2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    George Ace Skywalker
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    When I got the message to reset password I thought it was too much and decided not to reset my password instead I logged out to browse the forum. This is nice while it allows you to browse but a problem because then finding the page to reset password is hard to find. Also when you do have that page you can't log in because password is too old so you can't log in to reset password.

In short if you don't reset password when first given the chance you'll have problems.

Also this password reset every 7 days is ridiculous please change this as soon as possible.

Site Admin
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The password expiration was a measure taken temporarily to ensure that as many members as possible would change their passwords. It was not supposed to require a second password change this soon, not sure why it triggered again today for some of you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In any case, I have changed the setting so that passwords will need to be changed approximately once every seven months.

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Images
    I apologize for having jumped to conclusions.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    TS TSEC CRYPTO
    Society
    Shaolin (Recruit)
    Images
    All is now well

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    tbh, regarding my enquiry, i have received an answer from the austrian dataprotection agency some time ago already...

it wasn't really what i expected, but in some sort it was very enlightening.

i'm still amazed how freaking poor you guys handle this issue, even though we got GDPR as applicable law in the european union for quite some time already.

in no way i wanna threat, but if i don't receive an email notification regarding the breach quite fucking soon, then i can't guarantee for anything anymore, and maybe i'll file the complaint myself.

why you ask? because you simply can't tell that EU is quite a profitable product, while ignoring current law and your community, when it's about the security of our accounts. both emails and IP-addresses are personal and therefor protected data, in case your lawyers forgot to mention!

72 hours, from now on, as it should have been. sorry to bother!
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    PlanetCalypsoForum.com Privacy Policy
    Published on 09-22-2010 12:56 Number of Views: 31485
    PlanetCalypsoForum.com Privacy Policy

2018-05-25

General
    MindArk PE Aktiebolag (publ) (”we” or “MindArk” or "PlanetCalypsoForum.com") cares about your privacy. Therefore, we always strive to protect your personal data in the best possible way and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations for the protection of personal data. In this policy, we want to inform you about how we collect and process your personal data.
    thats what you state ... but is it factual true too?
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    reported my own post, just to make sure. hopp hopp!
    Eyes closed -.-

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Max Hec Walker
    Images
    For those living outside of EU the GDPR is a toothless tiger.
    Yes its original proposal had lots of Roar! But a lot of change$ before it was pa$$ed into law. (cough)

Now all the websites are like its 1990's again and put up a idiotic warning to stupidly state they use cookies so you must accept them or no access! Go ahead, name 12 websites designed after 2010 that didn't use cookies! Yes I exaggerate about 12 websites........... but not by much.
    So the GDPR as passed into EU law is actually good for business.
    And the plebs must learn to still protect their own data before handing it out.

Plenty of articles that dive deeper into GDPR, what it is, and what it is not, and what it'll cost to use it.
    https://medium.com/@fabien.ungerer/g...s-b4bb70e89dd6

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11