Looter Professions and your % TT returns

Im LV 60 looter and hunt with a FEN weapon with 84.3 eff, 3.540dpp and 111dps. Loot has been shit lately with 2hrs between globals frequently. It`s extremly volatile, no stability at all with swings from 60% to 100+. I cant ever recalling having 3 profit runs in a row for several years.

I`m not expecting to print money, but no game should cost 100bux to play for 1 day.

This.

(is too short)

My dropoff in tt returns during Mayhem appeared to be because even x10 multis seemed to have vanished for me, let alone x20-25 that made regular enough appearances pre-Mayhem to keep my tt% at 'acceptable'.
I saw some evidence around that higher multis were present for lucky people, but could identify no way of 'knowing' at what sort of rate they were now coming.

The above has put a big shadow over the looter prof question for me. I was, like many, assuming an overall linear difference in tt% of 7% from lvl0-100. Unlike in life, I'm in my mid-30s lol... so assumed that the looter prof means a couple of % compared to total noob. That somehow seems negligable if MA throw other changes at us that mean we go to 90% or worse on run after run.

If we get back to normal soon I shall value the difference provided by looter skills again for sure...

I still believe that low dpp outperforms high dpp in loot2 and the only reason they created the "efficiency statistic" with 0-7% loot bonus is to compensate for that. if you notice its only the new really high dpp weaps with also the really high efficiency as well. That's to compensate and I believe at the end of the day MA is only concerned with theyre own pockets and that nomatter what weapon you use they make exactly the same off it!!!

Im LV 60 looter and hunt with a FEN weapon with 84.3 eff, 3.540dpp and 111dps. Loot has been shit lately with 2hrs between globals frequently. It`s extremly volatile, no stability at all with swings from 60% to 100+. I cant ever recalling having 3 profit runs in a row for several years.

I`m not expecting to print money, but no game should cost 100bux to play for 1 day.

Yea unfortunately looter and efficiency isn't helping as it is proposed to do. It's obvious the loot was changed and anyone that kills a decent amount of mobs can see that.

Yea unfortunately looter and efficiency isn't helping as it is proposed to do. It's obvious the loot was changed and anyone that kills a decent amount of mobs can see that.

My guess is that Looter works just as it should. Looter isn't there to boost return, its there to
reduce unefficiency to the build up of loot.

Imo, one of the reasons why its there is due to when someone do a new report to gambling authority
about EU is just gambling, they can point at the composition of skills and attributes and say
that due to being so low, impression could be that it contain some randomness but it doesn't.
This is the reason why Looter prof stands have skills that are more or less impossible to max out
and we can't even gain them in the interaction related to that prof stand.
Earlier we had mainly attributes that made it impossible for someone to max out prof stands,
now there are also skills included. Sure, you can max out what is shown in the UI but not the
part where each individual skill and attribute have an influence.

and

There are definitely dry periods, I hunted in team with a soc mate last night for almost 4 hours (Feffoid, Allo/Esto, Drones and Droka) and we could not get a global to save our lives... Was one of those runs where you begin to question many of your life decisions.

There is no question that sometimes the loot just isn't there. Saturdays have been especially bad for me. Mondays seem better in general but obviously there is never a time when loot is guaranteed to be good.

Probably the only way to mitigate this right now would be to hunt smaller when loot seems to have dried up, then hunt bigger when loot seems to better.

Legends

There are definitely dry periods, I hunted in team with a soc mate last night for almost 4 hours (Feffoid, Allo/Esto, Drones and Droka) and we could not get a global to save our lives... Was one of those runs where you begin to question many of your life decisions.

There is no question that sometimes the loot just isn't there. Saturdays have been especially bad for me. Mondays seem better in general but obviously there is never a time when loot is guaranteed to be good.

Probably the only way to mitigate this right now would be to hunt smaller when loot seems to have dried up, then hunt bigger when loot seems to better.

Yeah, dry periods definately exist. I recall doing daylie team hunts with Dix, 2-3 hours each evening, globals happened every couple days, returns of sub 90% and then after 3-4 months we did get a 1,6k & 1k hof on an evening, which did put us above 96% return...

Hi

2 Hours...i hunt with an lr65 with and a Beta L Mayhem amp, what gave me the wake up call was yes 8 hours of continuous hunting and i got 1 global AFTER 8 hours. Not 1 global in 8 hours but AFTER 8 hours. and even that was of 60 ped, i wasn't willing to do another 8 hours or give them the opportunity to take another 8 hours of my time and money.

Regards
Tees

Hi

2 Hours...i hunt with an lr65 with and a Beta L Mayhem amp, what gave me the wake up call was yes 8 hours of continuous hunting and i got 1 global AFTER 8 hours. Not 1 global in 8 hours but AFTER 8 hours. and even that was of 60 ped, i wasn't willing to do another 8 hours or give them the opportunity to take another 8 hours of my time and money.

Regards
Tees

Obviously that isn't how the hunter profession is designed to play out. ( At least we hope ) This is why players who finally get that big hit instead of it being a recover HOF it is a I quit HOF and run for the hills and never play again. The current way the hunting profession is set up is to drive players out of the game. Instead of creating an engaging profession where skills, knowledge and gear play a part of your success.

This isn't a successful model for a profession to increase growth in the game. Now on the flip side mining is a stable profession where skills, gear and knowledge actually affect your returns. It's a complete profession. You are always learning and you actually feel like you can win because your decisions, and skill actually change your returns. Hunting feels like a slot machine just hope to pick the lucky one and if you win (stop and don't do it again)

Hunting is a loss no matter what. There are no winners! The more you hunt the greater chance of losing. These are the objective facts. You just know it is a loss, you know there will never be a big HOF and it becomes this disheartening endeavor. I know that the gaming Devs aren't striving for this feeling that most of the community has when it comes to hunting. (yes most of the community feels this way about hunting, keep in mind most of the hunting community isn't on the forums )

It's a shame because hunting is a popular profession but it is by far the worst one to partake in. So we can only hope that MA can make improvements. The only current outcome for hunters is quitting before the big HOF or quitting after the big HOF. This is what you call a lose/lose for the community and MA.

If MA did an in game Hunting poll on how the 4,000+ hunters feel about that profession it would come back overwhelmingly dissatisfied. Perhaps that is something they should do to actually keep perspective and to one day hopefully grow the player base.

Last edited:
Alot of informative posts, thanks, since posting on here, I have thought more on this topic.

To keep it short, looter skills > efficiency hands down. Make sure to skill it up as fast as you possibly can to have an edge over the competition on the same mobs.

I have done multiple tests on whether or not increasing the efficiency rating increases your returns and it clearly does not.

But as someone here pointed out, you can have high efficiency or skills but if the loot ain’t there it ain’t there.

Back