PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It may sound strange to use the expression 'trickle down economics' here, but I believed players higher than me didn't want to waste time doing noob stuff, but needed noob produce and were prepared to pay mu for it. Whether it's sweat or force nexus or whatever, the market doesn't provide the 'climb' that it used to. I think that is more of a problem than loot drops as such...
    Rocktropia has done quite a good job in regards to trickle down economy, imo.

    Furniture & Armor plates all need sweat, common ores and some hunting loot to make.
    Attachment & Vehicles, after i reworked their BPs (i suggested , ND implanted the suggestions), were using level 1-50 mob loot as ingredients. The attachment BP changes worked out quite nicely, imo, untill MA brought their Armatrix amps.

    So people outfitting their shops & getting vehicles were trickling money down to newer players.

    And then there's ofc the popshop for big time investors, where you can buy instances, houses etc. with bananas which are droping from l0 to l1119 mobs.

    However, trickle down economy only works, when rich people don't mind losing money. If rich people only want to get profit and make more money, then the whole trickle down economy doesn't happen and it's trickle up instead.

    Edit: EP recycle & armament device II gamblers , who are you trying to get the ATH and don't care much about losses, are the ones who create a trickle down economy.

  2. #12
    I've hunted since pregold and i'm also the nostalgic type. I think memory can definitely trick you, like only remembering the sunny holiday memories from your childhood. Of course we remember HOF boards with more than one 20k atrox young, pictures of loot windows with several ul eon parts and people looting mod mercs. I've looted several cool ul items myself back in the day (which wasn't worth as much back then) but I can also remember having the most frustrating times in this game. Loot was all over the place. You could go days with 40-50% returns. Totally devastating hunts. It was a total hit or miss. The top 10 ubers might tell you otherwise but for most people it was loose heavily for weeks, and then hit the jackpot (or not) and bounce back.

    Honestly, loot 2.0 is better because it distributes the loot more evenly. Most hunter get at least 90% returns, but you don't see those 200k solo loots anymore, which is fine. Shrap is boring, so was no loots and oil. We always wanted more items in loot, also back then.

  3. #13
    Prowler Legends's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Canada
    Avatar
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Posts
    1,191
    Images
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Killahbee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only shrapnel, items are extinct for casual/normal/medium players. You would loot atleast a few armor parts on a regular hunt, maybe some MF chips. It's like, maybe you will loot an item on 10k cycled now.... lol, but probably not
    Seriously, wth are you talking about...??? What planet are you on???

    I did a very small run on Feffoids at Fort Fury recently, only had to kill 200 Feffoids for the TP chip upgrade at Ithaca. How long does it take to kill 200 Feffoids? 1.5 hours?

    Within that time, I hit a global with a Martial Harness and a pair of Thunderbird Arm guards, and then another global with a full tt Kinetic chip.

    So I really don't agree when you say you need to cycle 10k ped to get an item, it's just not true.

    Legends
    Complete Armor Guide <--- Find out everything there is to know about Armor
    My Armor Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop
    Check out my blog: Legends' Hunting Blog!

  4. #14
    Prowler Legends's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Canada
    Avatar
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Posts
    1,191
    Images
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmartigan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if loot was EXACTLY back then when you started, a perfect replica of what we’ve had now for the past 2-3 years, would you have invested and stuck around?
    Yes because that's not what it's about for me.

    If you go play WoW and try to tell Blizzard that the virtual items and gold you've accumulated in the game is yours to do whatever you want with and tell them you are going to sell everything for real money, they're just going to lock your account and take everything from you.

    Same thing with all the other MMOs I know.

    So, Entropia has always been very unique in that respect, you really truly own the virtual items and money you have in the game, and you can sell it, it's okay.

    If loot is really really bad, I just find a different activity to do, or a different way, I mean isn't that the very definition of (in)sanity?

    Legends
    Complete Armor Guide <--- Find out everything there is to know about Armor
    My Armor Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop
    Check out my blog: Legends' Hunting Blog!

  5. #15
    Guardian
    Joined
    Apr 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Avatar
    Madmartigan Maxell Maximus
    Society
    Team Fire Forge
    Posts
    313
    Images
    6
    All great points from different (and respected) points of view. I think for me, it’s always been the thrill of the swirls. It just bores me to see 5k value in my loot window (yes I use them still haha) and it’s literally one thing.. shrapnel. Everyone chooses this game for different entertainment purposes, and for me it was the fun looting of things in the past that keep me around today.

    They can do things to make hunting fun like the past, they just choose not to. My hope is that before my interest fades, something happens to keep me and new players coming around.

  6. #16
    Prowler jambon's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Ottawa
    Avatar
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    1,480
    Images
    147
    The composition of loot has changed greatly as the game evolved over the years.

    There were definitely definable "ages" if you will of general loot compositions. There's a bit of blur between these changes but roughly I recall that:


    • In the early days it was very much filled with UL items (guns, armor, paintings, furniture..etc) and actual peds.
    • Then it was thought that dropping peds was too close to being a "casino" so it was changed to animal oil residue and ammo.
    • Then MA started realizing that giving away UL gear is isn't the way to build an economy so you started seeing much less UL gear (except low level crap) and more L gear in loots. At this time there were still lootables like paintings and masks.
    • Then with the creation of rocket launchers and people complaining about oil residue and valueless items in loot so we started seeing more explosive projectiles in the loot and less oil residue and items like paintings and masks.
    • Then MA pioneered the EP blueprint as a way to isolate gamblers and stabilize the economy. They also came up with shrapnel as a substitute main loot to replace explosive projectiles, ammo and some oils. Shrapnel being something that has a guaranteed exchange of 101% (via conversion).
    • It was around this time other planet partners started getting serious and coming up with their own economies and loot compositions.



    And this is pretty much where we stand now. The primary loot on Caly is shrapnel. Items loots are rare and are almost always L items. And it is quite boring. But to be fair there isn't a simple fix to this. You can't just slap a ton of different types of stuff in the loot to make it interesting.

    Look at Rocktropia, I'd argue they have the most diverse loot composition of any planet in the game. Go hunt any mob and you'll wind up getting 20-30 different types of stuff in your loot. The problem is, almost all of it has no value because the planet is pretty much dead and true development has appeared to have stopped (so much wasted potential... most people don't even realize.).

    So yeah... loot was more exciting a bit back in the day when you could loot interesting things like clothes, furniture and UL guns regularly. It would be good for them to revisit dropping cool items again. Maybe loot doesn't always have to be high markup resources for crafting. But maybe just some unique items. Think L backpacks (that actually store stuff), L fun mini-vehicles (think like the old witch broom gift)...etc. Who knows what the future will hold though.


    Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

  7. #17
    Mutated mastermesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Billy Bar
    Avatar
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Posts
    14,738
    Blog Entries
    10
    Images
    1746
    Loot sucked back then... still does, but now it's much slower drain than back then.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmartigan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I am a firm believer that what made this game EXCITING and WORTH playing was the fact you could loot some pretty neat shit. When I started in 2004.. the sky was the limit when it came to hunting. For those in disbelief, have a peek at the HOF section from 2004-2010.

    I am curious to the old timers and any of those that remember.. if loot was EXACTLY back then when you started, a perfect replica of what we’ve had now for the past 2-3 years, would you have invested and stuck around? Maybe I’m stuck living in purgatory nostalgia, but man am I disappointed in what loot has evolved into.

    I see these threads about returns, loss, profit, frustrations. I could care less about returns/profit/loss.. this is entertainment and money is just money. Make EU great again god dammit.

    Curious what others think!
    They allready stack away hahaha they were looting ESIs from exosaurus infront of my eyes Those that seek just profit they stack yes. But those that seek fun and still have a decent chance to profit if they are smart same time are still around for nostalgia i guess. I cant stop playing it either Plus the game has enourmous potential

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by The MeanMachine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They allready stack away hahaha they were looting ESIs from exosaurus infront of my eyes Those that seek just profit they stack yes. But those that seek fun and still have a decent chance to profit if they are smart same time are still around for nostalgia i guess. I cant stop playing it either
    U have to remember this is just a game also so u have to enjoy it in the first place

  10. #20
    Dominant tekmaster82's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    James Jimbo Gumb
    Posts
    420
    Images
    11
    Well there's this that dropped today. Maybe the UL stuff gets selectively sprinkled in by the balancing manager? Who knows...

    https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...eling-generous

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook