PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 72
  1. #31
    Old Alpha Legends's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Canada
    Avatar
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Posts
    1,050
    Images
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    ...

    Second where am I complaining?
    Seriously?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Strongly disagree. There has to be a happy medium because when Big HOF or ATH's only bring you up to where you should of been the whole time. They lose their excitement and value because you are so bitter it's like thanks but no thanks. Then when you do finally hit instead of investing, you withdraw and possibly never come back. That is a bad business model. You get more players with honey and steady returns so they can actually immerse themselves into an MMORPG for the long haul. To make friends and stay for many years.

    Like many players, I rather just be able to play and enjoy the game. To complete missions and explore all the game has to offer without losing non stop. It currently isn't possible ( again bad business model ) for growing a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry looter right now doesn't do anything. I also don't see any reason to invest in higher efficiency when players with higher efficiency items aren't getting good returns either. Furthermore brand new players should be at 94%+

    The system just isn't providing any proof that it works and doesn't instill any faith amongst the hunting community. If returns get better and the system looks like it is working, then sure I will gladly buy a FEN corrosive chip or something equivalent. Until then there are so many other things I can do until hunting loot is fixed and TT % returns are improved by MA.

    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    ...

    You can't say everything is working as intended because there isn't a player in this game that knows how it works! Only MA knows how the code works and only we can say it isn't working because of extremely poor TT % returns. Then they can check to verify their hidden secret code is indeed working.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    ...

    There really needs to be some very clear transparent system though. (whatever that is ) Instead of made up numbers by MA that don't have any data backing them. It's impossible to prove the effects of Looter and Efficiency. So here we are. Yes the comparison of hunting to slots is understandable. Even in that great Economy video that just came out on Entropia, they said all professions are the same as a Casino and you are gambling. A very fair objective video.
    This is just from a few of your post in your other threads.

    I'm really getting sick and tired of this 'campaign' or whatever you're on. You make a lot of noise and beat the drum and make it seem like the majority have the same sentiment when in fact, this isn't true. The majority is silent and enjoying the game and trying to ignore you.

    With all that said, if I take a moment and try to be nice, I would like to make some suggestions to you. I know you aren't looking for advice, but I'm going to give it anyway:

    1. Stop asking that the game be overhauled to be 'free' or completely transparent, it's not going to happen. And furthermore, you knew what you were signing up for when you started depositing, don't pretend like you didn't. It obviously wasn't free then, otherwise you wouldn't have deposited. It obviously wasn't transparent either.

    2. If what you're doing isn't working for you, make a fresh start, it can be very rewarding to start on a new path, doing something new. It also forces you to end the insanity (doing the same thing over again expecting different results). You can make a fresh start by completely overhauling your gear, for example switching to melee, or mindforce. You can make a fresh start by exploring a new profession like taming, healing or something else. Or even just researching other small mobs you haven't hunted yet and starting a hunting log on this forum like I did. You'll learn a lot if you do and most likely have fun doing it.

    I hate to see someone becoming so bitter about the game and venting on the forum like this, it tends to bring out bitterness in others and just adds fuel to the fire and turns the whole forum very negative and depressing and then many just stop reading and using it for a while. It's ok to shed light on a legitimate issue, but coming here every single day to put more fuel on the fire is unnecessary. Your original thread has over 25k views, trust me, MA has seen it, and if they are going to do something, they are already looking into it, you will need a little patience to see what happens. And if they are not going to do something, then hey, at least you tried.

    Please take a moment to consider what I have said above.

    Thank you,

    Legends
    Check out my blog: Legends' Hunting Blog! and also our Society ad: DIRTY DINGOs
    My Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop

  2. #32
    Alpha The Abomb's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Avatar
    Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    524
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously?


    I hate to see someone becoming so bitter about the game
    Again none of that was complaining, it's called a discussion. We can debate and discuss a topic without complaining. Guess you aren't aware of that. I didn't read most of your post as I don't care to waste my time. I am a pretty easy going player that is upbeat a happy. I love the game so that would disqualify me from being bitter. Again you don't know me at all

    FYI - I made this thread this morning while servers were down while I wait to log in. Felt like it was a constructive use of my time while waiting to play the game I love.

    I do wish you luck though and hope you find happiness, obviously you are upset about something. I recommend a Merp Hug. I love Merps.

    Now as for the topic if you don't have anything to add, you don't have to read my threads We can even do a buddy pact, I won't read yours either

    Anyone have some suggestions on the FREE to play model for increasing player growth and future depositing players? Thanks and good luck out there everyone, just remember The Abomb loves you.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-28-2020 at 19:19.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,908 Force Merge

    Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

  3. #33
    I still remember when Mentors stood in PA and gave out Apollos and 1x0 for free by becoming their disicple.

    Some left, some depoed, some got a 3/4/5 digit HoF from a exa, snable, corna.

    PE was all about the players making the game.

    Who do you think pays for all the "freebie" items MA gives out in EU?

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is so spot on!



    Jetsina, Cirrus does actually have a good point there.
    It actually IS a lot easier for noobs now than it was back then.
    No small mobs, no free stuff, no paved roads.

    Making things easier doesnt always mean that it increases the fun.

    Hell, even just getting your TP's on the map was a daunting challenge!
    But those challenges gave the game it's charm!
    You actually had to struggle to get things done.

    The current game caters to noobs way way more than back then!
    Hi wizz, I agreed with some things Cirrus wrote, yes, just not really what the post was getting at.
    We had snable young (male) - and yes, ok, snable mature (female) was already a step up for a noob, didn't need free stuff (tt value from MA) because the market back then had a considerable sweat-loving set of mind essence users, and no paved roads, well, that's not really economics, and you say yourself right after that easier doesn't mean it increases the fun. I agreed on stuff on the immediate beginning, such as the starter area or an initial path at Ark with freebies.

    To Abomb you wrote: "It's not so much about ways to play for free and it's not so much about economics.
    It's about purpose, meaning and fun.
    And at them moment the game lacks all 3."

    I agree quite a lot with this opinion - in a thread asking for ideas for a new free play model ...
    Also, given the opinions that it's never been easier to play for free, which I disagree with, this still possibly implies the problem is actually further on than the beginning, i.e. anything other than the direct beginning : the lower, middle and higher levels of the game people no longer aspire to maybe.
    Last edited by jetsina; 01-28-2020 at 19:10.

  5. #35
    If you go through calypso newbie chain, you should end up with around 50PED + few items like CDF armor and S10. Enough to do some puff puff on punies and feel the game. After that you either deposit or be really smart about MU hunting small mobs or sweat for pennies. It's not depositors job to pay for your game.

    Saying that what MA could do for free to play players is to introduce some consumable convenience items with no UL alternative based on sweat. The reason sweat was expensive 10 years ago was that there was no essence in TT, only way to use mindforce was to pay sweaters or collect yourself. MA literally killed sweat price with syntentic essence. Today MA could probably introduce things like loot pill with higher range crafted/refined from sweat - something easy to ignore but still desirable for convenience, but consumable so it doesn't last. On the other hand instead of sweat that pill could use hunting/mining loot to aid depositors in form of higher MU on stuff

    On side note, my opinion is that MA should sell absolutely minimum required in TT/webshop and let community hunt/mine/craft all other things. Selling loot bill/buff pills by MA is a mistake. We need more reasons to craft and MA is taking all good reasons for themselves. There are no opportunities in game any more because everything is either in TT/webshop, UL or easy to get yourself. What they did with enhancers TT being returned is good move but we need more things like that like.

  6. #36
    Provider
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Bodegraven, Netherlands
    Avatar
    Nakor of Boreft
    Society
    Knights of Redemption
    Posts
    192
    As a non depositing player, i think i can add my 2 ents here.

    I completely agree that the starter missions (not just on Caly, you can do a starter chain on most planets) give enough free goodies to get a feel of the game.

    If you like it, but want more after that there is the social aspect. Societies, SSI (i went there to chat and learn way more than to get sweat). Players helping other players is an important part of the game. I don't mean charity, but info, heire a healer for decay, etc.

    I did the ark moon daily for a few weeks. 2 ped ofUL for about 35-40 minutes of walking around beats sweating, fruit walking, oil fields and the beer garden. It was great because i had little playing time anyway.

    If you play f2p the game doesn't need to be easier. It can be done and it's not that hard if you don't set your goals too high.

  7. #37
    Alpha
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    virginia, usa
    Avatar
    Deo Deo Ingie
    Society
    TKoC
    Posts
    640
    Images
    10
    you lost me at joined in 2016. this game is actually seeming more fair to me nowadays. you didnt see the no loot days, lol. 30 troxie young in a row no loot. and im pretty sure you didnt see the days of 1k ped runs with 500tt in return.

    im sure you have a bunch of great ideas, but some of us old players are actually seeing quite a bit of progress from 2005.

  8. #38
    Stalker Rave's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Florida
    Avatar
    RP Rave Prospector
    Society
    Alpha WildD3amons
    Posts
    2,354
    Images
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by deo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you lost me at joined in 2016. this game is actually seeming more fair to me nowadays. you didnt see the no loot days, lol. 30 troxie young in a row no loot. and im pretty sure you didnt see the days of 1k ped runs with 500tt in return.

    im sure you have a bunch of great ideas, but some of us old players are actually seeing quite a bit of progress from 2005.
    But nothing will compare to 2003-2006 time period when it came to play-ability AND affordability. You could take an Opalo and a small stack of ammo and trap spiders and ambus over at the crashed ship east of Twin. Beyond that, you actually received loot that had some, even if minor, markup. The moment shrapnel and ammo took over, this game started losing appeal. Even if I popped some paladin harnesses on a run, I'd still get maybe +10 PED per piece. You have to receive a lot more shrapnel in TT value to get the same +10 PED that I could have gotten off a crappy harness.

    The flipside was that guns like DOA SH and ML-35 fetched maybe +2500 PED, though with a better drop rate than a few years later. Bigger items didn't have insane markups. So, you were likely to get a handful of small markup items - but you could generally land that 90% or so return fairly regularly. In the off chance you got a +2k item, you'd make a small but reasonable profit. That also meant, outside of MM and Shadow, you could easily afford above average items - which meant, as a newer player, you saw the possibility of moving up.

    We went from a much smaller loot differential to a more "swing for the fences" style now. You either spend a lot of hours grinding small or you spend a lot more initial investment - either one to avoid the "swing". I Just don't see this game ever returning to old-school play/affordability. So even with any progress, I don't the appeal of insane, small grinding or big money spending for new players. I think MA created an unsolvable issue when drop rates declined significantly as the player base grew.

    And I don't say this as a complaint or anything, I don't play anymore - I only login twice a year to keep my account active. Just my point of view.
    Last edited by Rave; 01-28-2020 at 22:53.

  9. #39
    Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Mega's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Avatar
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Posts
    15,186
    Blog Entries
    6
    Images
    1746


    I think we need another competition like the above from 11 years ago. Pretty slick entry right?


    Also, help new players out if you cross paths with them (most of us do automatically).

    A lot of the loot mechanics are out of our hands, but maybe something new is coming....

  10. #40
    Alpha The Abomb's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Avatar
    Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    524
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    I think we need another competition like the above from 11 years ago. Pretty slick entry right?


    Also, help new players out if you cross paths with them (most of us do automatically).

    A lot of the loot mechanics are out of our hands, but maybe something new is coming....
    That video got me pumped
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,908 Force Merge

    Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook