PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    edit - preferably MA would reawaken higher demand for an easy or free noob activity, though, such as fruit/stones for textures and sweat for M/E and now bps, yes
    For this there need more paying players to join... which is unlikely when you may loose up to 60% of your depo in a single hunt/crafting run/mining run...

Up the minimum TT-returns > more paying players will join > demand & MUs will increase
    And this should happen rather sooner than later... once the bad return rep spreads it may become very difficult to get new paying players...

Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    For this there need more paying players to join... which is unlikely when you may loose up to 60% of your depo in a single hunt/crafting run/mining run...

Up the minimum TT-returns > more paying players will join > demand & MUs will increase
    And this should happen rather sooner than later... once the bad return rep spreads it may become very difficult to get new paying players...
    Yes, a downward spiral can quickly become a runaway downward spiral. Although this thread was started to get ideas on how to adapt the free to play model, it was also stressed that this should be with the intention of getting players to then deposit regularly.
    There's not much point in having a flashy entrance if people who see the real inside quickly leave again. Questions around this "real inside" are: is it really so bad right now, or is it a perception? To continue the metaphor: is there a back room where the guests in the know go for their fun, with all the others out in the 'sleaze'?

One slight observation on my part could be the divergence of mus over time.
    >Divergence? Where's the divergence? Mus are tanking!
    Well, look at the mus on those convert to shrap bps, or the new resto(L) chips. It seems to me that hitting an mu return loot is becoming rarer, but bigger relatively when it happens. I wonder if that is so that it is harder for most players to find them through chance experimentation. I wonder if the loot dynamics now mean that you don't only have to be on the right mob, maybe at the right time (waves), but also now with a suitable very low cost to kill via rings, pills, enhancers, all done together in a full-on fight for these rare 'value' loots. Maybe you even have to be using the right weapon..... (it seems some bps are special, are they not?)

Now that's a secret worth keeping, isn't it? Well maybe short-term, but long term, fewer and fewer players will stay around or be of the type to be that highly risk-taking.

If the reality for a small few winners is at the expense of mid-level players, then at least the mid-level players need to know what they should be aiming at. If players are left wildly shooting in the air, then of course they won't hit much. In turn, the mid-level players need to be the motivation for newer players, who know that 20$ a month won't get them to uber any time soon, but at least to a world of more fun and increased potential, instead of increasingly bigger guns being fired into the air!

Ok, big ask, MA, give us a space vu with a new nearly free fruit/stone search equivalent over vast areas, not just 2D but 3D. Give the players a long mission chain or chains that rely on resources pegged somehow at 200%mu if they have tt value, or much higher mu if 'valued' at an official 0.001 pec or whatever. Make it so that increasing skill opens up slightly better materials/resources, all based on an expected 'per hour' return for players. Make it so that higher players will generally want to go for the better returns higher up.
    Is this a pyramid? Of sorts, yes. Will players be there right at the top both feeding and gaining somehow? If you do it right MA, yes. Perhaps the top items will be worth masses to the players but have a tt value of zero? What, you mean like motherships, but possibly also new cargo vessels etc? Answer: yes.

You know, it actually sounds a lot like the concept of harvesting trees - level 1,2,3 for mats for composite planks to build buildings on small plots to be able to build factories/shops etc on bigger plots. It worked for a time even, but the further implementation sucked so badly with the vegetable boxes and cost of "plot improvements" in stages, that people slowed down and MA slowed down even more.

Just get something RIGHT and SOON pls MA! Incorporate free or cheap to play and tell us the full pathway openly and all the mats etc for us to weigh up our positions and investment willingness!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    Just get something RIGHT and SOON pls MA!
    i think that's exactly the main issue, and the reason shit hits the fan so often...

as far as i can say, they're having a hard time even fulfilling one criteria of those two!
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySmooth View Post
    Better work a few extra shifts irl, and have fun blasting away your peds foe those swirls.
    i think this fits here very well. it stops being funny when you reach the kilopeds-per-hour-levels, and volatility kills your monthly budget of several 100$ in just a few hours, as many participants have experienced already.

actually we don't know what is right or wrong in such situations - stop shooting to save our budget, or continue to catch that multi, instead of running away from it?

what we know for sure is that EU is a very profitable product, and mindark is slacking, not keeping their promises, and obviously a, let's call it difficult, business partner. it feels like they rather work on the next token shit again to save the planet, instead of fixing their broken universe and economy for the sake of making us more happy and satisfied.

for most people it's of course ok to pay or invest real cash in this wonderful RCE project, but for sure people won't buy MA's promises as hearthfully as they've done in the past, if they keep their business habits the way they are.

tldr - we don't need to change model for this game's success, we need its developer to change.

just my
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by theProphet View Post
    i think this fits here very well. it stops being funny when you reach the kilopeds-per-hour-levels, and volatility kills your monthly budget of several 100$ in just a few hours, as many participants have experienced already.

actually we don't know what is right or wrong in such situations - stop shooting to save our budget, or continue to catch that multi, instead of running away from it?

what we know for sure is that EU is a very profitable product, and mindark is slacking, not keeping their promises, and obviously a, let's call it difficult, business partner. it feels like they rather work on the next token shit again to save the planet, instead of fixing their broken universe and economy for the sake of making us more happy and satisfied.

for most people it's of course ok to pay or invest real cash in this wonderful RCE project, but for sure people won't buy MA's promises as hearthfully as they've done in the past, if they keep their business habits the way they are.

tldr - we don't need to change model for this game's success, we need its developer to change.

just my
    You do make a lot of strong points
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 49 Resource Gatherer - 5,578 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,486 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 5,043 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by theProphet View Post

just my
    Well said prophet! Fix the silly mayhem categories as well! People chipping out skills and absolutely destroying skill values has compounded this very issue!!
    I am the Junkman!! GOO GOO G'JOOB!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Marcus Luma Lucius
    Society
    ░▒▓ IRIDIUM ░▒▓
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    There are tons of players and depositors ..

...Thanks
    Abomb The People's Champ
    okay. heres my thesis (please prove me rite or wrong)
    this "f2p" model was never intended for players to play "free" but to get a certain percentage addicted (which obviously workes almost like a charm) and milk them off. no? yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeWolf86 View Post
    This game is similar to anal sex... if you try to force it... no one will be happy...Let it come naturally...

Make the people who never deposit pay ten percent of their withdrawls to help the needy free to players.
    It's not the free to play losers that will help this game.
    In fact from their latest action it seems it's the non-deposits who think it should be free to play they don't like.
    Rock

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Pitivier Baguette Aden
    Society
    ATL
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Stone View Post
    Make the people who never deposit pay ten percent of their withdrawls to help the needy free to players.
    It's not the free to play losers that will help this game.
    In fact from their latest action it seems it's the non-deposits who think it should be free to play they don't like.
    Rock
    I'm not mean or disrespectful but,
    from a side or another, what you said is a big pile of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SSN View Post
    I'm not mean or disrespectful but,
    from a side or another, what you said is a big pile of shit.
    Oh yea.
    Its always someone with an agenda who uses the FTP, poor Noob Issue to try and force game policy.
    I don't buy it and if you want to support them feel free because I sure don't.
    There was a poll about deposits and close to 20 percent said they never deposit.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast