NEW FREE to Play Model For This Games Success

It is a lot easier to free to play now than it ever has been as far as I can remember. :scratch2:

This is currently 'raise the price of sweat' thread #1322

It is supply and demand..

I have almost 5 million sweat in my storage if anyone wants to buy. But no one wants it.

Years ago there was no VSE tool. You had to do a little dance, prepare a mindforce concentration before even attempting to gather sweat. All of which could be interrupted or failed attempts. It is a lot easier to sweat now than ever. On top of that there is also thousands of times more sweaters these days.

If I recall there was also a level cap to sweating years back that once you reached a certain level you could no longer gather sweat. This level cap was removed by MA quite few years back iirc.

But as mentioned in numerous other posts in this thread, there are all these other planets now, including Calypso that offer free gear, ammo, vehicles, clothes, activities & missions to get started on those planets and is quite sustainable.

There are all sorts of low lvl gear now and puny creatures, rookie mining, the introduction of fruit, stones, dung and so on.....
Back in my day you had a jester D1 and you could hunt exo or daikiba and you had to walk everywhere.. uphill...
Kids don't know how good they have it these days :wise:

Last edited:
It is supply and demand..

I have almost 5 million sweat in my storage if anyone wants to buy. But no one wants it.

Years ago there was no VSE tool. You had to do a little dance, prepare a mindforce concentration before even attempting to gather sweat. All of which could be interrupted or failed attempts. It is a lot easier to sweat now than ever. On top of that there is also thousands of times more sweaters these days.

but at least back then we could trap troxes in the fences at the sweatfarm and sweat them :)

It is a lot easier to sweat now than ever.
Back in my day you had a jester D1 and you could hunt exo or daikiba and you had to walk everywhere.. uphill...
Kids don't know how good they have it these days :wise:

Ok, I understand that sweating is just a phase most people went through (if at all), and that memories are different because the sweating has changed many times. BUT a statement such as "easier now than ever"? Have I gone to pre-noob skill or something in my old age and for some crazy reason think it is harder now?

When I started.... I think the era of standing somehow out of hit range but within sweating range was already over (officially). I don't remember standing on the side of a spaceship or anything like that, but I do remember trapped mobs would take a bit of time to realise they were trapped and some people exploited this. There was also an issue on server borders at one point where the mobs refused to cross over, so they weren't technically trapped. MA responded.

Anyway, when I joined we already had the free tool and the "sweat beams". You could get up to 22? or 23? sweat per success. I forget when exactly mobs went dry but it wasn't originally the hp of the mob I think. I don't see not remembering exactly as a big problem - if someone can fill in my gaps, then fine. Some things you do remember reasonably well, however - and I know I had a time when I settled on something like 650 sweat per hour as one benchmark. It may have been sweating ambus at Nea's, so no walking backwards hoping for fruit to pop up, and no evade skill increases and such from often being hit. As my evade increased I lost focus less, so it became easier/faster to solo sweat. I sometimes chose to swunt and sometimes to drown my dried mob.

Over time the market price dropped and MA introduced the new success amounts tied to the mob hp. I still remember 80 hp from combibo young as an easy counter in my inventory. Sometimes I would pull even the last 1 sweat to keep my counter clean, other times I would kill/drown the combibo at 78 or so, a bit like in blackjack.

Fast forward to now. YES, it is possible to find mobs so slow you can back away from them without being hit or you can sweat in 'circles', but the rate per hour and the price per 1k are nothing like they used to be.

Thank you for reading if you have done. Maybe some find it interesting as "the way the game used to be". Anyway, sweating was something done solo and in groups - and there were buyers, some of whom paid a bit above average, some who wanted it cheaper. As far as I know it could never be auctioned, so no option of converting to crates like now, and there were no other planets where the sweat price varied.

(Also, not everything was uphill :eyecrazy:. Once you had the tp the mobs were often really close, although the mobs at PA were further away than the swamp is now, ok. Also, five minutes of running was not much if you wished to sweat for say 2 hours or more... and back then you could actually outrun mobs once you had agility up a bit. I shouldn't forget that bit...)

Memories aside, what sort of system do we think MA should go for in a revamp of the FREE-TO-PLAY concept?

Memories aside, what sort of system do we think MA should go for in a revamp of the FREE-TO-PLAY concept?

They were headed in the right direction with compets and well, then you know...

on point. too late here. the businessmodell is so rigged, you see how MA struggles through the business year.
but they too deep into theyr legacy shit.
best case for us players would be, that MA would be bought up by some major studio. at least they could finance the loot from the profits of profitable titles....

There isn't any FREE to play game that is intended to be played for FREE. They are set up to have an Amazing FREE to play game that is fun and great enough so that you are happy to spend and invest in it.

Path of Exile is a tremendous FREE to play game that if you enjoyed it by trying it, is 100% set up that you do indeed need to purchase things off their webshop if you plan to play that game even casually. That is why it is massively successful. It's a great game that makes the player say you know what, I'll buy this off the webshop because I really want to play this game for real.

The same applies to any FREE to play and here too. You should be able to play for FREE but you will want to invest in items off the webshop, packs, ammo, keys etc... etc to really play the game latter.

on point. too late here. the businessmodell is so rigged, you see how MA struggles through the business year.
best case for us players would be, that MA would be bought up by some major studio. at least they could finance the loot from the profits of profitable titles....

What the hek ? MA is making profit.

Finance the loot... lol. Are you drunk ?

That is not how this game works for such a thing to occur.

What the hek ? MA is making profit.

Finance the loot... lol. Are you drunk ?

read your answer. then. read it again. then ... tell me who is drunk :girl:

This is currently 'raise the price of sweat' thread #1322

It doesn't have to be that, as I said I am open to an entire new system that is comparable to when it was great. Perhaps a new resource that can be utilized into an storyline that is required to fight bot invasions. There are many ways to go about it.

It is a lot easier to free to play now than it ever has been as far as I can remember. :scratch2:

Define easier? Yes the game is easier in the aspect of some new missions, heck Monria has come a very long way since I started. They have daily's now and things to do there and other planets improved.

We aren't talking easier though from mission implementation, we are talking about the resources used to generate PEDs for new players. The actual FREE to play Economy. Like I said now it's nearly impossible to sweat and fruit walk and achieve any decent amount of PED flow to buy items, hunt or even some Deeds like I have just a few years ago. It was that stable system where if you put in time you got a reward and it made sense that this is a game that I could deposit and invest in. A good FREE to play model like we had increases the chance for more future depositors. It also provides activities to do that isn't a direct PED drain. (something vitally important)

I said that I believe sweat and fruit has run it's coarse unless they totally revamp Pets raising fruit prices back to 16+ ped for 1k. So we should add a new FREE to play resource and system that can go along with an MMO story to bring interest to the game and more depositors.

I played PE/EU many years... all back to 2004 when i played first 1-2 years without a deposit.

You have to look back and compare the competition in games there was... That field of competition have since then tripled many times. Today there is loads of free-to-play MMO's that gives you real gameplay for free.

Entropia Universe really lacks progress. its the same heavy grinding gameplay it was 15 years ago. there is very little to manage under combat, the animations are very basic and few. the quality of the terrain / area's go from pretty good to absolute lazy.

To me it seems like a fairly loyal playerbase keeps this game going. EU suffers very hard to hardcore competition out around. especially since many games now even offers lootboxes through gameplay that can reward you with stuff you can sell off through marketplaces on steam or similiar platforms for real money...

This game needs a major overhaul to be top relevant again. I'll be back once they do

This comes from someone played this for a decade and withdraw around 10.000 $ in the end (also many deposits through time) i was lucky to play in the time when equipment really increased in prices, so 1000-2000$ of it was profit from that. Otherwise i likely spent & lost as much as i withdraw of the rest 8000

Back