PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images

NEW FREE to Play Model For This Games Success

There are tons of players and depositors that this game misses out on because of an outdated FREE to play model. If a player leaves before they feel like it is a game they want to stay in and invest. That is a miss. This is a very important aspect of this games growth and how this game is marketed. It needs to be addressed and fixed so new players have the chance we all did when we joined this great game.

When I joined Entropia in 2016 like many before me. I expect to make money in any game that I play, oddly Entropia was off my radar until 2016. As a long time gamer it has always been an appealing benefit of games you enjoy.

However I want to bring up significant differences from just 4 years ago to now. I can't fathom a new player starting Entropia now and staying. How can we hook them into this game before they make that first deposit if there isn't a working FREE to play model anymore? This game is still marketed as FREE to play but compared to when I joined, it isn't.

When I started this game I sweated and read every thread in this forum to learn the intricacies of the game. Sweat was 2.5 ped per 1k and Fruit was a whopping 16 ped+ per 1k. I then was able to take that sweat and buy AUDs so my sweat earned interest and as I learned about skilling, harvesting and the professions. I would weave in Fruit walking to stabilize my PED card before I decided to plunge and buy a starter pack and deposit for hunting/mining.

The reason I stayed is because of this system that was in place that gave me confidence that this was a game that I could invest in. If I couldn't of made some FREE PED when I started and got a feeling to play and how the game works, I would of left. MA would of missed on many deposits over the years. Which is what brings us to where we are now.

If a new player joins to check out Entropia now there isn't anything in place for them to stay like I did when I started. If it looks like it's just a loss then why are they ever going to commit on that first deposit or starter pack? Obviously this game needs a FREE to play label for other reasons as well. However how can a new player stay when sweat is 1ped per 1k and Fruit is what 4ped?

The system doesn't work anymore. It's been neglected and it is REQUIRED for this games growth and getting players to stick around and join in the adventure for many years to come. This is why other FREE to play games have such a massive success. They get players to join the game and enjoy it, then they buy items off the Webshop. These players are happy too do that and why the FREE to play gaming industry has become such a monster in gaming.

So what can we do to bring about a NEW FREE to play model that gives new players the PED that many of us had when we first joined? I think a NEW system might be best since this one has run it's coarse.

The only other option would be to set sweat at a TT value of 2 Ped per 1k. Same for Fruit at 16 ped per 1k. (This would remove it from the system and create MU above TT ) I don't like this option and think it's best we seek out a new adventure to stabilize the FREE to play game that this is supposed to be and help the new players and give them a taste of the game to see if they will invest in it. Obviously the NOOB oil rig was a failed idea so I welcome any suggestions on a NEW FREE to play model for MA to implement to help this game flourish.

Entropia can capture the success that other FREE to play games have. While also giving players the feeling like they are joining a game again that is special. When I joined it felt special and it's time to create this experience for the new players of the future.

Thanks
    Abomb The People's Champ
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-28-2020 at 10:19.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,908 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When I started this game ...
    It's the same for me, except that sweat was at 10 peds or so - and faster to gather! Sweating and swunting enabled people to slowly join the hunting path and get used to the game.

I also lost peds initially with mining until I discovered what areas had what resources, but as I learnt I got closer to 100%, then slightly above it including mus. Skills meant better depth and better mu... it all actually helped a noob become less noob.

We didn't have deeds back then - and it was actually CLDs that got me to deposit right back at their introduction. If I had deposited to play I'd have increased in skills much faster, and back then that would probably have been the better path to take to get better equipment while it 'mattered'...

Anyway - in short on what I think, Caly should introduce a clear path mission with dailies or a chain that gives out a profit in universal ammo. Generally I'm not a fan of bound items, but bound non-tt-able ammo is a good way of getting people turning peds over, so would be a bit like swunting used to be. People didn't just sweat, they hunted at low level alongside. Some planets have mission dailies that reward higher than the spend - the Ark Moon has a totally free 2 peds per day of ammo if you run and don't use any oil at all. My guess is that maybe 10 peds per day is needed, however - and MA should be the ones paying for that as part of retention marketing.

edit - preferably MA would reawaken higher demand for an easy or free noob activity, though, such as fruit/stones for textures and sweat for M/E and now bps, yes

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    However how can a new player stay when sweat is 1ped per 1k and Fruit is what 4ped?

The system doesn't work anymore.
    Adapt. You are correct, sweat prices are lower, but there are other ways to play free... Arkadia moon now has a daily that pays you 2 ped universal ammo...

Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...=1#post3720868

Moon daily extractor waypoints. These can be pasted into the chat, and then made into a in game sticky note to assist with tracking.
    /wp [Arkadia Moon, 10959, 10078, 107, Waypoint]
    /wp [Arkadia Moon, 10793, 10059, 108, Waypoint]
    /wp [Arkadia Moon, 10713, 10225, 112, Waypoint]
    /wp [Arkadia Moon, 10479, 10430, 81, Waypoint]
    /wp [Arkadia Moon, 9960, 10240, 110, Waypoint]
    /wp [Arkadia Moon, 10027, 9971, 133, Waypoint]
    /wp [Arkadia Moon, 9916, 9672, 112, Waypoint]
    /wp [Arkadia Moon, 10042, 9151, 129, Waypoint]
    /wp [Arkadia Moon, 10313, 9107, 115, Waypoint]
    /wp [Arkadia Moon, 10392, 9280, 127, Waypoint]
    ====================
    Get tired of the Moon, go get a Wolpertinger on Cyrene and sell it... and while there if you don't mind getting naked, head down to the hub and pick up some lime green stuff.

At my request Cyrene recently reduced weight of maze hammers dramatically... so now you can carry an arsenal of maze hammers and not go slow due to weight limits... (nice since they give you a slight acceleration buff... of course I'm already maxed on that due to my adjusted harrier and ring, but hey, nice to have options in case I want to change clothes sometime.)

In other words get your avatar's ass off of Calypso and go explore.
    (got to admit double skill bonus for old missions and new mission tracker thing on Calypso is nice, but that's not going to be Calypso's advantage forever... besides that, if you are here to play free this shouldn't be much of a concern since skill prices are crap nowadays anyways.)
    Last edited by mastermesh; 01-28-2020 at 11:19.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    P.S.
    Get bored of Cyrene and Ark Moon, go visit Rocktropia..

When you are on RT and are not hunting AI you can also hit the beer garden, the little pvp zones near n00bs club and the Arctic oil rigs as well as other rig to get a few oil, etc. Same type of thing on other planets too...
    Last edited by mastermesh; 01-28-2020 at 11:13.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Philippus SoberPhil Maximus
    I think a daily mission for some free universal ammo on Calypso would be a good idea. Also, we need more demand for common loot since it’s all new players can get, as well as things like sweat and stones. I think this can be achieved by introducing new weapon BPs that use some of that stuff. Maybe Armatrix clubs? They’ll have to be good though to generate demand.

And the mentoring system needs to be reworked a little bit. The problem here is that anyone can mentor other players right after graduation, which is bad in itself. There has to be some level requirement for someone to become a mentor since this directly affects new player experience. The world in EU is endless, so is the number of different things you can do, an experienced mentor can show all (or a good portion) of that to a new participant which would increase the chance of them staying in the game.

The mentoring system can be improved in many ways. First – level or total skillpoint requirement. Second – mentors need to be able to summon their disciples to wherever they are on a given planet because not everybody likes endless exploring. Third – maybe there should be a new type of mission, tasks that mentors would set for their disciples to complete and receive rewards in universal ammo or anything else. Like shoot x amount of punies or mine x amount of lysterium, and those would work like daily missions to ensure that new and different tasks are available every day.

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Adapt. You are correct, sweat prices are lower, but there are other ways to play free... Arkadia moon now has a daily that pays you 2 ped universal ammo...

Ideas like this are good but 2 PED? If it was 20 PED that would be comparable to what it was. It was easy to make 20 PED a day doing some casual fruit walking and 10 PED a day sweating just a few years ago. So 2 PED doesn't cut it and isn't a reason to even visit the Ark moon. Not to mention fuel cost, travel time and then what when you are done? Now you are stuck on Ark Moon for less than 2 PED? Yikes. Lets get this number to at least 15-20 PED with activities and it is worth it to go there.

besides that, if you are here to play free this shouldn't be much of a concern since skill prices are crap nowadays anyways.)
    It isn't about being here for FREE to play. No one is saying this should ONLY be free to play. Just that you need a way to make PED everyday for FREE that is comparable to the past, especially as a new player when we all had this wonderful benefit too in the past. It allowed us to really "TRY" the game. New players don't get that option. It's depo or leave. So they leave.... Again it's about revamping the FREE to play model that is the core aspect that this game is marketed as.

These FREE to play players will be the investors and depositors of the future after trying the game.

As far as skill prices, the reason we play the game is to attain skills not sell them. Avatar progression is a core function of the game. It's still an MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by SoberPhil View Post
    I think a daily mission for some free universal ammo on Calypso would be a good idea. Also, we need more demand for common loot since it’s all new players can get, as well as things like sweat and stones.
    I agree maybe daily that rewards 5 PED with a chance of bonus missions to increase this value to 15-20. Then obviously new items that can be collected with value would stimulate the economy.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-28-2020 at 13:08.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    "Sweating is soooooo boooooooooring..." used to be the complaint. Also, it too easy to automate using key-mapping. Go to Boreas and offer all the sweaters free pets or something, see how many actually respond. Very few. That's because most of them are sweating bots.

MindArk was very smart to implement some free play with actual rewards like the ones mastermesh talked about above. The maze on Cyrene is great, it takes a while to complete and get the WolperTinger, but once you do, you can usually get between 75 and 150 PED for it, depending if you train it to level 7 so it can be spawned on other planets.

The AI mission on RT is good too, you get a 2 PED presidential paystub or something. The Hazmat suit thing on the Ark Moon, also great, and you can sell the suit I think for like 75 PED or something. The Daily that gives you 2 PED Uni Ammo is completely free.

These are all ways to get free PED that actually exist right now in the game. So I'm not sure what you are complaining about. Hunting was never a free activity, only sweating and fruit walking were. Now there's even more free PED to be had, more then ever before.
    Check out my blog: Legends' Hunting Blog! and also our Society ad: DIRTY DINGOs
    My Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    "Sweating is soooooo boooooooooring..." used to be the complaint. Also, it too easy to automate using key-mapping. Go to Boreas and offer all the sweaters free pets or something, see how many actually respond. Very few. That's because most of them are sweating bots.

MindArk was very smart to implement some free play with actual rewards like the ones mastermesh talked about above. The maze on Cyrene is great, it takes a while to complete and get the WolperTinger, but once you do, you can usually get between 75 and 150 PED for it, depending if you train it to level 7 so it can be spawned on other planets.

The AI mission on RT is good too, you get a 2 PED presidential paystub or something. The Hazmat suit thing on the Ark Moon, also great, and you can sell the suit I think for like 75 PED or something. The Daily that gives you 2 PED Uni Ammo is completely free.

These are all ways to get free PED that actually exist right now in the game. So I'm not sure what you are complaining about. Hunting was never a free activity, only sweating and fruit walking were. Now there's even more free PED to be had, more then ever before.
    I am not complaining just pointing out the obvious. Are the methods to make FREE PED today comparable to the past? No it's not even close. As I stated above it was easy to make 20 PED a day casually Fruit walking and 10 PED a day sweating just a few years ago. It was easy for new player to invest time to learn about the game and actually gain some initial PED to "TRY" it. This option is now not available so our new player growth is stunted out of the gate. This then means less steady depositors of the future.

The idea of this thread is to come up with something that is comparable to the past that we all experienced to increase the growth of new players. The idea would be to reverse our dwindling player base and attract more players to try Entropia.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    I am not complaining just pointing out the obvious. Are the methods to make FREE PED today comparable to the past? No it's not even close. As I stated above it was easy to make 20 PED a day casually Fruit walking and 10 PED a day sweating just a few years ago. It was easy for new player to invest time to learn about the game and actually gain some initial PED to "TRY" it. This option is now not available so our new player growth is stunted out of the gate. This then means less steady depositors of the future.

The idea of this thread is to come up with something that is comparable to the past that we all experienced to increase the growth of new players. The idea would be to reverse our dwindling player base and attract more players to try Entropia.
    When I started playing back in 2006, I was a non-depositor for a couple of months and all I did was sweat. I started out around Port Atlantis for a few weeks and then eventually made it to Fort Troy. I remember there was a big square surrounded by 4 walls where all the traders would stand around. I used to get 4.2 PED/k for my sweat at the time. But sweating was hard work back then. If I remember correctly, it took me almost a week (4-5 days) to get around 35 PEDs.

Don't talk to me about 15-20 PED/day man, that's just horse manure, you are not remembering correctly. And if you are, I'm glad it has changed. Realize that if non-depositors are able to make 20 PED/day for free, then the game is BLEEDING away 20 PED/day per sweater. Someone has to pay for that, and this may be a completely new concept to you but it ain't MindArk, I can guarantee you. It would be the depositors paying to subsidize the sweaters.

I dunno about you man but I sure ain't here for charity...
    Check out my blog: Legends' Hunting Blog! and also our Society ad: DIRTY DINGOs
    My Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    Don't talk to me about 15-20 PED/day man, that's just horse manure, you are not remembering correctly. And if you are, I'm glad it has changed. Realize that if non-depositors are able to make 20 PED/day for free, then the game is BLEEDING away 20 PED/day per sweater. Someone has to pay for that, and this may be a completely new concept to you but it ain't MindArk, I can guarantee you. It would be the depositors paying to subsidize the sweaters.

I dunno about you man but I sure ain't here for charity...
    Unsure about your hostility and it isn't about charity so taking that stance is incorrect. This is a FREE to play game and MA markets this game as that. (It got me to join this game ) The current FREE to play model is obviously outdated with fruit now being able to be spotted while running and lower prices as well as sweat. This thread is to open up ideas for a NEW FREE to play model that is comparable to the past.

In 2016 I could get 4k sweat in one day. At 2.5 ped per 1k that is 10 PED. That is a really tedious day of course but it paid off for me to invest in my first deeds which were AUDs and make a commitment to the game.

Fruit was 16 ped per 1k. It wasn't hard to attain 1k Fruit in one day and there was even a channel and guides on how to fruit walk for new players to attain PED to play the game.

Both of these methods are now gone and so is our new player growth as a result. This diminishes the potential for future depositors.

20 PED for Free in a day for a lot of time invested was nothing and this is why it was in the game. It didn't bleed PED out of the economy but it stimulated it. This allowed player to get started and decide to invest money into the game on starter packs, gear and ammo.

My memory isn't foggy I bought 4 AUDs with sweat alone before I bought a Gold Starter pack. Obviously since then I deposited many more times into the game and decided it was really a unique adventure that was ahead. Why wouldn't you want NEW players to have a chance to "try" this wonderful game like we had? It only makes sense so this game can grow

Edit - It's important to note a new player will go from cycling 10 PED an hour to 20, 50, 100, 500 and then 1,000+ PED an hour as his Avatar grows. You want to talk about 20 PED in a day? He might be a seasoned hunter/crafter/miner of tomorrow that deposit regularly. We got to give these players a chance like we had.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-28-2020 at 13:14.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast