PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Another issue was during the launch of the planet (I mean moon).
    That was totally fucked up.
    Pirates were responsible for a lot of problems of the moon. Chasing away many interested people when the moon come online.
    They camped the moon all day and scared and blew away many interested people.
    For me that was a reason to not even come close to the moon then and haven't bothered since.

Don't know how the situation is now, but I can't be arsed to even check.

I guess I'm not the only one.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

We need to remove the center of the space map and just put Caly there. It's the trading mecca of the game just do it. Then each of the planets are 7-10 Au's from Caly in the center of the map. This means leaving Caly all the planets and moons, monria etc are all about the same distance and this creates a far better designed space system.
    Nah. What needs to happen is that Mindark needs to stop making Calypso the center of the Universe as it currently is and has been since other planets were introduced... There's a LOT of ways they could give planet partners more advantages than the disadvantages they've been given so far.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    Another issue was during the launch of the planet.
    That was totally fucked up.
    Pirates were responsible for a lot of problems of the moon. Chasing away many interested people when the moon come online.
    They camped the moon all day and scared and blew away many interested people.
    For me that was a reason to not even come close to the moon then and haven't bothered since.

Don't know how the situation is now, but I can't be arsed to even check.

I guess I'm not the only one.
    they did redo it quite a bit by moving the revive, lootable space, etc. There's still the odd pirate out in space, but not nearly as many as there used to be all congested in one location.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Enviro Larry Lagoono
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    I did some rough calculations based on how many deeds there are and came up with a seemingly impossibly low turnover rate for the moon. Has anyone else run the numbers?
    I bet this is an interesting figure.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Enviro Larry Lagoono
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    I've said in a few previous posts that (in my opinion) there's way too much open space for the player base and that ideally we'd reduce the number of areas significantly and go back to a close-knit community again like the good-old days. This would help bring on (and more importantly KEEP) new players, which in turn would allow for a SLOW addition of new areas over time so the space grows around the community, not the other way around.

However, for the specific case of moon deeds - like it or not most of them have been sold now, so in my opinion it would be best to convert them to shares so that people can at least sell them if they want out (yes they would make a loss, but at the current value I don't think you could expect anything else).

Provider
    tyires tyirepl tyirepl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    ...or sell them into the market...
    Market has responded on this offer. Even with sweet Lara, still many players do not want to own this for one simply reason.

MA world is vast. Too huge for such small amount of players. Go to NI and check how many avatars there usually are. 25?
    How about RT? When all attend Camp Crunk at Sunday we have approx. 100 active avatars.
    Who is going to generate profits for Moon deed holders?

Most profits go to Caly deeds owners and some to Ark underground. We have enough players to occupy those two planets. Other are plain dead with some lost roamers.

Cunning Haruto Rat
    Society
    fode et fuge
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    I did some rough calculations based on how many deeds there are and came up with a seemingly impossibly low turnover rate for the moon. Has anyone else run the numbers?
    Do you remember the incident a couple years ago when MA screwed up mission rewards for FFA and it resulted in a 0 CLD payout for a week? (edit: 2015)

Perhaps mission rewards are being subtracted in this case as well.
    Last edited by Haruto Rat; 01-10-2020 at 13:53.
    There are many ways to skin a cat but just one way to boil a frog.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Enviro Larry Lagoono
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    Market has responded on this offer. Even with sweet Lara, still many players do not want to own this for one simply reason.

MA world is vast. Too huge for such small amount of players. Go to NI and check how many avatars there usually are. 25?
    How about RT? When all attend Camp Crunk at Sunday we have approx. 100 active avatars.
    Who is going to generate profits for Moon deed holders?

Most profits go to Caly deeds owners and some to Ark underground. We have enough players to occupy those two planets. Other are plain dead with some lost roamers.

I agree 100%.

I only mention moon deeds because most of the shares have been sold already. Creating the moon was a bad move for the Universe (Ark owners probably made more from the sale of the moon deeds than they ever would have through gaming activity, but that doesn't exactly benefit the Universe) but now it's here it generates 'some' revenue which means the deeds have 'some' value.

I don't hold any moon deeds so I don't know, but if the deeds currently generate say 1 pec a week (52 pec a year), then the absolute maximum value of the deeds at this moment in time would be around 10 ped each in order to compare with AUD returns.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Philippus SoberPhil Maximus
    Okay. I noticed something weird about the moon deeds, and I tried to talk about it in this thread earlier but my post did not see the light of day. On May 12 2019 it was stated that there were only 18% of AMDs left for sale through the shop. How come they havenít sold out even though many people bought the pack that included the autoloot pet, which some even bought more than once? And check arkforum for the info, maybe that post was automatically deleted by the system because of the link (and yeah I'm new on the forum, but been actively playing for a while).

On the side of development itís obvious that there arenít enough players to populate the moon. Even Arkadiaís playerbase is lacking, judging by the market. Something needs to be done to attract more players to the moon and more players in general.

But as for the AMDs themselves I think itís safe to say that they are failing at this point. Maybe, just maybe, there could be a point in converting them to AUDs in the future, removing the tax from the moon and enabling regular mining there, instead of indoors. There is little point in high-risk mining on the moon atm since we already have the underground and other locations for that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2