these trees are strong

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
Do y'all ever take a break from hunting to just climb up and chill in the trees, or just me?

monkey_boi_554573.jpg

Looks pretty! Nice screen shot way to enjoy the view. Last time I was there hunting Feffox I got lagged out and DCed when logging back in I was in a tree.

Yepper.

Used to be things like Spiral Mountain - now it be trees :)

What is "spiral mountain"?

What is "spiral mountain"?

One of the landmarks of the old days, a conical spire of a mountain out in the wilderness that had a spiral track you could walk up to the top.

I think it was mentioned that the top was the highest spot on Eudoria.

Nope, not in game anymore. Got removed when they converted over to cryEngine.

Why would they remove something like that ...I don't get it - getting rid of things people like? Makes absolutely no sense to me. How sad. I remember this game (playing under a different avatar) and it is so different now...the views and lanscapes are still amazing, but something is lost.

Why would they remove something like that ...I don't get it - getting rid of things people like? Makes absolutely no sense to me. How sad. I remember this game (playing under a different avatar) and it is so different now...the views and lanscapes are still amazing, but something is lost.

They didn't know how to put things back the way there were when new game engine was introduced. Still lots of things are all icky because of that change.

There are many fun and interesting things and places gone now that I used to enjoy. Seems to be the way with MA

They didn't know how to put things back the way there were when new game engine was introduced. Still lots of things are all icky because of that change.

Ah, I guess planning is not their stronger virtue. A simple thing like converting a graphic bit just like any other bit in their graphics database...very wrong approach. Killing fun never works well with the players

Neat! Thanks for sharing this.

I wish I could have played during this time... every time I see the older pics of the game, I really like the style a lot more than the current. It has a much cooler retro vibe. Seems like everyone has really fond memories of the game at that time.

May I join you ? :laugh:

That does look like fun!!! :wtg:

Awesome, we should build a tree fort!

I wish I could have played during this time... every time I see the older pics of the game, I really like the style a lot more than the current. It has a much cooler retro vibe. Seems like everyone has really fond memories of the game at that time.

It was fantastic back then. Stronger player community, lots of excitement over the new (then) world to explore...Teleporter runs (no cars), sweat camps (there was very popular spot in Limnadian District). I think quite a few people remain in the game because of these memories. I'm one of them. As I like to explain to my friends and family - I'm in PE because of the landscapes:) - just love to roam around and do nothing...and think of "good old days".

Seems like everyone has really fond memories of the game at that time.

For sure. But there's a small paradox here. The game itself was a pile of shit technically and the vibe and so on was player-made. Events, apps, whatnot.

I am myself nostalgic of certain sensations and such, is human nature, but current game has also alot to offer. It's up to current players to do exactly what we were doing back then: squeeze the most out of what the game puts at your disposal.

Awesome, we should build a tree fort!
It was awesome. The game is getting dialed back in, but very slowly. I miss it.

Back