Mining Strongboxes

CaptSpaulding

Provider
I've recently returned to EU after an extended absence. Today while mining I scored tridenite and a mining strongbox. This was my first ever tridenite find, so scratch that off my to do list. But I was unaware mining strongboxes were a thing. I don't keep up with EU innovations like I used to. How common are they now?

FYI, these were found with a stock F-106, no amps, no enhancements, lvl 37 prospector.

Got since months no mining box, and i realy cycled a lot probes/peds.

These qre quite rare, and I don't think it matters what type of finder you use. You can check their current markup on auction, I think it should be around 20 ped or so. But in general it's a SOOTO, just like hansidian stones which are also found in a similar manner.

Yeah, that's what I suspected. I checked the auction, then bought some keys for the mining box and the Christmas box I never got around to opening.

There's a very rare chance you will get an UL level 1-4 amp by opening these. Speculation is that this has replaced getting the amps directly through SooTOs, though I get the feeling they stopped dropping years before that.

There's a very rare chance you will get an UL level 1-4 amp by opening these. Speculation is that this has replaced getting the amps directly through SooTOs, though I get the feeling they stopped dropping years before that.

I had read that and it was the reason I bought the keys. I got a handful of amphetamines and some universal ammo but not one stinking amp.

Last edited:
Back