PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Prowler
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho
    Society
    Rangers
    Images

To be honest, this has been this way for a long time.

The forums at some point should have been updated to using appropriate encryption to secure everyone's data, but chrome recognizes it has issues, so I've been pretty cautious about information I use on this site...

An upgrade wouldn't hurt :P
    IGN: Feng Huan SecretAznMan Zho

Check out my stream! https://www.twitch.tv/lootdemon

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Buster Westy Westmoreland
    Society
    Antipodean Army
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Luu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Troy Hunt (creator of haveibeenpwned) is quite passionate about mandatory breach notifications. I also work in this industry and am not at all surprised at this type of response. It is quite common with organisations who do not have incident response plans. The responses are vague, denying or often understating the issue.

Bit more about Troy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Hunt

He is an excellent presenter as well. I saw him at auscert 2016 and this prezo https://youtu.be/fAdNVxZ_0nc

If your at all interested in cyber security itís worth a look.
    HOF's - Lots with amps. GLOBAL's - Even more with amps
    Been plodding around EU Since 25th of December 2005.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    PostHistory PostHistory Hax
    Society
    Space Police
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Troy Hunt (creator of haveibeenpwned) is quite passionate about mandatory breach notifications. I also work in this industry and am not at all surprised at this type of response. It is quite common with organisations who do not have incident response plans. The responses are vague, denying or often understating the issue.

Bit more about Troy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Hunt

He is an excellent presenter as well. I saw him at auscert 2016 and this prezo https://youtu.be/fAdNVxZ_0nc

If your at all interested in cyber security itís worth a look.
    Do you mean to say you think MA/PFC do not have a policy in regards to Data Breach?

Oh my...
    I doubt they have a policy on how to engage the public or how to engage their own customers
    Player Register: PostHistory PostHistory Hax
    F.O.M.A Shop #3 -=PostHistorys Space Bizaar=-
    Professional In Rebalancing All Trade Economies

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerham View Post
    Without clicking the last link, it sounds glorious. Like how can it not be e-mail address stealing in itself?
    It's a honest service, even was embedded into Firefox recently. Been using it for years.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    that ignorance and lack of communication still pisses me off the most. this looks like nothing but zero intention to fix MA/PCF's reputation or security, or at least inform everyone properly.

it makes me really wonder how dataprotection agencies wanna enforce breach notifications within 72 hours, when one often can't even get a proper answer from certain companies in weeks, months, or even years.

oh, now i remember, it was today in the news - companies were fined over 114 million euros already since GDPR became applicable law in europe.

Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Site Admin
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Blog Entries
    Images
    HTTPS has now been enabled site-wide on PlanetCalypsoForum.com. While the use of HTTPS would not have prevented the database breach that is referenced in this thread, it is still an extra layer of protection for PCF members which may prevent certain types of malicious attacks.

Note that on some pages (mainly thread discussions where user signatures are displayed) your browser may indicate that some of the content being served is not secure; this is caused by non-HTTPS signature images hosted on other servers (i.e. EntropiaLife).

Site Admin
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As a security precaution, all members (who have not changed their password within the last 7 days) will be prompted to change their password upon their next visit to PCF.

It is strongly recommended to use a unique password that is at least 8 characters in length, difficult to guess, and that is not used for any other websites or services (i.e. Entropia Universe).

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sub-Zero The Killer
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 711 View Post
    [...]

Apologies for the inconvenience.
    711, you don't need to apologize for making this forum more secure. We welcome it. Thank you!

Edit: I have checked on that site if I have been pwned. To my surprise, several ancient emails I stopped using a long time ago, and also the email address that I used on this forum was breached.

Then I was reading some of my recent emails.

I know you guys want me to go playing again. But this is a very unwise thing to do. For security reasons. Since all email adress appears to have been breached on this forum. If you used the same email address here on forum, that you also use on Entropia Universe, if that password to your email was used elsewhere, that was breached, or the password for was brute-forced or easy to guess.

You could get your account potentially hacked on Entropia Universe.

I would like if MA didn't say my username in my email address, for whatever reason.

Needless to say, I have changed the passwords for all my emails I ever used now, and I'm gonna be extra careful from now on.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero; 01-22-2020 at 18:50.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    XXX ViP WARP
    Images
    I wonder how many eu acct were hacked form this cuz so many use same password. this is the one time in decades I feel good about having a special forum password separate from anything important.. yay it came in handy finally =p
    ✘✘✘ ViPô₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/YG5H4Md

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    TS TSEC CRYPTO
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images

Thumbs Up

SSL, finally
    Thank you.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast