Entropia Universe 17.0.4 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Fixed issues:
  • The Error Message UI will no longer be hidden by fullscreen windows, in dungeons or by user controlled mob
  • Fixed an issue where you cannot see the new makeup until you released left mouse button
  • Fixed an issue where the Ad Screens background showed up as black
  • Fixed an issue where some custom textures became black

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Fixed an issue for me being able to log in :scratch2:

No, it's abnormally slow.

yes indeed.

I had a full TT (L) rifle with tier ratings all above 1k.
Got it to tier 5 untill it broke.

The effect of “Tier increase rates” is currently not working as intended with the tiering changes

Just waiting for this fix please mindark. Much appreciated

Teleportation chip is not working properly. It pulls up the map but then I can't place the marker on the map. It appears and vanishes again.

Forget that. It works OK on relog.

when will those irritating red messages be removed that pop up right in front of your screen?

I am sad the update broke my client loader again

no mining payback fix??? :mad::mad::mad:

Not that i like to complain but this is true.

As for getting a payback, we can all put it where you know.

Memory leak

Last few weeks there has been a huge memory leak and I had to relog during play when it got too big.
If I went AFK for a while my computer ran out of memory.
Trying to log out my machine would hang up trying to release all that memory.
I had to use the task manager to kill the Entropia process.

I flew to Arcadia moon before the patch.
Last night and this morning on Arcadia moon after the patch I had no such issues.
Maybe because I was moving around mining? but it did seem way more responsive.
Ill have to verify this when I get back to Calypso (fingers crossed)

I know they are tweaking it because things are getting better and better with time.
The Moon is looking great and alot of the gorgeous colors are back.

Now my biggest pain in the new graphics release is not logging in at 1600x1200 and having to manually resize every time.

The other thing I find weird is why we are not able to use real full screen.
It's much more efficient and I rarely had memory issues before the update.

I am very happy about the state of the graphics.
Some things may never look as good as they did but the trade off for what is really great now is worth it IMO.
Cheers :yay:
I know they can make it much better and am looking forward to it.

Please hurry up on fixing tier rates.
It's pure torture now.

Rock

70%-80% tt return looks normal for u?

I'm typically getting at least around 90% over a few runs, so I wouldn't call that normal, but it wouldn't seem to be on MA's end either. It likely comes more down to mining style giving that variation.

Last edited:
Arkadia fixes

I have notice no more "UNREACHABLE" Gallards at Machinery plant after the update.

As far as I can tell, tiering is working okay?

I just shot a CDF M91 (L) last night with a Tier 1 rate of 3684 - took ~618 shots to get it to Tier 1.
Not sure if that's working correctly or not...

The effect of “Tier increase rates” is currently not working as intended with the tiering changes

Just waiting for this fix please mindark. Much appreciated

Completely by design. They increased the rate but increased the amount needed by 10.

There are IMO, specific reasons for this change, and people will not like it over time. Part of why I was so against them.

For one, those who did tier lost all the costs of the materials, since in the future people will not consider these as costs, being the new norm is TT back. Some items its 50k + tt that was lost.

For two, they IMO cannot allow all of these fen/mayhem weapons to get high tier. They see the numbers from the few who did, and are adjusting.

For three, now that you get zero materials back, the comps and gems will become even more rare, and higher totals of lost markups (which will also be higher) (we only get TT back now).

All by design to slow it down.

Completely by design. They increased the rate but increased the amount needed by 10.

There are IMO, specific reasons for this change, and people will not like it over time. Part of why I was so against them.

For one, those who did tier lost all the costs of the materials, since in the future people will not consider these as costs, being the new norm is TT back. Some items its 50k + tt that was lost.

For two, they IMO cannot allow all of these fen/mayhem weapons to get high tier. They see the numbers from the few who did, and are adjusting.

For three, now that you get zero materials back, the comps and gems will become even more rare, and higher totals of lost markups (which will also be higher) (we only get TT back now).

All by design to slow it down.

But they actually said it's *not* working as intended.

Memory leak

Calypso Memory leak pretty much fixed.
Thanks.
Stayed around 2Gig system memory on CP.
Stayed around 4Gig on calypso.
Left AFK and got an out memory error but not completely maxed out so I was able to log out much faster.
Keep it coming!
What about the smog????:smoke:

Rock!!!

Back