PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13 ... LastLast
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjusted Einar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Maybe it does not look too bright for you now, but we can ensure you that your luck will turn sooner or later.
    ahh, the carrot that MA hangs in front of our face.

Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    They hang it in front of your face and then they keep running away from you at full speed

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    They hang it in front of your face and then they keep running away from you at full speed
    I was trying to catch them but they nerfed Agility run speed
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,550 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,396 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,663 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

I wrote this in The MeanMachines thread, I guess I can drop here too:

Imo there is no such thing as "luck" or "random" in EU since that require way more code than
    using math instead.
    Reason why same people over and over again get better things are that they create right values.
    There are three parts in a loot, gear that create the value, target that require a value and the
    avatars values that makes the progression and interactions more unpredictable.
    Its all aboubt matching numbers, not hit something with most damage.
    Why can a noob hit a big one? Its due his progression in combination with right gear creating right
    values for the target.
    And no, I'm not gonna try to convience people to believe in this, since everyone can believe in
    whatever they want.

There are obviously some more parts in loot but thats not something I can at least
    try to controll. I can try to use timing for some though.
    Way too many seem to be stucked at the gear values, and forget the target values.
    When I hunt for a better eco I always start with target value so I have something to
    use when I do the math for what gear I need to use.

When it comes to Loot 1.0 vs Loot 2.0, well basics is still the same, imo.
    Loot 2.0 is improved and have some changes, mainly what parameters that are included
    in the loot calculation, but it isn't a completly new system.
    Now a little conspiracy theory (or not ) why Loot 2.0 and Looter prof stands were introduced:
    It's due to a legal aspect. EU had become a bit too close to something that looked as if it
    was built around randomness, therefor they had to implement something that reduced
    this impression of randomness.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiajo View Post
    2017-07-14
    Developer Notes #13 - Loot 2.0 Statistics

The MindArk design team has been closely monitoring the impact of Loot 2.0, recently implemented in Version Update 15.15. We have also been following the many interesting and valuable discussions on community forums and thought it would be helpful to those discussions to share some hunting return statistics.

Net return for all hunting activity since VU 15.15: 94.71%
    Net return for hunters cycling at least 100,000 PED since VU 15.15: 97.29%
    Net return for hunters cycling at least 10,000 PED since VU 15.15: 94.79%
    Net return for accounts created in 2017, cycling at least 100 PED since VU 15.15: 94.87%
    Net return for accounts created in 2017: 93.47%

These return rates are very close to MindArk’s targets for Loot 2.0, and indicate that the changes implemented are working as intended. Of course, we will continue to monitor, tweak and improve moving forward.

Happy hunting!
    More statements here:

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...-loot-post-2-0
    The big question I have regarding those numbers is how many mob kills we're talking here for those cycle #'s?

100peds on mulmun looter elite is like 3 mobs... Unless you get VERY lucky I doubt it's possible to see that 94% return they're talking about. But 100 peds on punies is like 500. To break it down a little more:

100,000 peds on mulmun looters = 3,000ish
    100,000 peds on atrox young = 30,000ish
    100,000 peds on kerb young = 225,000ish
    100,000 peds on merp young = 450,000ish

What's the general consensus on how many mobs need to be killed in a run to see those kinds of returns steadily?

Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    When I have killed 40 or 50k of one specific mob and now struggle to get 91% all of a sudden.

What was your return % at when you were only at about 5000 kills? Or even 1000?

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

Is overkill still a thing like all peds you spend on mobs not backed by mob hp is refunded in scraps but only like 90% of tt value ?`

We have a vague idea how much percent of raw tt value we get from each percent on the eco bar assuming its a linear increase. Did you compare the raw tt return from the difference of your eco enahancers versus their markup cost ?

I feel like if you hunt mobs with higher total hp with your current setup and remove eco enhancer you might fare better.

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Einar Lee Yap
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    Your luck WILL change. According to Entropia Life, I have collected over 50k USD just in hunting globals alone, and only since EL has been a thing. There is no way I have deposited that many USDs. Try not to get lost with .5 pec here and .5 pec there. It's a game have fun. A damn fine game.
    Last edited by Adjusted Einar; 01-09-2020 at 21:23.

Young
    Venadide crisper Brnr
    Images
    I have played I think since 2005, with many years in some cases in between playing most notably missing FEN While the loot certainly has become less diverse when looking at samples on this forum and my own loot I don't think it has significantly changed over time for me at least different than MA has laid out in their dev posts. I had a long term "profit" which really helped me IRL in 2008 or so but I have never relied on "profit" I would say its more the chance of continue to play for a chance to "profit" that keeps me playing, and its just a great kind of scifi techno environment that no other game has. All of that profit has been deposited again since. Getting 50% return I think on a hunt and stopping for years there have been many ups and downs. All of it has been fun! The smoothing out of the return curve with less variability, not seeing any hunts below 70% may seem like I am getting less but I am also shooting a lot more per hunt due to skill progression and thats more fun for me. I don't deposit much over 15 years and the value and fun I received from that is certainly more than any other game. I deposit when I feel I can and have time to play, lately some have been due to credit card cashback those damn boxes always get me. Maybe ill buy a big UL gun one day, but I wouldn't do it and expect to get it back next hunt.

As MA seems to respond, knowledge is a part of it and most of the time I take that knowledge into account but sometimes, like having one (L) armor suit that I used for almost everything doesn't take all of that into account but its just more fun for me that way.

I would says MA has been pretty straight with their disclosure of numbers and my experience reflects that, but the game is called Entropia for a reason and entropy isn't meant to be completely predictable.

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images

Good thread Abomb. My results are similar.

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bill Billyboy Carson
    Images
    Maybe we are same situation than pre loot 2.0.
    Those high efficiency setup and 100 looter prof players (there is atleast 1) make another players loose more than expected, only difference is that ma don't loose money.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 13 ... LastLast