the fact that you have to put in 2000$(!!) to hunt a medium sized mob is ridiculous.
    And let's be honest, hunting trox is a sure way to lose all you got since they dont give any MU.
    So in the end, when hunting trox, the 2000$ is bound to be lost eventually.

Sure, you can hunt 20-100 hp mobs for less money.
    So, that's the incentive to skill up? To be able to hunt 20hp mobs with 300k skills?
    No matter what your skills, gear, or bankroll - if you grind trox then you are missing a key component to this game - knowledge.

I agree that the game gets way too expensive (for me at least) as you scale up higher, but isn't that what should be expected in a game that uses real money?

Imagine the game were much much cheaper to play and a $2k investment made you an uber... guess what, now the majority of the player base is ubers - so then what? Everyone can't win.

With real money on the table you are always going to have people with the resources and desire to keep raising the bar. Remember, that 80k ped gun is only a couple hundred ped TT value - it's the players that are keeping the bar high, not MA. OFC MA intentionally limits access to high end gear, but ultimately it's up to us to decide what that's worth.

The responsibility lies on the player to determine what their personal endgame is and how much they want to spend. There are opportunities at all levels.

I do think the economy needs some help though, and I'm not sure what the solution is. MA knows this, and ArMatrix was a step in the right direction to help introduce some MU and inter-dependency among professions. Hopefully they are working on more solutions to bring more MU to the economy at all levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    Imagine the game were much much cheaper to play and a $2k investment made you an uber... guess what, now the majority of the player base is ubers - so then what? Everyone can't win.
    If the bad TT-return runs doesn't suck as hard anymore, then top gear will become very cheap?

Care to explain how higher min-return is going to lower the MU of top gear?

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 28 ... LastLast