PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: Can you profit hunting? From scratch with a 10k budget?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 46.30%
  • No

29 53.70%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
    Society
    Silly Underground Family
    Images

Profit with 10k budget?

The following situation, hypothetical:
    I have 300k skills distributed in all professions and a 10k ped budget.
    No weapons/armor/fap/rings, no equipment at all. Everything has to be bought..

Can I profit while only hunting? That is after I purchase the gear needed. With the current system and MA that keeps pushing to increase to cost to play I think it's impossible.

Let's say mobs with at least 200hp. Please explain

You created your account
    2004-12-21.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Philippus SoberPhil Maximus
    I think this would depend on the gear you choose to buy and the mob you pick to hunt. I take it that with that budget youíre going to use limited weapons mostly, MU on those is PED lost on the spot, while most of the decay should be returned in mob loot. 200-300 HP mobs means youíll have about 1 PED cost to kill. Itís hard for me to asses how many mobs youíll be able to kill, Iíll just assume about 8-8.5k before converting shrapnel, and after that it would depend on how much shrapnel you have in loot, so the amount of mobs killed could easily double. This is a good amount, youíll most likely get a HOF or several even.

What Iím supposed to say next is that to break even (maybe even profit) youíll need to pick a mob with markup to compensate for TT difference in returns. However, Iíve been struggling to find such a mob in that HP range myself, some have MU, but itís not enough most times, so you need other activities to break even or at least have a better chance at it. Maybe it requires one of those expensive high efficiency weapons, but I donít know since I donít own one, and you are limited by your budget.

If you plan to run this experiment, I would definitely be interested to know the results. But thereís just too many variables in loot calculations, many of which we donít know/fully understand (heck even the weather may play a part for all I know), which means that if someone else attempts to do the same thing they will have a different result. Itís known that one of these variables is turnover, and you must have cycled a large amount of PEDs to reach 300k skills, while another player would have cycled more/less. Also there's the looter profession, but as far as I know no one is able to pinpoint what it does EXACTLY, because measuring its effects seems to be impossible.

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Killahbee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The following situation, hypothetical:
    I have 300k skills distributed in all professions and a 10k ped budget.
    No weapons/armor/fap/rings, no equipment at all. Everything has to be bought..

Can I profit while only hunting? That is after I purchase the gear needed. With the current system and MA that keeps pushing to increase to cost to play I think it's impossible.

Let's say mobs with at least 200hp. Please explain
    Yes you can.

Easy.

Buy 5 CLD's and go watch TV.

Cunning Haruto Rat
    Society
    fode et fuge
    Images
    Yes, but:
    • it will be quite boring,
    • if you want to stay on one mob, you'll spend less than 1/3 of time shooting and the rest waiting for your loot to sell*,
    • and it's not guaranteed to work two months from now as MUs change.

*edit - no, and no "let's just tt the adrenal and keep shooting". You'll have to sell it, that will also keep you from crashing MU on the other loot. :P

Also, for obvious reasons the options cannot be discussed on a public forum.
    There are many ways to skin a cat but just one way to boil a frog.

NO.

10K$ only would do it.

But not by hunting.

Buy a land or deeds.

Provider
    tyires tyirepl tyirepl
    Images
    100% prossible, those who say different are wrong "you loose cuz u do this or that wrong and don't know how to play at all, noobs, i profit all time all day long and i withdraw more then i depo".

Get Z12 Barbarella from starter pack, fly to Rocktropia and swunt level 1 vixens. They drop vixen android gear which is about 250% now nad you get 10 sweat from each mob. With no skill it will take approximately 30-60 seconds to kill.

This way you can kill 10k mobs in let's say 7,5k minutes (125hours). 10k mobs will let you avoid loot swings and you will even out to 95% tt return. Losses will be covered by loot markup and sweat will let you to get profit!

this way you can cycle approximately 500 ped in two weeks assuming you are going to hunt 9 hour per day. I guess you can easily get 102% after markup and sweat so you will be 10 ped on green!

Plus you get skills for free!!! I broke the system! Holy f*ck I am genius! No more losses!
    Last edited by Geralt; 01-21-2020 at 14:34.

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    100% prossible, those who say different "do this or that wrong and don't know how to play at all, noobs".

Get Z12 Barbarella from starter pack, fly to Rocktropia and swunt level 1 vixens. They drop vixen android gear which is about 250% now nad you get 10 sweat from each mob. With no skill it will take approximately 30-60 seconds to kill.

This way you can kill 10k mobs in let's say 7,5k minutes (125hours). 10k mobs will let you avoid loot swings and you will even out to 95% tt return. Losses will be covered by loot markup and sweat will let you to get profit!

this way you can cycle approximately 1000 ped in two weeks assuming you are going to hunt 9 hour per day. I guess you can easily get 102% after markup and sweat so you will be 20 ped on green!

Plus you get skills for free!!! I broke the system! Holy f*ck I am a genius! No more losses!
    when doing this, don't forget to check your health insurance first to see if mental healthcare is also covered.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Dave Ace Flyster
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    You can probably profit at any level in game. Its just a matter of finding that niche. But no one is publicly going to tell you, unless they want to lose the advantage they have.

(Never forgot, in order for you to profit another has to lose!)

Rgds

Ace
    2nd published novel: 'The Shadow Grounds'
    1st published novel: 'The Eyes of the Devil'
    Book 3 - Working Title 'The Meeting of Worlds' - 25%
    Book 4 - Sci-Fi Book - No title yet - 10%

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    True TJ Juan
    Society
    Cz-Sk Crows
    Images
    No one that profits will tell you HOW You are not up against MindArk here, you are up against other players. Problem is, people do not understand this.

So when someone says, MA ROBBED ME AGAIN, the reality is OTHER PLAYERS OUTSMARTED ME...

MA just gives us the platform, and takes a CUT... very simple.

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by True Juan View Post
    No one that profits will tell you HOW You are not up against MindArk here, you are up against other players. Problem is, people do not understand this.

So when someone says, MA ROBBED ME AGAIN, the reality is OTHER PLAYERS OUTSMARTED ME...

MA just gives us the platform, and takes a CUT... very simple.
    Everybody already knows how.
    It's no secret.

When wanting to profit with hunting, it's all about MU.
    And so be it also efficiency which, according to MA, should add the 0~7% extra return.

Small mobs like cornundacauda's drop focus lenses.
    Troopers drop adaptive fire rate components
    etc etc.

Also to keep in mind that those MU materials tend to drop in waves.
    If they aren't dropping, stop shooting.

So, it;s no secret. You just have to look at the auction to see what pays MU and search the mob that drops it.

*edit*
    alternatively you can try things like this:
    https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...s-around-world

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast