PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Stone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Make the people who never deposit pay ten percent of their withdrawls to help the needy free to players.
    It's not the free to play losers that will help this game.
    In fact from their latest action it seems it's the non-deposits who think it should be free to play they don't like.
    Rock
    here's how it went for me:
    I started f2p, seen the game & returns are quite okay. So i depoed to move to higher/bigger stuff, then the whole 2.0 shit came, i've seen returns now are bad and there's no point in depoing at all, because either depo 1000's or don't bother at all... so i did withdraw my money and moved to another game ^^

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusLucius View Post
    okay. heres my thesis (please prove me rite or wrong)
    this "f2p" model was never intended for players to play "free" but to get a certain percentage addicted (which obviously workes almost like a charm) and milk them off. no? yes?
    There isn't any FREE to play game that is intended to be played for FREE. They are set up to have an Amazing FREE to play game that is fun and great enough so that you are happy to spend and invest in it.

Path of Exile is a tremendous FREE to play game that if you enjoyed it by trying it, is 100% set up that you do indeed need to purchase things off their webshop if you plan to play that game even casually. That is why it is massively successful. It's a great game that makes the player say you know what, I'll buy this off the webshop because I really want to play this game for real.

The same applies to any FREE to play and here too. You should be able to play for FREE but you will want to invest in items off the webshop, packs, ammo, keys etc... etc to really play the game latter.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,920 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    You should be able to play for FREE but you will want to invest in items off the webshop, packs, ammo, keys etc... etc to really play the game latter.
    1) You can technically play this game for free...well if you don't consider time a cost.
    2) This is an RCE, most things have a TT value, therefore a real world value as well. Whose pocket exactly are these free TT value goods going to come out of?
    3) Players are the ones that have killed the economy in EU, many of those are due to suggestions from players that MA implemented thinking that's what everyone wanted. Your wanting to put the nail in coffin it seems...despite your intentions, that is what will happen.

Have some forethought.

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    1) You can technically play this game for free...well if you don't consider time a cost.
    2) This is an RCE, most things have a TT value, therefore a real world value as well. Whose pocket exactly are these free TT value goods going to come out of?
    3) Players are the ones that have killed the economy in EU, many of those are due to suggestions from players that MA implemented thinking that's what everyone wanted. Your wanting to put the nail in coffin it seems...despite your intentions, that is what will happen.

Have some forethought.
    There is no nail in the coffin as a good FREE to play game generates more deposits and revenue. That is my main thought that has been echoed many times in this thread. By providing things for FREE it has demonstrated in business that is the ultimate way to make money.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    There is no nail in the coffin as a good FREE to play game generates more deposits and revenue. That is my main thought that has been echoed many times in this thread. By providing things for FREE it has demonstrated in business that is the ultimate way to make money.
    Many free to play games don't survive, the ones that do are not because they are just free to play, they have engaging stories, cutsceens, frequent DLC's, the list goes on.....all the things that Entropia does not.
    You are not just asking for a better free to play model, your essentially asking for a complete overhaul of the game....MA can't even get half of the stuff they consider implementing complete.....think about it and realise that you're barking up the wrong tree when it comes to this idea.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Inherent Marxus Legends
    Society
    Dirty Dingos
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    Many free to play games don't survive, the ones that do are not because they are just free to play, they have engaging stories, cutsceens, frequent DLC's, the list goes on.....all the things that Entropia does not.
    You are not just asking for a better free to play model, your essentially asking for a complete overhaul of the game....MA can't even get half of the stuff they consider implementing complete.....think about it and realise that you're barking up the wrong tree when it comes to this idea.
    lol

You're wasting your time, myself and others have already told him in this thread that's he's delusional, he just doesn't understand...
    Check out my blog: Legends' Hunting Blog! and also our Society ad: DIRTY DINGOs
    My Shops at Twin Peaks mall, 2nd floor: Mayhem Armor Shop, Robot Armor Shop, Animal Armor Shop

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    XXX ViP WARP
    Images
    Theres also RT where nubs can kill steal steal theyre way to fame and glory with the daily AI mission essentially making them 5ped a day with a lil sweatin n pickin up kegs too which is free. the ruxxnet sells for like 10-15ped each for 3days worth of the mission.. pretty good deal if u ask me.

The issue is its RCE so u cant compare it to other games. The free to play is technically paying them to play. If you like more bots then increase it. That's the problem!
    ✘✘✘ ViPô₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/YG5H4Md

Quote Originally Posted by mspatterson View Post
    Theres also RT where nubs can kill steal steal theyre way to fame and glory with the daily AI mission essentially making them 5ped a day with a lil sweatin n pickin up kegs too which is free. the ruxxnet sells for like 10-15ped each for 3days worth of the mission.. pretty good deal if u ask me.

The issue is its RCE so u cant compare it to other games. The free to play is technically paying them to play. If you like more bots then increase it. That's the problem!
    I mentioned secrets earlier and my view that these have a longer term killing effect.
    As far as RT is concerned, I don't go there, so I know very little in practice. However, I have for years followed ND's twists and turns and various things I would say have been "smuggled" into the game. I partially dislike this, although I have a lot of "respect" for how he has found how to push or combine "features" to get outcomes probably not considered by MA. It's like an evolutionary war between plants and insects, while being symbiotic at the same time.

I've not heard of the AI mission before. My guess from your description of kill steal steal and the name AI suggests to me that AI does damage to mobs somehow that can be kill stolen (getting better loot)? It could thus be a clever way of avoiding the PP paying MA for mission rewards, as it appears is the case on other planets. I also know nothing about the ruxxnet, but if it is an mu item, then it seems to rely on what I have said should be the case more often but has been largely lost - a willingness of some players to pay 'noobs' to get something which takes time to get.

It may be similar to the event/mission 'stakes'/keys on Cyrene - almost no tt value but players want to access a special area.

Maybe we need to look at what is free in EU and try to get some balance achieved. Also the issue of how much of a secret stuff is - could a dozen people going to RT for this 'freebie' activity already break the spawn?

Whatever MA does, it needs to be that hundreds of people can do it and is planned that way, not that it has to be kept fairly/very secret because there is a huge bottle-neck in it!

People do realize that creating a F2P model will only promote re-creating accounts and just play until your "resources" run out and u just start over again?

First time MA / Calypso introduced "freebie" items and starter zone u could trade them and AH got filled with these. Hence account bound.

People forgotten about "Mentorship" and the reason for it? Even though MA killed the rewards for the "Mentor" over the years.

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Guarana View Post
    People do realize that creating a F2P model will only
    Not sure why there is any confusion on the topic of this thread. We aren't creating a FREE 2 PLAY model. This game has a FREE 2 PLAY model. All I am proposing is that we revamp it to get our current FREE 2 PLAY model comparable to where it was years ago.

The topic of this thread is a discussion for an update to the existing system to bring it up to where it once was in order to stabilize new player growth and increase potential depositors. This would be good for the game and MA's revenue.

We all on the same page now? Phew....
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-30-2020 at 14:29.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast