Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Madmartigan Maxell Maximus
    Society
    Team Fire Forge
    Images

Loot now (present) versus years past

So I am a firm believer that what made this game EXCITING and WORTH playing was the fact you could loot some pretty neat shit. When I started in 2004.. the sky was the limit when it came to hunting. For those in disbelief, have a peek at the HOF section from 2004-2010.

I am curious to the old timers and any of those that remember.. if loot was EXACTLY back then when you started, a perfect replica of what we’ve had now for the past 2-3 years, would you have invested and stuck around? Maybe I’m stuck living in purgatory nostalgia, but man am I disappointed in what loot has evolved into.

I see these threads about returns, loss, profit, frustrations. I could care less about returns/profit/loss.. this is entertainment and money is just money. Make EU great again god dammit.

Curious what others think!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    entropia is very dynamic ... thing is, mindark seems quite slomo or even static

btw one can still loot nice stuffs, but nowadays it's more often my GF than me...

but why not, i ask you? she kinda deserves it too!
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Team Fire Forge
    Images
    Yes I get it.. things do still drop.. at the pace of Zimbabwe’s space program.

You didn’t answer the question:p

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Livius Beyond Godlike
    Society
    Skyfall
    Images
    Nvm..... wrong thread
    Last edited by livius; 01-16-2020 at 19:16.
    "Most of the current complaints we see come from accounts that are within the expected range, we can also state that your returns match the expectations and examples we set in the Dev Notes."
    -144834.90PED since Account Created 2010-12-15
    https://www.twitch.tv/liviuspk

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Images
    Only shrapnel, items are extinct for casual/normal/medium players. You would loot atleast a few armor parts on a regular hunt, maybe some MF chips. It's like, maybe you will loot an item on 10k cycled now.... lol, but probably not

You created your account
    2004-12-21.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Killahbee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only shrapnel, items are extinct for casual/normal/medium players. You would loot atleast a few armor parts on a regular hunt, maybe some MF chips. It's like, maybe you will loot an item on 10k cycled now.... lol, but probably not
    Well, we did ask for that to stop so that we could have a craft based economy.... except.. we don't have that.

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Team Fire Forge
    Images
    But no one is answering the question haha! I truly want to know your answers!

If MA say to me today.. Mad, loot forever = this BS.. get outta the past.. I’d literally just go buy a boat and fuck around all day. I think because they won’t, they claim it’s all possible to be looted, and I’m just ignorant and addictive compulsive, I ignore the obvious

I needed a good laugh. Here’s the initial question:

if loot was EXACTLY back then when you started, a perfect replica of what we’ve had now for the past 2-3 years, would you have invested and stuck around?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Dave Ace Flyster
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Probably much better now than it use to be! (although the markup is far far lower now)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...-TT-returns-90

Rgds

Ace
    2nd published novel: 'The Shadow Grounds'
    1st published novel: 'The Eyes of the Devil'
    Book 3 - Working Title 'The Meeting of Worlds' - 25%
    Book 4 - Sci-Fi Book - No title yet - 10%

If loot & returns would be like when i've started, in july 2014, then i would return and invest again.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmartigan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... if loot was EXACTLY back then when you started, a perfect replica of what we’ve had now for the past 2-3 years, would you have invested and stuck around?
    Curious what others think!
    I'm not sure it was the drops back then that kept me around compared to today, but the mus on stuff were higher and fluctuated higher than now. Obviously I started as a noob, so I was getting pixie parts, fap-5 and so on. Getting those in loot as a noob today probably wouldn't help much as the mu would drop to barely above tt.

A bit later, being able to loot an occassional esi while still at noobish level WAS good. NOT getting that in loot now would make it more likely for me not to stick around.

Frankly, I don't know what a noob is supposed to do now. I went from sweating to swunting and then to hunting, so the 'invest' part of your question is a time investment in my case.

It may sound strange to use the expression 'trickle down economics' here, but I believed players higher than me didn't want to waste time doing noob stuff, but needed noob produce and were prepared to pay mu for it. Whether it's sweat or force nexus or whatever, the market doesn't provide the 'climb' that it used to. I think that is more of a problem than loot drops as such...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast