PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Just a next useless thread into the history

When I started the game, I learned from tutorials that the markup of the items was the basis of profit. For the last two months, I have been on the planet Cyrene, because I found a good markup, taking info from the menu that shows the history of purchases.

During this two month period I have sold less than 5% of the loot. And since I see that it's hard to sell, the logic is to cut the markup. But it seems someone prefers to buy at a higher price. I mean that this market is being manipulated.

Some time ago there was a confession from a player(here in the forum) that he was blocked by MA, but after a while. What could be the benefit of MA keeping these players, once he knew what they were doing.

Two days ago I reported on a player using a bot.
    When I kill a mob that he's headed for, he stands by the corpse until i picks it up. He seems to be watching the bot for a while, but not for the most part.

100m from this one there is another one, who was there when I came to the planet and it is still there(how long ago it been there I do not know), but in the same place all day for two months. Yesterday, I kill some mobs next to him, as his fellow men do against me. The player's reactions, was like start playing Entropia for the first time. Orientation zero, to the environment and mobs.
    I wonder if You have been doing the same thing for the last two months, whether your reaction to a new target will be the same.. hardly..

These bots are still in the game..
    Market manipulators are in the game...
    even MA knows who they are.

I do not know how to summarize, but if this game is based on Market and MA is "powerless". If bots have this freedom ... how do I fight a machine that has energy 24/7 and its goal is a 0.01% profit. Looks like MA target group now are new players, which will leaving the game after 2-3 months.

Of course I will miss the internet masters who say everything in two right words. But overall, I'm interested in older players who have experience with the economics of the game.

Is there anything that i see wrong, i mean about the market?
    What do you think about my Bot cases..
    What do you think will be the development in the next few years.. i'm mostly interesing, becouse we see whats happends with skills markup.
    Last edited by Deemer; 02-04-2020 at 07:25.

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Well MA allows account sharing which is bannable in every other game I play and I consider cheating. They should change their stance on this but they won't because why would they. I always looked at it if you aren't personally playing your acct then that is cheating but again I am used to account sharing being a perma ban. Here it isn't so I guess anything goes.

Bots are used by some top players while they play other games. It's no secret and perhaps MA feels that if they aren't totally AFK like sleeping it is okay? Just a grey area like their stance on account sharing.

There should be Anti bot sweeps and anyone with one should get a 6 month ban like in every other game.

Just my 2 cents, for some reason this doesn't get addressed maybe because PED is being cycled? Maybe at the end of the day botting is considered the same as AFK at crafting, or AFK at sweating and it is just okay now to do? I don't know what MA's stance is "NOW" but there is a lot of obvious botting activity sooo....
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-29-2020 at 13:01.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 49 Resource Gatherer - 5,578 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,486 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 5,043 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you did not report it on cyrene forum it will likely be ignored

4. 01-29-2020, 12:59
    Reason
    Off topic/derailing + response

5. 01-29-2020, 13:03
    Reason
    Off topic/derailing + response

MA is a bit weird about bots.

I have seen a case with one person, where we even saw video evidence posted here with an MA official following them.

They even got ATH in MM once, yet they are still here.

/shrug

7. 01-29-2020, 13:55
    Reason
    2.3 - Personal Disputes

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Marcus Luma Lucius
    Society
    ░▒▓ IRIDIUM ░▒▓
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by schneiw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I have seen a case with one person, where we even saw video evidence posted here with an MA official following them.

/shrug
    can you please clarify this or point me in the direction where i can find more info on that matter?f
    Quote Originally Posted by LeWolf86 View Post
    This game is similar to anal sex... if you try to force it... no one will be happy...Let it come naturally...

9. 01-29-2020, 14:12
    Reason
    2.3 - Personal Disputes

10. 01-29-2020, 14:19
    Reason
    2.3 - Personal Disputes

11. 01-29-2020, 14:38
    Reason
    2.3 - Personal Disputes

Some time ago I meet the bot in shinook too, mining almost all the time, when anyone appear on his radar he stop mining and not move until area around is clear. Ive watched him a bit, call a friend and we called via chat on entropiauniverse page Caly official, he log in and look a the bot, then he log him off and said that he will be watching him. That was a year ago, this bot is still ingame and doing his thing all the time.

Last time on RT I meet another bot, mining with unl lvl 7, knowing that MA will do a shit to him. This one was operated by live person who was checking him every 1-2h if someone is not blocking his claim. I was standing between him and his claim for 5-6 minutes when he was trying to extract it with nothing against that from his side, not a single word after that he wrote to chat that I should stop following him.

MA don't care, more someone mine, more money MA earn.

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by schneiw View Post

/shrug
    Weird is the best way to state it, a lot of obvious botters have been allowed to play unpunished and likely falls in this grey area now. There will never be a response on botting because anything in this grey area just kinda gets swept under the rug, see no evil hear no evil type of stance.

I just accepted the fact that this is a type of game that will always have a massive amount of botting because it is never punished, at least not anymore. So I don't get worked up about it.

I firmly believe that you are allowed to use Bots in this game as long as you are near your computer. At least that is what has been allowed. Will this change? I don't know... I don't see this ever changing.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 49 Resource Gatherer - 5,578 RG Skill points

[Reply to deleted post removed]

Back on topic, YES there is cheaters ingame.
    And yes that's right MA hardly do anything about it.

That's a shame considering it's a RCE.

I lately met someone in PvP that I'm 99.99% sure he's using bot or any kind of cheat.
    Fought for about 2h to come to this conclusion, it was not just 1 single kill.
    The guy can shoot you if you're on his side or even on his back, without his avatar moving..
    Still not reported him cause I want to get it on video first.

I think MA greatly underestimates the impact cheat ingame has on the players' hopes.

We should have anti-cheat ingame.
    MA should have working people dedicated to fight cheating ingame. (Again it's a RCE!)
    We should see some people banned for some example, then some players would think twice before they use any cheat.

PS:

To OP;

You should remove names of the avatars you named, since I'm afraid you're post will be removed cause of this.
    I once named a well known boter here (several video evidences), and have been myself banned 1 week from PCF cause of this. (nice hu ?)

Best to do is always the same: Report to MA by support case.
    Last edited by Ludvig|MindArk; 02-02-2020 at 21:46.

My friend brought this post to my attention. Apparently I'm "100m from this one there is another one" from original post according to my friend - avatar names were removed when I visited so I can't be sure. But I had a run up with Deemer yesterday so it sounds right.

Here is what I think about it:
    - hunting for two months same mob is not botting - I know ppl who hunt way way longer, having more persistence to not switch mobs than Deemer doesn't make me a bot
    - having more time than Deemer to hunt is not botting - same as above
    - ignoring his misbehavior and attempt to angry me doesn't make me a bot too - I play long enough to ignore ppl like him which always cause such ppl to leave eventually
    - his loot not selling is not my fault, cyrene has slow market and you have to know how to navigate it - is lack of knowledge is not my fault again
    - from his first post (and this one) he seems to like conspiracy theories: somebody globals next to him = exploiter, his loot doesn't sell = marker manipulation, somebody hunts too long = botter

Both mine and other's guys responses are adequate to what Deemer did to us. Other guy talked to him on local asking to stop what he was doing or he will report him. He even pointed him other spawn if he wanted to continue his exploits. I didn't talk to him at all but made plenty of screenshots. I honestly was thinking he was a bot - he kept killing mobs standing next to me completely ignoring me, he didn't say a word to me or other guy (when he warned him about report). He also didn't respond to my increase of DPS of gun used - I was winning all mobs we started shooting together and yet he kept doing this. That's how bots behave Deemer.

More about what Deemer did on that spawn:
    - he seems to train evade/dodge on that spawn, these mobs have favorable L/HP ratio so they give a lot of skill yet they don't hit hard. What he does is so called mob trains pulling ALL mobs for spawn and then later running into water. Isn't that exploit Deemer? Did you care about you not letting us hunt when you do that? It don't come there to profit as you said in OP, you came there to exploit mob trains to skill your defence - you are not the first one by the way.
    - he once pulled ALL mobs again but this time instead of killing them in water he just pulled them far away and probably T out. The effect for me was not a single mob to hunt, I waited 30 mins for mobs to come back and then logged out not having anything to shot to.
    - then when other guy warned him about report, he switched strategies - we probably offended him by our presence so he started to KS us. I had like 2-3h of him standing next to me and following me trying to kill exactly the mob I was targeting.
    - when that didn't work he also started killing all mobs without looting which I managed to save on screenshots (I will post few once I figure out how to do it)

I also want to point out he is the most annoying person I ever met in EU. Nobody ever followed my for so long trying to deliberately KS me. Killing and no looting to deplete mobs to hunt is something I never saw before. He did that to me and other hunter not because we are bots but because we were in his way to exploit mob train exploit.

I let other hunter know about this thread, maybe he will respond too.

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by suddenfarmer View Post
    - he seems to train evade/dodge on that spawn, these mobs have favorable L/HP ratio so they give a lot of skill yet they don't hit hard. What he does is so called mob trains pulling ALL mobs for spawn and then later running into water. Isn't that exploit Deemer?
    No that isn't an exploit, defense skilling in groups of mobs and turreting them or drowning them after they are dry of skills has been in game for ages. Just wish there was no Death timer again because doing this on giant mobs was really fun. I have had more fun suicide skillin than hunting. It can be pretty entertaining if you make it that way with a group of ppl.

Fun was detected so it was nerfed, then added a death timer to nerf again.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-29-2020 at 17:20.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast