PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To assume that there would be no winners or loosers is just stupid of you.
    If the MU of the equipment is too high for the loot of the mob/current market value, then that person is still gonna be a looser.
    For winning/loosing the knowledge about loot composition & market value will be the most important factor instead of winning being down to dumb luck.

    What you're asking for is entropia being a high-risk casino.
    First you should take some time to think before you answer.
    Because you usually tell people over and over again that they are trying to turn a post about the TT return into something about the MU.
    But since you have no argument and you are just answering cause of your ego hurts, you just do it yourself here...

    And who talked about luck here ?
    Certainly not me, since I repeated enough that there is no such thing as "luck" in EU.

    Also you say I want EU to be a casino when reading my conclusion "MA please make this game challenging AND rewarding again."

    What is wrong whith your way of thinking ?
    It tells the exact opposite..

    What should be rewarded in EU is indeed "knowledge", experience, involvement, etc..

    Again, let your ego aside, and think twice before you talk, then maybe the discussion would become interesting..
    Stop talking just to make it looks like you are right.
    Reality is a fact.

  2. #12
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,641
    Images
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taking out the lows takes out the highs at the same time, therefore, no lows = no highs.

    I hear you brother, lots of people I know in game are complaining about loot right now... But if you propose to flatten the returns for everyone to a steady 96%-98%, you are changing the core concept of the game and all the people who currently play in hopes of hitting a big HoF will no longer have any interest to play.
    I guess this sums it up.

    Also, if such a change would be implemented, what else should we complain about??

    I think MA should just be fair, get a gambling license, and just admit that Entropia is just a big casino with a bit of MU flavour where the house has set the rake to an average of 5%.

    Then at least we all know what we're up to. No illusions, no hidden tricks.

  3. #13
    Provider
    Joined
    Mar 2016
    Avatar
    tyires tyirepl tyirepl
    Posts
    182
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess this sums it up.

    Also, if such a change would be implemented, what else should we complain about??

    I think MA should just be fair, get a gambling license, and just admit that Entropia is just a big casino with a bit of MU flavour where the house has set the rake to an average of 5%.

    Then at least we all know what we're up to. No illusions, no hidden tricks.
    You don't live in EU do you?

  4. #14
    Elite wizz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    Brabant
    Avatar
    Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Posts
    3,641
    Images
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The plan is[B] Bad Loot Protection...
    Maybe MA can offer bad loot insurance.

    You can buy "bad loot insurance pill" for 5 ped.
    The next 100 ped (ammo/decay/faparmour etc) spent will give you a guaranteed 100 ped shrapnel back.

    Or an "Adjusted bad loot pill" for 45 ped, for the next 1000 ped spend.

    That way you will have your 95% guaranteed loot back at the cost of loot diversity (so nu MU).


    As this is optional, it gives people the choice, will I "gamble" for less (or more) returns with possible nice MU, or do I just go for a steady 95% tt return without MU.

    That way you can cater everybody!!

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What should be rewarded in EU is indeed "knowledge", experience, involvement, etc..
    I agree, but that's not the way the game is atm and neither would be what you're asking for.
    Currently it's just down to luck whether or not you get the necessary multipliers, so winning/loosing is just down to gambling and that needs to change.
    My last runs were all between 66-80% TT-return, so despite the fact that i got more MU out of it than i paid for the materials i was having a big loss and that's not my fault, it's the fault of the game & the super low tt-return it produced.

    Getting lucky at the slot machine to actually get the multipliers necessary for 95% isn't rewarding knowledge, experience or involvement.

    You're confusing luck for knowledge & experience.

  6. #16
    Provider
    Joined
    Mar 2016
    Avatar
    tyires tyirepl tyirepl
    Posts
    182
    Images
    3
    Please Ludvig if you read this consider my offer. Remeber - I.make.best.fikka.ever.

    cinamon buns and cheesecake!

    /Offtop end

    EU must stay away from gambling as far as possible and watch for rioting players (including myself) who are just tired of boredom, lack of excitement. Loot 2.0 is a disasteeer. Keep EU extremely profitable for yourself. Keep your shrinking playerpase happy!

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, but that's not the way the game is atm and neither would be what you're asking for.
    Currently it's just down to luck whether or not you get the necessary multipliers, so winning/loosing is just down to gambling and that needs to change.
    My last runs were all between 66-80% TT-return, so despite the fact that i got more MU out of it than i paid for the materials i was having a big loss and that's not my fault, it's the fault of the game & the super low tt-return it produced.

    Getting lucky at the slot machine to actually get the multipliers necessary for 95% isn't rewarding knowledge, experience or involvement.

    You're confusing luck for knowledge & experience.
    I'm glad that we agree on something.

    And yes, I said that knowledge and co. SHOULD be rewarded.
    That is not how it works now, and that's sad..
    Actually knowledge is useless, involvement is useless, experience is useless, and even skills are pretty much useless..

    Now, IMO, what is get you stuck in this game is that you still believe in "luck".
    The "big ones" that helps you get close to 95%, that comes or not, are not luck.
    It's set to "looks like" luck.
    It works perfectly fine from MA's point of view.

    The day you'll understand that "random factor" in EU is very close to absolute ZERO, you'll start doing better.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm glad that we agree on something.

    And yes, I said that knowledge and co. SHOULD be rewarded.
    That is not how it works now, and that's sad..
    Actually knowledge is useless, involvement is useless, experience is useless, and even skills are pretty much useless..

    Now, IMO, what is get you stuck in this game is that you still believe in "luck".
    The "big ones" that helps you get close to 95%, that comes or not, are not luck.
    It's set to "looks like" luck.
    It works perfectly fine from MA's point of view.

    The day you'll understand that "random factor" in EU is very close to absolute ZERO, you'll start doing better.
    Once it takes 50k clicks to see 95% return, once it takes 15k clicks to see 95% return, once it takes 130k clicks to see 95% return, once it takes 400k clicks to see 95%...
    If it constantly takes only 15k clicks, then you're lucky.
    if it takes you 400k clicks, then you're unlucky.

    it's simple as that. TT-returns and by this winning/loosing is just down to luck.
    And you even agreed in the beginning of your post that it's down to luck and not to knowledge or something like that.

    Oh and btw, i'm not stuck in this game, i'm mainly playing some other MMO atm and just check in every now and then if EU finally got better or if it's still pure gambling.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Once it takes 50k clicks to see 95% return, once it takes 15k clicks to see 95% return, once it takes 130k clicks to see 95% return, once it takes 400k clicks to see 95%...
    If it constantly takes only 15k clicks, then you're lucky.
    if it takes you 400k clicks, then you're unlucky.

    it's simple as that. TT-returns and by this winning/loosing is just down to luck.
    And you even agreed in the beginning of your post that it's down to luck and not to knowledge or something like that.

    Oh and btw, i'm not stuck in this game, i'm mainly playing some other MMO atm and just check in every now and then if EU finally got better or if it's still pure gambling.
    Well well..

    OK, then.. Good "Luck".

  10. #20
    Oh, and in the end I'm glad people have to wait to get their long-awaited 95% return..
    Since in the meanwhile it's what give me the possibility to expect a 120% return.

    Different people, different expectation..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook