Profit with 10k budget?

Can you profit hunting? From scratch with a 10k budget?

• Total voters

Killahbee

Marauder
Society
illuminox
Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
The following situation, hypothetical:
I have 300k skills distributed in all professions and a 10k ped budget.
No weapons/armor/fap/rings, no equipment at all. Everything has to be bought..

Can I profit while only hunting? That is after I purchase the gear needed. With the current system and MA that keeps pushing to increase to cost to play I think it's impossible.

Let's say mobs with at least 200hp. Please explain

I think this would depend on the gear you choose to buy and the mob you pick to hunt. I take it that with that budget you’re going to use limited weapons mostly, MU on those is PED lost on the spot, while most of the decay should be returned in mob loot. 200-300 HP mobs means you’ll have about 1 PED cost to kill. It’s hard for me to asses how many mobs you’ll be able to kill, I’ll just assume about 8-8.5k before converting shrapnel, and after that it would depend on how much shrapnel you have in loot, so the amount of mobs killed could easily double. This is a good amount, you’ll most likely get a HOF or several even.

What I’m supposed to say next is that to break even (maybe even profit) you’ll need to pick a mob with markup to compensate for TT difference in returns. However, I’ve been struggling to find such a mob in that HP range myself, some have MU, but it’s not enough most times, so you need other activities to break even or at least have a better chance at it. Maybe it requires one of those expensive high efficiency weapons, but I don’t know since I don’t own one, and you are limited by your budget.

If you plan to run this experiment, I would definitely be interested to know the results. But there’s just too many variables in loot calculations, many of which we don’t know/fully understand (heck even the weather may play a part for all I know), which means that if someone else attempts to do the same thing they will have a different result. It’s known that one of these variables is turnover, and you must have cycled a large amount of PEDs to reach 300k skills, while another player would have cycled more/less. Also there's the looter profession, but as far as I know no one is able to pinpoint what it does EXACTLY, because measuring its effects seems to be impossible.

The following situation, hypothetical:
I have 300k skills distributed in all professions and a 10k ped budget.
No weapons/armor/fap/rings, no equipment at all. Everything has to be bought..

Can I profit while only hunting? That is after I purchase the gear needed. With the current system and MA that keeps pushing to increase to cost to play I think it's impossible.

Let's say mobs with at least 200hp. Please explain

Yes you can.

Easy.

Buy 5 CLD's and go watch TV.

:thumbup:

Yes, but:
  • it will be quite boring,
  • if you want to stay on one mob, you'll spend less than 1/3 of time shooting and the rest waiting for your loot to sell*,
  • and it's not guaranteed to work two months from now as MUs change.

*edit - no, and no "let's just tt the adrenal and keep shooting". You'll have to sell it, that will also keep you from crashing MU on the other loot. :p

Also, for obvious reasons the options cannot be discussed on a public forum.

100% prossible, those who say different are wrong "you loose cuz u do this or that wrong and don't know how to play at all, noobs, i profit all time all day long and i withdraw more then i depo".

Get Z12 Barbarella from starter pack, fly to Rocktropia and swunt level 1 vixens. They drop vixen android gear which is about 250% now nad you get 10 sweat from each mob. With no skill it will take approximately 30-60 seconds to kill.

This way you can kill 10k mobs in let's say 7,5k minutes (125hours). 10k mobs will let you avoid loot swings and you will even out to 95% tt return. Losses will be covered by loot markup and sweat will let you to get profit!

this way you can cycle approximately 500 ped in two weeks assuming you are going to hunt 9 hour per day. I guess you can easily get 102% after markup and sweat so you will be 10 ped on green!

Plus you get skills for free!!! I broke the system! Holy f*ck I am genius! No more losses! :yay::yay::yay:

Last edited:
100% prossible, those who say different "do this or that wrong and don't know how to play at all, noobs".

Get Z12 Barbarella from starter pack, fly to Rocktropia and swunt level 1 vixens. They drop vixen android gear which is about 250% now nad you get 10 sweat from each mob. With no skill it will take approximately 30-60 seconds to kill.

This way you can kill 10k mobs in let's say 7,5k minutes (125hours). 10k mobs will let you avoid loot swings and you will even out to 95% tt return. Losses will be covered by loot markup and sweat will let you to get profit!

this way you can cycle approximately 1000 ped in two weeks assuming you are going to hunt 9 hour per day. I guess you can easily get 102% after markup and sweat so you will be 20 ped on green!

Plus you get skills for free!!! I broke the system! Holy f*ck I am a genius! No more losses! :yay::yay::yay:

when doing this, don't forget to check your health insurance first to see if mental healthcare is also covered.

You can probably profit at any level in game. Its just a matter of finding that niche. But no one is publicly going to tell you, unless they want to lose the advantage they have.

(Never forgot, in order for you to profit another has to lose!)

Rgds

Ace

No one that profits will tell you HOW :D You are not up against MindArk here, you are up against other players. Problem is, people do not understand this.

So when someone says, MA ROBBED ME AGAIN, the reality is OTHER PLAYERS OUTSMARTED ME...

MA just gives us the platform, and takes a CUT... very simple.

No one that profits will tell you HOW :D You are not up against MindArk here, you are up against other players. Problem is, people do not understand this.

So when someone says, MA ROBBED ME AGAIN, the reality is OTHER PLAYERS OUTSMARTED ME...

MA just gives us the platform, and takes a CUT... very simple.

Everybody already knows how.
It's no secret.

When wanting to profit with hunting, it's all about MU.
And so be it also efficiency which, according to MA, should add the 0~7% extra return.

Small mobs like cornundacauda's drop focus lenses.
Troopers drop adaptive fire rate components
etc etc.

Also to keep in mind that those MU materials tend to drop in waves.
If they aren't dropping, stop shooting.

So, it;s no secret. You just have to look at the auction to see what pays MU and search the mob that drops it.

*edit*
alternatively you can try things like this:
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/79409/14-good-luck-superstitions-around-world

Everybody already knows how.
It's no secret.

When wanting to profit with hunting, it's all about MU.
And so be it also efficiency which, according to MA, should add the 0~7% extra return.

Small mobs like cornundacauda's drop focus lenses.
Troopers drop adaptive fire rate components
etc etc.

Also to keep in mind that those MU materials tend to drop in waves.
If they aren't dropping, stop shooting.

So, it;s no secret. You just have to look at the auction to see what pays MU and search the mob that drops it.

*edit*
alternatively you can try things like this:
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/79409/14-good-luck-superstitions-around-world

This is like a Christmas miracle , first good post i read from you lmao

I used in past predator m83 and i was at 95% tt return. Was super hard to make profit most i was doing on mayhem events farming boxes/tokens bla/bla.
After fen i decided to use only high eff weapons so i didnt farm with weapons under 82/83% eff ( used Lp70 fen and fen claws) and i really felt the difference i ended 2019 with 97,3% return. Im happy with that ? TT yes but wish there was more markup opportunities outside mayhem events.

What i want to say eff does matter not like some dudes here to claims things and they do 200 ped runs. Imo try to see what can you use UL and get best EFF then find something that will give you best markup per 1-2hours.

Last edited:
Hint: get a dominax mamba or viper ul you can breakeven 100% ... low profit but guaranteed.

Mobs with at least 200 HP is what's killing it for me.

For one thing, 10K bankroll is only enough to comfortably grind mobs just barely above that threshold. For another thing, there is a lot of markup to be had in the below 200 HP threshold.
Exarosaur youngs are one of the most profitable mobs to hunt by raw % due to the low cost to kill and high markup of blazar fragments. During a relatively brief test I was getting blazars about every 10th kill, and the markup on the blazars fully covered the cost to kill the mob. The result was a profit margin on anything above 90% TT returns.
And since blazar fragments are used so extensively in ArMatrix blueprint farming it's a hard market to flood.

Mobs with at least 200 HP is what's killing it for me.

For one thing, 10K bankroll is only enough to comfortably grind mobs just barely above that threshold. For another thing, there is a lot of markup to be had in the below 200 HP threshold.
Exarosaur youngs are one of the most profitable mobs to hunt by raw % due to the low cost to kill and high markup of blazar fragments. During a relatively brief test I was getting blazars about every 10th kill, and the markup on the blazars fully covered the cost to kill the mob. The result was a profit margin on anything above 90% TT returns.
And since blazar fragments are used so extensively in ArMatrix blueprint farming it's a hard market to flood.

are there any untaxed exa young spots? asking for a friend

Maybe you will or maybe you won’t. There is no guaranteed way to profit from just hunting.
The game is not designed that way. If it was, MA would be out of business in no time.
Best chance to recover losses or make a profit would be to offer a service, play with MUs, buy deeds, sweat and fruit walk or get lucky.

Can you? Maybe Yes
Will you? Maybe No

But it is possible.

Last edited:
100% dedication on a low level mob with MU as mentioned several times. Why doesn't everyone do this? Because it's boring and soul sucking. You spend time, which is the most valuable commodity we have, for what? 100 ped profit after months of grinding? You only live once remember

Better work a few extra shifts irl, and have fun blasting away your peds foe those swirls.

I think you're asking the wrong question, because the answer is yes for any arbitrary value of bankroll/gear/skills. The main tool required for profit is knowledge, other than that the current system will allow you to succeed at any level.

I think you're asking the wrong question, because the answer is yes for any arbitrary value of bankroll/gear/skills. The main tool required for profit is knowledge, other than that the current system will allow you to succeed at any level.

wtf, you trolling again? :laugh:

(couldn't agree more, and voted yes. thing is, who really knows something, hmm?)

Back