PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think running whith lot of mob, trying to skill evade or whatever is not exploit. (can be discussed)

    But doing it where people try to just hunt, and doing it again after people ask to stop it is indeed annoying and actually can be "harrasing".

    Following someone for 2h or steal his mob clearly is too.

    Now people should just stop repeating "I'll report you" and not doing anything.

    When someone do this, ask him kindly to stop 1 time, maybe 2 times, then just report him.
    It's easy, you don't even have to make a support if an Official is online.

    Type "official" in user register, find one online, and PM him whith the full name of the guy.

    I met people stealing mob to noobs repeatidly, almost daily, they have been warned lot of times, but since nothing happens to them they absolutely don't care..

    Just tell to an Official, he will PM the guy, or eventually he can come in and discreetly monitor what is happening.

    And maybe when MA gets tired of getting PMs or support about this kind of stuff, they'll take real action, and eventually people will stop this kind of bullshit knowing that they're really risking something doing this.



    A week ago, a player comes to the field where I hunt. Comes right up to me.. he stay and watch what i do.. after a minute he starts hunting the mobs around me. After 10-20 mobs, he just leaves.
    After 2h he returns, he starts to do the same.
    But this time I was just killing everything around me.. i.e. him too. Because he came to me.
    Keep in mind that the place where this is happening is an island with 500 mobs.

    The next day, that same player comes back and does it again. But this time after killing the mobs he did not leave.
    In the meantime, he have been complaining about Online Support.

    Online Support comes and disconnects me from the game and then begins to act aggressively towards me. Because he sees that I am doing something wrong.

    At this time, the Player just goes to the other end of the island...

    Be sure that most of these idiots know exactly what they are doing. Their goal is to annoy any kind of normal game.

    In this case, the fault of Online Support is that there is no idea what has happened before.

    He comes and responds to an already invented / composed production.

    This incident made me very angry and there is a report about it.

    I really believe in my rightness because I help a lot of new players. But I'm also terribly aggressive against players who deserve it.
    There are logs of each of us, where you've been, what you've done.
    One check can determine who is telling the truth and who is lying.
    Therefore, I do not care and even report the Support to his actions.

    No one can convince me that this is something wrong.
    I have a bigger rifle and hit the field where I was for the last 3 hours.
    If the player does not like it, go 200m away.

    It is a very thin line between who is right and who is not. And use every means possible to achieve their lofty purpose.. to steal 5-10 peds from the pool or from someone new who has no orientation in the game.

    I like entropy because it's mostly mature players, but that doesn't mean there aren't many bastards.
    If the topic seems nonsense to you, come down for a week on the small and medium-sized mob and just watch the actions of those players.

    If this community does not respond to these fools, they will become more insolent!

  2. #32
    Old Alpha Darth Revan's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Canada
    Avatar
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Posts
    1,036
    Images
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Deemer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really believe in my rightness because I help a lot of new players. But I'm also terribly aggressive against players who deserve it.
    Just because you help new players doesn't give you the right to be aggressive against players who you think deserve it. Going by what i have read on this thread, i really feel for those new players you have helped. Most likely you have sent them in the wrong direction in this game.

    Remember you don't own any mobs or spawns, 20 people can come hunt next to you whether you are "defense skilling" or whatever you feel is ok, provided they don't steal your kills. Which may happen every now because people play this game semi-afk. Send them a polite message to say "hey can you please make sure you don't kill the mobs i am currently shooting". They will 9/10 times say sorry i was semi-afk and will move further away.

    If i see someone in the area i am hunting that has multiple mobs on them and I just killed all the ones around me, i may take one away from them by shooting it if they have not done any damage to that mob and are not wearing armor. If they are not actively shooting the target or raising the mobs loot with armor decay, then its fair game imo. If they then messaged to say, hey i was defense skilling, i would politely say sorry didn't know and then move away.

    Here's the key thing, instead of getting aggressive towards others, just leave the area. Move away from them, if they start to follow you in that area, then change areas and go hunt something else. There are plenty of mobs in the game. Getting aggresive, mob training, kill stealing, or anything else you think that player deserves is just distruptive gameplay which they can provide to MA against you.

    Regarding bots, yes its disappointing they are in the game, but there is no MMO out there that doesn't have bots. There are always ways to program them around checks and they would just get more complicated if MA started banning. However since this is an RCE, they have to be very careful about banning someone for botting.
    Also this is a zero sum game, bots essentially just feed the loot pool and generate decay, they don't tt profit. Only way for them to profit is from others, which hunting mobs does not do unless you found one that does a ton of good MU loot.

    The AH bots are more of an issue than hunting bots.

  3. #33
    Old Alpha Detritus's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Avatar
    Detritus the Troll
    Posts
    1,052
    Images
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Deemer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like I said in the beginning, you've been there for two months.
    More than 8 hours every day.
    A normal player, he would not have survived that much. 2-3 days without moving for any purpose.. ok.. But a NORMAL player, during this period, had checked at least 100 times another respawn, even if he was on the same mob.

    Oh you poor child, normal people don't play this game.

    There's nothing out of the ordinary for someone to camp a spot for absurd amounts of time. I often keep my toon parked while I'm at work and occasionally fire off a few shots while waiting on stuff; probably seems sketch to you. If you hit some popular grinding spots you can often see the same people there for months (years?) at a time. I would often see a particular uber at one of my favorite hunting spots almost daily and he would always ignore my hellos and even my pms, but I never accused him of being a bot.

    Just because people don't play the same way as you doesn't warrant you accusing them of cheating, botting, or other forms of manipulation without clear evidence. You don't get to decide what's "normal" game play.

  4. #34
    Stalker
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Thorns Rose's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    USA
    Avatar
    New York Rose
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    2,585
    Images
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here are some footage of the most well known botter who admited meeting with Mindark (camera related VU)








    There are 1 gazillion of videos with him and his soc members online if you care to search for them.
    I am curious about after grabbing a Mindark Official and him as a witness to this, what was done?

    I think this is horrible. I hope MA does ban these guys as it really kills the economy and the spirit of honest gamers spending their RL hard earned money and makes you feel hopeless against this in many areas.

    Last edited by Thorns Rose; 01-30-2020 at 19:26.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because... .
    Man, you're just a crafter, a miner, or a high level hunter, where that kind of players, of this game development, hardly any of them will get to. And he didn't understand the essence of it all.

    It's just a game of real money. And for many people this is the only understanding of participation. They do not understand the meaning of dignity, let alone what you say.. morality.

    I don't play with Laser Weapons and AMP. Maybe that's why some of you don't understand what exactly is going on. My game play is for HP and defense, preferring to be beaten by multiple mobs at once. That's why most when they see a mobs hit me start beating them. These mobs are feeded by my Armor and Fap.

    So, how many of you think hunting means 10 mobs?

    Think of it like a normal MMO, where you have a mission to kill a 1k mobs. You go to the field and there are 100 mobs. Will you begin your mission with someone you need to share your mobs with or will you go somewhere that does not interfere each other?

    There are a lot of people who just know about the pool, forget everything else.. let alone morale.

    How many people who have this morale will make a production to Online Support from the a week ago in my case.

    Usually, with the people who have the moral you are talking about, there will be no such conflict in the field at all. This guy is there for some purpose.. a mission.. or just exploring new places. In that case, I even help the new players.. cure for survival... and everything that is normal in normal game play, and that what you said me. But here we are talking about people who perceive others as food.. like.. hey.. he hunts there all day, wait to check on him, what he has prepared for me to eat.
    This man is purposeful. It comes from the teleport straight to me. Kills 10 mob and runs away. When this is repeated, it makes an impression and the names are remembered. These people I just ignore. I don't report them.. for what. Someday i will catch them on biger mobs.
    But when they report me because they came to me and I am bad, it is illogical for me to punish me for that. If you think a player has the right to fight next to me and I don't have that right ... it's illogical to me. Is that what you're trying to tell me? Whether you accept it, I will continue to be very aggressive towards these players because my patience for them has run out.

    Have I failed anyone.. I hope not. I didn't lie to anyone. And I did not give wrong advices.

    Let's not forget that I am also a player and I have the same rights as the others. I don't think it's normal for a player using a bot to have the temptation to report me as being an obstacle to his bot, and at the same time, someone telling me that I have to leave this place so that there is no conflict.. this is not normal for me . But if this is considered normal by the majority, I might as well do it.



    I also think market is the bigger problem. If Mindark can hardly determine if anyone is using Bot.
    It has logs/transaction history in the market that it should be able to handle.

    Тhere are illogical ratios that do not correspond to reality. I'm talking about current sales versus the ratio that is sold today/week. It's just illogical and it's only in Mindark's hands. The simplest example is Muscle Oil, the most common loot for a new players.

    Selling skills below the market price of an empty implant, no matter what the reason is illogical. These things are only in Mindark's hands.

  6. 01-30-2020, 21:34
    Reason
    2.3 - Personal Disputes

  7. #36
    Old Alpha Darth Revan's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Canada
    Avatar
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Posts
    1,036
    Images
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Deemer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wall of text
    Great another one that pays no attention to what people are trying to tell them....i revert back to my first post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well at least the title of this thread is accurate...

  8. #37
    Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Mega's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Avatar
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Posts
    15,453
    Blog Entries
    6
    Images
    1776


    Try and collect friends in Entropia, makes for a more pleasant experience for everyone.
    Never know when you may need one.



    Real abuse, that's what support cases are for.


    (Disclaimer: I know none of the individuals or the events alleged in this thread)

  9. #38
    Mutated Xen's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2005
    Avatar
    Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Posts
    9,961
    Images
    400
    Thread title is accurate.
    Xen Shop ☯ Halloween Ring 2018 | Fi/Ra/Co Dante | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Hedoc Mayhem, Adjusted t4.20 | Robot Cache Strongbox

  10. #39
    Provider Captain Crunch's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2018
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Germany
    Avatar
    Captain Cereal Crunch
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by xodus4000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After reading this (and other threads regarding the issue of money making in PE), my conclusion is that making money in this game just doesn't work anymore. The effort is not worth the reward. So basically, it's just another "pay for" gaming environment.
    making money in the game works to 100%, you just need to now how. But you can also just play the game, it is nothing wrong with this option. The reward is entertainment.

  11. 01-31-2020, 02:06
    Reason
    3.6 - Real-world Controversial Discussion

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thread title is accurate.
    Thank you, I had a premonition and tried to think about it.
    Somehow I feel obliged to answer people who do not understand why the topic is. Including a bot that tried to justify itself.
    I'm glad you appreciate it, Thanks!

  13. 01-31-2020, 03:27
    Reason
    3.6 - Real-world Controversial Discussion

  14. 01-31-2020, 10:18
    Reason
    3.6 - Real-world Controversial Discussion

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook