PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No that isn't an exploit, defense skilling in groups of mobs and turreting them or drowning them after they are dry of skills has been in game for ages. Just wish there was no Death timer again because doing this on giant mobs was really fun. I have had more fun suicide skillin than hunting. It can be pretty entertaining if you make it that way with a group of ppl.

Fun was detected so it was nerfed, then added a death timer to nerf again.
    It's not that fun when somebody pulls all mobs in spawn you hunt completely ignoring you want to hunt. And then later bash you on forum because you warned that person you will report him.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusLucius View Post
    can you please clarify this or point me in the direction where i can find more info on that matter?f
    Here are some footage of the most well known botter who admited meeting with Mindark (camera related VU)

There are 1 gazillion of videos with him and his soc members online if you care to search for them.

Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by suddenfarmer View Post
    It's not that fun when somebody pulls all mobs in spawn you hunt completely ignoring you want to hunt. And then later bash you on forum because you warned that person you will report him.
    Your personal squabble doesn't change my statement on the mechanics of defense skilling and that it isn't an exploit. I don't care about personal politics and I objectively answered your question.

Now as for Botters there are people using Bots everyday and commenting on these very forums acting like they don't use them. It's hilarious at this point.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points
    I am Bruce Lee - 6,414 Martial Arts
    I am growing Strongah with the Force - 4,920 Force Merge

Being Realistic is the most traveled road to Mediocrity.

4. 01-29-2020, 17:28
    Reason
    Same post several times.

6. 01-29-2020, 17:32
    Reason
    Same post several times.

My friend brought this post to my attention...
    I think running whith lot of mob, trying to skill evade or whatever is not exploit. (can be discussed)

But doing it where people try to just hunt, and doing it again after people ask to stop it is indeed annoying and actually can be "harrasing".

Following someone for 2h or steal his mob clearly is too.

Now people should just stop repeating "I'll report you" and not doing anything.

When someone do this, ask him kindly to stop 1 time, maybe 2 times, then just report him.
    It's easy, you don't even have to make a support if an Official is online.

Type "official" in user register, find one online, and PM him whith the full name of the guy.

I met people stealing mob to noobs repeatidly, almost daily, they have been warned lot of times, but since nothing happens to them they absolutely don't care..

Just tell to an Official, he will PM the guy, or eventually he can come in and discreetly monitor what is happening.

And maybe when MA gets tired of getting PMs or support about this kind of stuff, they'll take real action, and eventually people will stop this kind of bullshit knowing that they're really risking something doing this.

- he seems to train evade/dodge on that spawn, these mobs have favorable L/HP ratio so they give a lot of skill yet they don't hit hard. What he does is so called mob trains pulling ALL mobs for spawn and then later running into water. Isn't that exploit Deemer? Did you care about you not letting us hunt when you do that? It don't come there to profit as you said in OP, you came there to exploit mob trains to skill your defence - you are not the first one by the way.
    - he once pulled ALL mobs again but this time instead of killing them in water he just pulled them far away and probably T out. The effect for me was not a single mob to hunt, I waited 30 mins for mobs to come back and then logged out not having anything to shot to.
    - then when other guy warned him about report, he switched strategies - we probably offended him by our presence so he started to KS us. I had like 2-3h of him standing next to me and following me trying to kill exactly the mob I was targeting.
    - when that didn't work he also started killing all mobs without looting which I managed to save on screenshots (I will post few once I figure out how to do it)
    We are allowed to skill defense skills as long as it is done manually. We are not allowed to use software and/or
    hardware to do this. If common sense isn't used when skilling this way my guess is that MA could take
    actions to stop it.

I doubt MA will look at the behaviour to hide mobs, so no one else can hunt them, in a positive way.

When it comes to KS it's a greyzone. From technical p.o.v there is no such thing as KS (i.e how value is
    built up for a loot payout), but from a experience p.o.v there is, and since we are not allowed to interfere
    with others in that kind of way, I guess MA could take actions if it's done a lot.

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    But doing it where people try to just hunt, and doing it again after people ask to stop it is indeed annoying and actually can be "harrasing".

Following someone for 2h or steal his mob clearly is too.

Now people should just stop repeating "I'll report you" and not doing anything.

When someone do this, ask him kindly to stop 1 time, maybe 2 times, then just report him.
    It's easy, you don't even have to make a support if an Official is online.

Bingo, you get a warning then you get ignored and reported and it's up to MA to figure out. If you record it or take SS it makes it all the easier for the support team.

In case anyone wants to know. The only place you can officially mob train someone is in PvP. Anything goes! To be specific I mean the PvP orange zones like the Oil Rig. I verified this with MA. I don't know their stance on regular PvP. Mob training is extremely fun but it is only allowed in those areas. I really think MA should consider a mob training bonus daily for non PvP to spice things up.

Edit - I know I have seen it mentioned only orange PvP before but in here it says just PvP so to me that says any PvP area you can mob train. Been awhile since I looked.

Last edited by The Abomb; 01-29-2020 at 17:59.
    The Abomb now has Expert Wood! Level 48 Resource Gatherer - 5,564 RG Skill points

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Honestly not trolling here, but just genuinely curious why hunting bots really matter that much? Particularly one that just grinds mediocre mobs in mediocre gear.. how is that any different from any random live player just semi-afk hunting all day? What do y'all think the bot is taking away from you?

To be clear, I don't condone botting; but as I watched a couple of the vids it looks a lot like me hunting afk while watching a movie or something, just made me wonder what's the difference.

Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    Honestly not trolling here, but just genuinely curious why hunting bots really matter that much? Particularly one that just grinds mediocre mobs in mediocre gear.. how is that any different from any random live player just semi-afk hunting all day? What do y'all think the bot is taking away from you?

To be clear, I don't condone botting; but as I watched a couple of the vids it looks a lot like me hunting afk while watching a movie or something, just made me wonder what's the difference.
    You make some good points and again why in this game I don't get too worked up about it. However the area where it sucks is these players get to farm skills 24 hours a day (which is unfair) I take skilling very seriously but I am only human, I can't compete with a Bot. The core purpose of this game is building up a powerful avatar! How many skills can you get! This is where a Bot can just win or a team can win making it unfair for a solo human player.

How many skills you can attain is part of the competition and main aspect of this game as an MMORPG.

So for myself the only way I can compete against all these bots is to try and attain the most skills per hour possible by being efficient and smart. It's the only solution but ideally I rather not compete with Bots or Teams playing one account. Whoever gets the most skills, HP and Attributes wins Entropia. When people are obviously botting or using other means to achieve that. It's hard for the legit player.
    Last edited by The Abomb; 01-29-2020 at 18:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post

Can you do it 24/7 ?
    I have to sleep sometimes..

Also, this is not something to discuss.. Bots are not allowed, end of story.
    Just imagine it would be allowed, then no more players there, only bots playing EU..

Now I have to tell I am much more worried about bot or cheat for PvP than hunting bots.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast