PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

5k and the unbalanced luck

Hey MA can u please Nerf 5k points. Its extremly unbalanced. U can do 3 times less dps than strongest hunter in category and lose 10 times less and get 3 times 5k and win. This just does not make sense att all. 5k Points should be nerfed to max 2k or 2,5k so this sheer dumb luck doesnt win the event where u have someone losing 5 times more and cant even come close to it, its extremly unbalanced like i said allready.

Regards MeanMachine

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Livius Beyond Godlike
    Society
    Skyfall
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The MeanMachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey MA can u please Nerf 5k points. Its extremly unbalanced. U can do 3 times less dps than strongest hunter in category and lose 10 times less and get 3 times 5k and win. This just does not make sense att all. 5k Points should be nerfed to max 2k or 2,5k so this sheer dumb luck doesnt win the event where u have someone losing 5 times more and cant even come close to it, its extremly unbalanced like i said allready.

Regards MeanMachine
    What’s 5k points ? Some are barely seeing 100 points , FFA or anihilation same thing.
    "Most of the current complaints we see come from accounts that are within the expected range, we can also state that your returns match the expectations and examples we set in the Dev Notes."
    -144834.90PED since Account Created 2010-12-15
    https://www.twitch.tv/liviuspk

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Edward MrEddie James
    Society
    SHOOT ´N LOOT
    I personally hate this point system based on "luck"..you can shoot all out with pills,amps,enhancer etc and still have some k points short on a good placement...

In past it was like 1 kill = 1 point ...ofc it took out the fun for some ppl bec of lesser dps etc....but you could "count" on this and prepare accordingly..

it was always an event for the "best" hunters in the according category but now...pfff

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    The entire Event system needs a rework ASAP! It isn't the least bit competitive and why many don't even participate in it. Between the point system and then being forced to compete in certain categories eliminates many people from even wanting to do them.

People staying in a category and chipping out the skills they got is hardly competitive for a game that is based on trying to progress your Avatar further. It's counter productive and a backwards system.

If you can cap HP then you can cap Dps so every category should be available and you can only compete in one category. Which would be a far more FAIR system that doesn't devalue the whole point of the game which is to progress further.

If someone is 120 lvl but wants to compete in a lower Category with a tiered Corrosive dagger that is called competitive. It gives you a reason to tier these items, it increases these items values. It means that it isn't the same few people trying to exploit a poorly designed system just to easily get prizes.

Each category should have 100s of Avatars competing and each event we shouldn't know who will even be in the Top 10 for that category. It would be up in the Air because it's actually competitive. If you are capping Dps and HP it is perfectly fair if someone like Messi wants to use low end weapon and win Cat 2. That would be competition and no this isn't "OPEN" like in the past. This is actually competitive if it is truly instanced and stats are capped it's fair for EVERYONE.

Next is the points which obviously needs a rework to eliminate such random factors from being the primary factor in winning. If it's random it isn't competitive.

So much needs to be done to increase participation but you can count many of us out until many changes are put in place. I am not chipping out tons of skills to do a lower category. This is a problem. Just cap the Dps on the Avatar. Give me a reason to tier my dagger for an Event. This stimulates the economy and allows everyone a fair way to do the events.

Give me a reason to tier my Corrosive Attack 8 UL chip to tier 10 I just bought to unlock Intuition. Give people a reason to use these lower weapons now that we just improved the tiering system.

So many ways to make this Event system better and increase the value of items and materials at the same time. Not sure how people call this competitive

This is one of the worst event systems I have seen that is labeled competitive in any game.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-03-2020 at 15:42.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,911 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward-James View Post
    I personally hate this point system based on "luck"..you can shoot all out with pills,amps,enhancer etc and still have some k points short on a good placement...

In past it was like 1 kill = 1 point ...ofc it took out the fun for some ppl bec of lesser dps etc....but you could "count" on this and prepare accordingly..

it was always an event for the "best" hunters in the according category but now...pfff
    If you remove the luck factor it literally just becomes pay to win... Why even have the event at all? Just turn it all into a silent auction event like FFA basically is.

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

ILBE DCINSIDE MASTER
    Society
    MMO"steal your money"RPG

wondering

Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post

People staying in a category and chipping out the skills they got is hardly competitive for a game that is based on trying to progress your Avatar further. It's counter productive and a backwards system.

If you can cap HP then you can cap Dps so every category should be available and you can only compete in one category. Which would be a far more FAIR system that doesn't devalue the whole point of the game which is to progress further.

If someone is 120 lvl but wants to compete in a lower Category with a tiered Corrosive dagger that is called competitive. It gives you a reason to tier these items, it increases these items values. It means that it isn't the same few people trying to exploit a poorly designed system just to easily get prizes.

So much needs to be done to increase participation but you can count many of us out until many changes are put in place. I am not chipping out tons of skills to do a lower category. This is a problem. Just cap the Dps on the Avatar. Give me a reason to tier my dagger for an Event. This stimulates the economy and allows everyone a fair way to do the events.

Give me a reason to tier my Corrosive Attack 8 UL chip to tier 10 I just bought to unlock Intuition. Give people a reason to use these lower weapons now that we just improved the tiering system.

So many ways to make this Event system better and increase the value of items and materials at the same time. Not sure how people call this competitive
    1st. there is something wrong with DPS cap(hard cap)
    im pointing [bigger than,over,above smaller than,below,under, greater than or equal to, less than or equal to(>,</≥, ≤)

Electric Attack Nanochip 13, FEN Edition▶Damage/second:90.8 HP

one of best grind/contestant weapon for cat6(+0.8DPS so its noob weapon for cat7)
    due to new tier system its cheaper? to tier up but who would do that on hypothetical cat6 weapon
    just skillin enough and move on

Ecotron v.15e Prototype▶Damage/second:34.8 HP

one of best grind/contestant weapon for cat1(+0.8DPS so its noob weapon for cat2)

A&P Series Mayhem SB-90, Adjusted▶Damage/second:98.3 HP

this "only exist in vendor atm weapon" "OEIVAW dagger" [oivä]
    is one of best grind/contestant weapon for cat7(+0.3DPS so its noob weapon for cat8/and its da Melee!)

2nd. like what abomb saids make real competitive competition, which people only can participate 4times A year(merry-mayhem survival gone, lets see how easter-mayhem goes)

If someone is 120 lvl but wants to compete in a lower Category with a tiered Corrosive dagger that is called competitive. It gives you a reason to tier these items, it increases these items values.

Give people a reason to use these lower weapons now that we just improved the tiering system.

So many ways to make this Event system better and increase the value of items and materials at the same time.
    also lots of item values dropping lately
    (rings{seasonal,ares},guns{everygun},chips{everych icks},faps{mod2350/mod2600}
    overall all prices dropping, on the other hand deeds(CLD,AUD,AMD??,CP share prices increasing)

suggestion from my small douche brain

ºremoving professions hard cap category1~10instances(soft hp cap, no problemo), make possible to enter lower cat with appropriate DPS weapon(compete in a lower Category with a tiered weapon) like choose few weapon to enter mayhem instance(other weapon locked inside of instance,like new system protected/unprotected)
    blue color seems good or BlackPink color

ºadjustment DPS cap(>,</≥, ≤)(3weapon links i attached like examples)

ºand improving loots(hunting,mining,crafting)

PS.forget about two suggestion keep on remind/consider last and most important bolded one.

thanks for reading
    Last edited by pamascom; 01-12-2020 at 07:00. Reason: forgot the seductive song!!

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Nice post above ILBE DCINSIDE MASTER can't give ya rep need to spread it around.

My Corrosive 8 UL chip is just above Cat 2 at 49.9 Dps and this chip is what I am unlocking Intuition with at 80 level.

Again unsure why someone who is 80, 100 or 150 level can't use their UL items and tier them to compete in any Category. That would increase competition and stimulate a lot of things from a economy and gameplay perspective.

As you suggest it would be easy to allow someone to enter and only use the appropriate Dps for that Category. Instead many sit these events out because it isn't any near close to being competitive. I will just keep skillin since I enjoy that and hope one day they can get these events to a much better place for everyone.

It's confusing when a progression game ( MMORPG ) frowns upon progressing for it's events. Which eliminates players from participating in them.

Everyone is at a different point in their progression which means this leaves some Categories mostly empty. The current event format doesn't work for this type of game.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-04-2020 at 01:10.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,911 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

lol

So i did like 10 + full runs last year and i got zero 5k points . (placed 14-15 ..if 5k points i would be top 5 hahaha IF)
    Totally retarded system !
    RNG to the MAX is not that good ....
    Totally agree on the part to remove prof caps and keep only weapon dps req. per each cat !
    Last edited by Iskren; 01-04-2020 at 07:57.

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Adi Biliwen Wen
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    So you call it competitive if a lvl 120 player would compete in cat 4 with lvl 40-players? Well if i (lvl 98) would compete with my high-tiered low-lvl UL-gear in cat 4 i would call it bullying around with noobs ….

I don't think that MA designed the Mayhem Annihilation Events as a gear competition. Luck is a very important factor to get a good result and i think it is good as it is. New Players (and Players with L-Gear) have a chance to reach a good placement and earn some nice gear over time.

Actually we are only missing the Assault/Survival-Events (gear based/pay to win). But for the players who are on the pay to win trip … well, there is FFA left.

If you are looking for real competition:

MA should create the mayhem-events with special weapons/armors, which are only available in the instance (buy it for tt at the terminal) and should allow no other gear. So every player would have the same chance - based on their skills - in their lvl-range and we would have a real competition.

But i guess if they do so, we would have the same whining-threads as now.

There is nothing wrong in looking for an event that is gear-based for your own tiered UL-weapons. But please - don't call it competitive.

One of the most important things that i have learned in the last few updates: There is no skill needed to tier up a weapon ….

I think that we just need some new categories above cat 10. Maybe each 20 levels. So that there could be the same chance as in lower categories to get a nice placement with L-gear.
    Last edited by Biliwen; 01-04-2020 at 10:56.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Snake Slither Hellfire
    Society
    Dark Templar
    Images
    A&P Series Mayhem SB-90, Adjusted▶Damage/second:98.3 HP

this "only exist in vendor atm weapon" "OEIVAW dagger" [oivä]
    is one of best grind/contestant weapon for cat7(+0.3DPS so its noob weapon for cat8/and its da Melee!)
    cat7 player wouldn't have the skills for the adj sb-90

Always Buying Rugaritz, PM me if you have any amount for sale

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast