Arkadia Moon Deeds and the Share Trading Mechanism

Larry

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Enviro Larry Lagoono
Well, I just thought I'd throw this out there.........

I know MA have been struggling to shift Ark moon deeds for some time now, and even after the Sophie robot promo there still seems to be a stack left that obviously aren't selling.

I'm just wondering if MA/Ark moon deed holders would consider converting their deeds into shares instead and then listing it on the in-game share trading mechanism?

This way everyone can start trading their stake in Ark moon right away, Ark devs/MA could either keep hold of the shares/deeds they haven't sold and/or sell them into the market and MA gets commission on share trading - everybody wins (I think. lol)!

Would love hear thoughts on this. :beerchug:

I know MA have been struggling to shift Ark moon deeds for some time now, and even after the Sophie robot promo there still seems to be a stack left that obviously aren't selling.

I'm just wondering if MA/Ark moon deed holders would consider converting their deeds into shares instead and then listing it on the in-game share trading mechanism?

This way everyone can start trading their stake in Ark moon right away, Ark devs/MA could either keep hold of the shares/deeds they haven't sold and/or sell them into the market and MA gets commission on share trading - everybody wins (I think. lol)!

Do shares require an auction fee to list for sale? If not, I'd say yes, I'd be willing to have them be converted to Shares instead.

Doubt that will happen though. And to be quite honest with you, I think that this S0ph13 promo is an awesome deal, I think people don't realize just how rare a 32m Autoloot pet really is. There's the Oratan Axe, which I think has 40m and which was awarded as part of an event, so is super rare, and then there's the Leprechaun Gold, which literally takes 10 hours to tame and is also super rare, I think htere's currently less than 10 in the game.

I sold a Gold Leprechaun last year for I think it was 2500 ped, so that's most of the cost of the 50 Ark Moon Deeds, and I know that currently the S0ph13 pets aren't selling for that, but trust me, they will sell for 2k later, guaranteed.

I've bought 100 Ark Moon Deeds since the promotion started and if I can I will buy another 100 before all the deeds are sold.

Legends

Feel like all deeds should be turned into shares for simplification.

With the ROI it have, the price would drop a lot, like it makes 1-2pec weekly per share with daily payout?
That is what you get from a CP share at a bad week.
Price would match this payout in exchange, 15-20p each.

Compared to the price it was sold and currently selling with the pet, its more likely a loose - loose.
Well, maybe most of the owners are already counted it as a loss anyway, and ofc it will happen, whenever it will be tradeable, but for the publisher, the exchane price drop isnt necessary, they still can sell it for the original price.

Hey devs, if pet comes in a cool red-black coloured edition, i m sure 50 more will be sold.

I guess MA doesn't want PED but only $'s.
They need fresh money input and not a ped shift.

It was naive to think that all arkadia team need to do is to generate more land and sell shares. I was suprised it worked out for the underground but for the moon it clearly dosn't. I was also stunned by the greed to raise the share price after initial early buyer grace period, talking about value for money spend wich is clearly terrible.

We have X amount of peds floating around that people are willing to spend hunting and by adding more places this number isn't magically increasing, all it does is spreading the peds spend over more places. To increase the input of peds spend the location must offer something worth grinding. It is not like ark didn't made any money on the moon so far, they should commit to their project and make this moon worth visiting over other places. Unless they improve this location we might wait until judgement day for those remaining shares to sell.

Ark also should focus more on ped turnover instead of generating peds from one time sales like calypso does with their mayhem events.

Peds can't buy food and can't bring workers on the desk, of course they need $ and not peds we all knew there are more peds than usd backed. If they want more $ they should put in some work like everyone else.

It was naive to think that all arkadia team need to do is to generate more land and sell shares. I was suprised it worked out for the underground but for the moon it clearly dosn't. I was also stunned by the greed to raise the share price after initial early buyer grace period, talking about value for money spend wich is clearly terrible.

We have X amount of peds floating around that people are willing to spend hunting and by adding more places this number isn't magically increasing, all it does is spreading the peds spend over more places. To increase the input of peds spend the location must offer something worth grinding. It is not like ark didn't made any money on the moon so far, they should commit to their project and make this moon worth visiting over other places. Unless they improve this location we might wait until judgement day for those remaining shares to sell.

Ark also should focus more on ped turnover instead of generating peds from one time sales like calypso does with their mayhem events.

Peds can't buy food and can't bring workers on the desk, of course they need $ and not peds we all knew there are more peds than usd backed. If they want more $ they should put in some work like everyone else.

and the best thing is that ark actually divides the people hunting / mining on ark now between Ark UG and the moon as its basically the same. which means that aud price will lower by the same amount that the moon deeds are worth more than 15ish peds cos of the splitup turnover

Want to sell the moon deeds faster... double the return on the daily hazmat suit ped you can get per day, decrease the timer to 12 hours instead of whatever it is now and THEN make it so that you can only do this mission if you have an ark moon deed in inventory that has been in inventory more than a week in a locked status. ;)

I did some rough calculations based on how many deeds there are and came up with a seemingly impossibly low turnover rate for the moon. Has anyone else run the numbers?

The issue is there was already close to an impossible amount of things to do in game and still under developed parts of the game/planets. Adding a Moon well probably not the best idea. I bought a few deeds and I never go there. I love Ark but I have so much to already do. On a Full 15 hr day I can be on 4 planets and somehow I need to stop now on a moon?

Main issue goes back to how under developed space is. It needs to be totally redesigned with the amount of players we currently have. Also we need some more players.

We need to remove the center of the space map and just put Caly there. It's the trading mecca of the game just do it. Then each of the planets are 7-10 Au's from Caly in the center of the map. This means leaving Caly all the planets and moons, monria etc are all about the same distance and this creates a far better designed space system.

This then gives people a chance to say hey lets check out the Ark moon or actually make it to places like Toulan etc...

This is an overall design issue with a small player base. The key first lies in space it needs massive love.

Another issue was during the launch of the planet (I mean moon).
That was totally fucked up.
Pirates were responsible for a lot of problems of the moon. Chasing away many interested people when the moon come online.
They camped the moon all day and scared and blew away many interested people.
For me that was a reason to not even come close to the moon then and haven't bothered since.

Don't know how the situation is now, but I can't be arsed to even check.

I guess I'm not the only one.

Last edited:
I really like Arkadia, but that moon... I feel betrayed after buying those shares. The really weird part is that on May 12 Dylan said that "there is around 18% of the deeds left for purchase from the web store", and later on many people bought into them for the autoloot pet.

What I think is that there's not enough players to populate the moon, which should have been obvious since Arkadia's playerbase was lacking already, and for taxed indoor mining u got the underground and other places as well.

What I would suggest is to convert the AMDs into AUD's at a fair rate, remove taxes from the moon and change it from indoors to regular mining. There may be a point in introducing new blueprints that would use new resources that are only available on the moon, but then again... playerbase.

And I fully support the idea of making the daily mission available only to AMD holders with better rewards. It would also be cool if deed holders could teleport to the moon for free from Arkadia, maybe even from Calypso and other places, because flying through space is really really boring, also the pirates are back at it again.

We need to remove the center of the space map and just put Caly there. It's the trading mecca of the game just do it. Then each of the planets are 7-10 Au's from Caly in the center of the map. This means leaving Caly all the planets and moons, monria etc are all about the same distance and this creates a far better designed space system.
Nah. What needs to happen is that Mindark needs to stop making Calypso the center of the Universe as it currently is and has been since other planets were introduced... There's a LOT of ways they could give planet partners more advantages than the disadvantages they've been given so far.

Another issue was during the launch of the planet.
That was totally fucked up.
Pirates were responsible for a lot of problems of the moon. Chasing away many interested people when the moon come online.
They camped the moon all day and scared and blew away many interested people.
For me that was a reason to not even come close to the moon then and haven't bothered since.

Don't know how the situation is now, but I can't be arsed to even check.

I guess I'm not the only one.

they did redo it quite a bit by moving the revive, lootable space, etc. There's still the odd pirate out in space, but not nearly as many as there used to be all congested in one location.

I did some rough calculations based on how many deeds there are and came up with a seemingly impossibly low turnover rate for the moon. Has anyone else run the numbers?

I bet this is an interesting figure. :laugh:

I've said in a few previous posts that (in my opinion) there's way too much open space for the player base and that ideally we'd reduce the number of areas significantly and go back to a close-knit community again like the good-old days. This would help bring on (and more importantly KEEP) new players, which in turn would allow for a SLOW addition of new areas over time so the space grows around the community, not the other way around.

However, for the specific case of moon deeds - like it or not most of them have been sold now, so in my opinion it would be best to convert them to shares so that people can at least sell them if they want out (yes they would make a loss, but at the current value I don't think you could expect anything else). :(

...or sell them into the market...

Market has responded on this offer. Even with sweet Lara, still many players do not want to own this for one simply reason.

MA world is vast. Too huge for such small amount of players. Go to NI and check how many avatars there usually are. 25?
How about RT? When all attend Camp Crunk at Sunday we have approx. 100 active avatars.
Who is going to generate profits for Moon deed holders?

Most profits go to Caly deeds owners and some to Ark underground. We have enough players to occupy those two planets. Other are plain dead with some lost roamers.

Do you remember the incident a couple years ago when MA screwed up mission rewards for FFA and it resulted in a 0 CLD payout for a week? (edit: 2015)

Perhaps mission rewards are being subtracted in this case as well.

Last edited:
Market has responded on this offer. Even with sweet Lara, still many players do not want to own this for one simply reason.

MA world is vast. Too huge for such small amount of players. Go to NI and check how many avatars there usually are. 25?
How about RT? When all attend Camp Crunk at Sunday we have approx. 100 active avatars.
Who is going to generate profits for Moon deed holders?

Most profits go to Caly deeds owners and some to Ark underground. We have enough players to occupy those two planets. Other are plain dead with some lost roamers.

I agree 100%.

I only mention moon deeds because most of the shares have been sold already. Creating the moon was a bad move for the Universe (Ark owners probably made more from the sale of the moon deeds than they ever would have through gaming activity, but that doesn't exactly benefit the Universe) but now it's here it generates 'some' revenue which means the deeds have 'some' value.

I don't hold any moon deeds so I don't know, but if the deeds currently generate say 1 pec a week (52 pec a year), then the absolute maximum value of the deeds at this moment in time would be around 10 ped each in order to compare with AUD returns. :broke:

Okay. I noticed something weird about the moon deeds, and I tried to talk about it in this thread earlier but my post did not see the light of day. On May 12 2019 it was stated that there were only 18% of AMDs left for sale through the shop. How come they haven’t sold out even though many people bought the pack that included the autoloot pet, which some even bought more than once? And check arkforum for the info, maybe that post was automatically deleted by the system because of the link (and yeah I'm new on the forum, but been actively playing for a while).

On the side of development it’s obvious that there aren’t enough players to populate the moon. Even Arkadia’s playerbase is lacking, judging by the market. Something needs to be done to attract more players to the moon and more players in general.

But as for the AMDs themselves I think it’s safe to say that they are failing at this point. Maybe, just maybe, there could be a point in converting them to AUDs in the future, removing the tax from the moon and enabling regular mining there, instead of indoors. There is little point in high-risk mining on the moon atm since we already have the underground and other locations for that.

Back