PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Allar allarom Mark
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So then, a level 100 looter using 100% Efficiency will get 106% TT returns???
    Why?

Net return for hunters cycling at least 100,000 PED since VU 15.15: 97.29%
    This one was stated before looter level introduced. and we do not know how high efficiency was the "average". if ~65% (can be much higher since top grinders with high eff. alone grind more than all others combined) then it would be +2.45% in case of 100% effciency. In total it would yeld 99.74%
    take my advice, i dont`t use it anyway!

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckiX View Post
    I think, you are thinking too much.

What if:

Nothing of this matter. Because if the loot isn't there. It isn't there. No matter what equip/skills uve got. You will lose.

Efficiency and skills will only mean that person X will lose/gain a BIT less/more than Y. That's it, boss.

This avg. return is in my opinion only based on the time scale, when MA is guessing it will average out over time. Not caring about the fact, that some ppl might be a bit unlucky and only play during "dry" periods.

So at the end, loot skills and efficiency does matter, coz u get WAY more loot when there is loot and you lose a bit less when there isnt.

U remember those days getting 3 globals/multis in 10 mins and those days not getting a global per 5hr hunt? Coz i do. Random? Doesnt exist.
    Some parts correct it is true that someone with 100 looter and 100 efficiency can get 90% for a month. It's pretty random and these 2 things don't really help that much. Not only that efficiency does't give 7% more loot the wording is very tricky. It doesn't work that way at all!

Furthermore your statement on you will get more loot with higher efficiency during good loot times is completely false! You get way less loot during good times because you are efficient . This is why the system doesn't work

As the main factor on how loot distribution actually works is PED spent. If loot is good the lower efficiency you have and PED you put into a mob will generate way bigger HOFs and multipliers. Ever have a mob evade 3 hits in a row then it crits you so you have to heal then it regenerates some and you kill it and get a big HOF? Of course you do because you spent more on that mob so you got more back from a big multiplier. ( the true source of good returns )

This is why some people overamp and use lower efficiency items because it gives you way higher returns during good loot periods.

Example is if someone with 100 looter and 100 efficiency with a bunch of buffs kill a mob that is a big multiplier they never miss, crit a few times and get a HOF of say 1,000

Then someone with zero looter and 7% efficiency kill that very same mob with a smaller weapon and no buffs. They miss a few times, the mob regenerates some. This person will get 10k HOF. It is always a way way bigger payout for this set up and avatar. Which is why we see those odd ball noob HOFs.

Which means it's completely all luck.... Unless you can still read loot waves then it isn't.

The takeaway is looter and efficiency really have very little to do with your returns. (obviously this is bad) The main factor is timing and PED spent on a mob that has a high multiplier during good loot periods.

If you can time the loot wave or if you think you know this mob is the one. You should switch to a very expensive high decay item to load PED into the mob for a big payout. (what does this sound like)

We need a new system without these loot waves. Same old song.... nothing has really changed.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-16-2020 at 11:37.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,911 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mark Rufen Power
    Society
    How To Survive
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    So I think the Looter profession cannot be supposed to affect more than about 1% of your TT returns, and so all it will do is take you from that 99% TT returns which you would get when using 100% efficiency weapons, to 100% TT returns, and that would be the highest TT returns you could get (TT returns above 100% being impossible since Banks never give out free money, and remember MA is a Bank now). Anyone got any evidence or anything that would refute these claims?
    No player said that looter profession affected returns, the builders of this game did, your trying to rationalise how their own statement does not compute, because of posts being made on forums. So either the player is wrong or the manufacturer is wrong? I know which one I'd pick.

I have recently had several runs in the green, overall my log is still over 100% TT returns. Check out my hunting log if you want evidence. Now if looter skill doesn't affect TT returns based on your statement, then that's fine, so maybe it affects the loot composition as well? Either way the looter skill whichever way you take it is invaluable imo.

Whoever says 100% TT returns isn't possible doesn't know much about the mechanics of this game.

Mark Rufen Power: "Profitable hunting with 100% returns? Possible, want to know how? Learn How To Survive & Profit"

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Lamia Majora Pechunter
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    So taxed hunting is an additional 4% less loot or who pays for it?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Allar allarom Mark
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pechunter View Post
    So taxed hunting is an additional 4% less loot or who pays for it?
    Land owner ofcourse. What do you think?
    take my advice, i dont`t use it anyway!

And now some theories....
    Looking at skills that are included in Looter prof stand and it will tell you something.
    Why are there skills that will be almost as hard (or more exactly impossible) to max out
    similar to attributes? Why are there skills included that we don't even gain when doing the
    action related to those prof stands?
    Imo these skills in those prof stands help out with probability to loot certain stuff, and since
    some skills and attributes are more or less impossible to max out, no one can ever be maxed out.
    Skills impact used to be caped at 10k, MA removed that cap for prof stands, but I doubt
    it is removed for each individual skill when it comes to what they do more than having
    a influence in prof stands. We still see some of that old cap in skill UI.
    As GradenFoss mentioned, I doubt we get any bonus or extra by getting better, imo we
    just get less unefficient when it comes to return or what we might get in loot.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by allarom View Post
    Why?

This one was stated before looter level introduced. and we do not know how high efficiency was the "average". if ~65% (can be much higher since top grinders with high eff. alone grind more than all others combined) then it would be +2.45% in case of 100% effciency. In total it would yeld 99.74%
    Oh I'd forgotten Looter professions came later... my bad. That really changes things.
    Check out my blog: Legends' Hunting Blog! and also our Society ad: DIRTY DINGOs
    My Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Graden (Switch) Foss
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    i'm a bit torn on this one, on one hand it would make sense that you need a certain looter level, however, one the other hand it would be pretty bad in regards to team hunting, where you generally would go for mobs which are higher level than you are.

And also, what's with those shared L1119 zombie kong, bad return/penalty for everyone because nobody is looter level 1119+? xD
    Nice observations...

My personal observation is that shooting a mob and shooting the shared version of a mob results in different l00t behaviour. So, handling shared mobs with respect to l00ter skills differently, seems quite possible.

Hunting in team, shared or not, would be a question, whether the deduction is subtractive or fraction-wise... and when it is applied. The final split of l00t for damage inflicted should occur after l00ter skills. Well... quite some possibilities here... plus, raises the question for a team, whether you get different l00t through split vs. leader l00ting (which shouldn′t be the case, but what do you know).

Only being theorizing.

Quote Originally Posted by M Rufen Power View Post
    So either the player is wrong or the manufacturer is wrong? I know which one I'd pick.
    hopefully the player, trusting the manufacturer is usually a bad idea. Bugs may have snuck during the coding and depending on extrensive the testing is, the devs may not have realized those bugs. The players however will, because they usually spend a lot more time with testing and stuff.

It can be minor bugs, like getting stuck somewhere, or even major bugs, like the ones that happened with crafting during loot 2.0.

always take manufacturer statements with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    Some parts correct it is true that someone with 100 looter and 100 efficiency can get 90% for a month. It's pretty random and these 2 things don't really help that much. Not only that efficiency does't give 7% more loot the wording is very tricky. It doesn't work that way at all!

Furthermore your statement on you will get more loot with higher efficiency during good loot times is completely false! You get way less loot during good times because you are efficient . This is why the system doesn't work

As the main factor on how loot distribution actually works is PED spent. If loot is good the lower efficiency you have and PED you put into a mob will generate way bigger HOFs and multipliers. Ever have a mob evade 3 hits in a row then it crits you so you have to heal then it regenerates some and you kill it and get a big HOF? Of course you do because you spent more on that mob so you got more back from a big multiplier. ( the true source of good returns )

This is why some people overamp and use lower efficiency items because it gives you way higher returns during good loot periods.

Example is if someone with 100 looter and 100 efficiency with a bunch of buffs kill a mob that is a big multiplier they never miss, crit a few times and get a HOF of say 1,000

Then someone with zero looter and 7% efficiency kill that very same mob with a smaller weapon and no buffs. They miss a few times, the mob regenerates some. This person will get 10k HOF. It is always a way way bigger payout for this set up and avatar. Which is why we see those odd ball noob HOFs.

Which means it's completely all luck.... Unless you can still read loot waves then it isn't.

The takeaway is looter and efficiency really have very little to do with your returns. (obviously this is bad) The main factor is timing and PED spent on a mob that has a high multiplier during good loot periods.

If you can time the loot wave or if you think you know this mob is the one. You should switch to a very expensive high decay item to load PED into the mob for a big payout. (what does this sound like)
    the thing with this is that the person who always uses low effi guns who gets the big payout lost WAY more before he got it. same with the person with high effi lost way less.
    lets assume someone needs 1 ped to kill a mob and gets 1 time a 100 ped global per 1000 kills.
    then the guy who needs 2 ped to kill same mob can only kill 500 of them. so he might not get the global at all. or he is spending twice as much to kill 1000 mobs to then get a twice as big global. in the end its the same. 95% (made up number) is 95%. the only thing you can do to abuse this insanely bad loot algorithm is quite easy though. if you got a lot of time and use a high efficieny weapon on the same mob you will soon start to recognize when a good loot wave starts. if that happens, immediately take out the low effi gun to abuse the higher return. when it gets bad again switch to high effi until the good wave starts again. rinse and repeat. you lose less during bad periods and win more during good ones. if you hunt 8 hours a day for every day of the week this shouldnt be too hard to do. and getting more than 100% tt return shouldnt be too hard as well with it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast