Just a next useless thread into the history

Status

Deemer

Prowler
When I started the game, I learned from tutorials that the markup of the items was the basis of profit. For the last two months, I have been on the planet Cyrene, because I found a good markup, taking info from the menu that shows the history of purchases.

During this two month period I have sold less than 5% of the loot. And since I see that it's hard to sell, the logic is to cut the markup. But it seems someone prefers to buy at a higher price. I mean that this market is being manipulated.

Some time ago there was a confession from a player(here in the forum) that he was blocked by MA, but after a while. What could be the benefit of MA keeping these players, once he knew what they were doing.

Two days ago I reported on a player using a bot.
When I kill a mob that he's headed for, he stands by the corpse until i picks it up. He seems to be watching the bot for a while, but not for the most part.

100m from this one there is another one, who was there when I came to the planet and it is still there(how long ago it been there I do not know), but in the same place all day for two months. Yesterday, I kill some mobs next to him, as his fellow men do against me. The player's reactions, was like start playing Entropia for the first time. Orientation zero, to the environment and mobs.
I wonder if You have been doing the same thing for the last two months, whether your reaction to a new target will be the same.. hardly..

These bots are still in the game..
Market manipulators are in the game...
even MA knows who they are.

I do not know how to summarize, but if this game is based on Market and MA is "powerless". If bots have this freedom ... how do I fight a machine that has energy 24/7 and its goal is a 0.01% profit. Looks like MA target group now are new players, which will leaving the game after 2-3 months.

Of course I will miss the internet masters who say everything in two right words. But overall, I'm interested in older players who have experience with the economics of the game.

Is there anything that i see wrong, i mean about the market?
What do you think about my Bot cases..
What do you think will be the development in the next few years.. i'm mostly interesing, becouse we see whats happends with skills markup.

Last edited:
Well MA allows account sharing which is bannable in every other game I play and I consider cheating. They should change their stance on this but they won't because why would they. I always looked at it if you aren't personally playing your acct then that is cheating but again I am used to account sharing being a perma ban. Here it isn't so I guess anything goes.

Bots are used by some top players while they play other games. It's no secret and perhaps MA feels that if they aren't totally AFK like sleeping it is okay? Just a grey area like their stance on account sharing.

There should be Anti bot sweeps and anyone with one should get a 6 month ban like in every other game.

Just my 2 cents, for some reason this doesn't get addressed maybe because PED is being cycled? Maybe at the end of the day botting is considered the same as AFK at crafting, or AFK at sweating and it is just okay now to do? I don't know what MA's stance is "NOW" but there is a lot of obvious botting activity sooo....

Last edited:
If you did not report it on cyrene forum it will likely be ignored

MA is a bit weird about bots.

I have seen a case with one person, where we even saw video evidence posted here with an MA official following them.

They even got ATH in MM once, yet they are still here.

/shrug

I have seen a case with one person, where we even saw video evidence posted here with an MA official following them.

/shrug

can you please clarify this or point me in the direction where i can find more info on that matter?f

Some time ago I meet the bot in shinook too, mining almost all the time, when anyone appear on his radar he stop mining and not move until area around is clear. Ive watched him a bit, call a friend and we called via chat on entropiauniverse page Caly official, he log in and look a the bot, then he log him off and said that he will be watching him. That was a year ago, this bot is still ingame and doing his thing all the time.

Last time on RT I meet another bot, mining with unl lvl 7, knowing that MA will do a shit to him. This one was operated by live person who was checking him every 1-2h if someone is not blocking his claim. I was standing between him and his claim for 5-6 minutes when he was trying to extract it with nothing against that from his side, not a single word after that he wrote to chat that I should stop following him.

MA don't care, more someone mine, more money MA earn.

/shrug

Weird is the best way to state it, a lot of obvious botters have been allowed to play unpunished and likely falls in this grey area now. There will never be a response on botting because anything in this grey area just kinda gets swept under the rug, see no evil hear no evil type of stance.

I just accepted the fact that this is a type of game that will always have a massive amount of botting because it is never punished, at least not anymore. So I don't get worked up about it.

I firmly believe that you are allowed to use Bots in this game as long as you are near your computer. At least that is what has been allowed. Will this change? I don't know... I don't see this ever changing.

[Reply to deleted post removed]

Back on topic, YES there is cheaters ingame.
And yes that's right MA hardly do anything about it.

That's a shame considering it's a RCE. :wise:

I lately met someone in PvP that I'm 99.99% sure he's using bot or any kind of cheat.
Fought for about 2h to come to this conclusion, it was not just 1 single kill.
The guy can shoot you if you're on his side or even on his back, without his avatar moving.. :rolleyes:
Still not reported him cause I want to get it on video first.

I think MA greatly underestimates the impact cheat ingame has on the players' hopes.

We should have anti-cheat ingame.
MA should have working people dedicated to fight cheating ingame. (Again it's a RCE!)
We should see some people banned for some example, then some players would think twice before they use any cheat.

PS:

To OP;

You should remove names of the avatars you named, since I'm afraid you're post will be removed cause of this.
I once named a well known boter here (several video evidences), and have been myself banned 1 week from PCF cause of this. (nice hu ?)

Best to do is always the same: Report to MA by support case.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend brought this post to my attention. Apparently I'm "100m from this one there is another one" from original post according to my friend - avatar names were removed when I visited so I can't be sure. But I had a run up with Deemer yesterday so it sounds right.

Here is what I think about it:
- hunting for two months same mob is not botting - I know ppl who hunt way way longer, having more persistence to not switch mobs than Deemer doesn't make me a bot
- having more time than Deemer to hunt is not botting - same as above
- ignoring his misbehavior and attempt to angry me doesn't make me a bot too - I play long enough to ignore ppl like him which always cause such ppl to leave eventually
- his loot not selling is not my fault, cyrene has slow market and you have to know how to navigate it - is lack of knowledge is not my fault again
- from his first post (and this one) he seems to like conspiracy theories: somebody globals next to him = exploiter, his loot doesn't sell = marker manipulation, somebody hunts too long = botter

Both mine and other's guys responses are adequate to what Deemer did to us. Other guy talked to him on local asking to stop what he was doing or he will report him. He even pointed him other spawn if he wanted to continue his exploits. I didn't talk to him at all but made plenty of screenshots. I honestly was thinking he was a bot - he kept killing mobs standing next to me completely ignoring me, he didn't say a word to me or other guy (when he warned him about report). He also didn't respond to my increase of DPS of gun used - I was winning all mobs we started shooting together and yet he kept doing this. That's how bots behave Deemer.

More about what Deemer did on that spawn:
- he seems to train evade/dodge on that spawn, these mobs have favorable L/HP ratio so they give a lot of skill yet they don't hit hard. What he does is so called mob trains pulling ALL mobs for spawn and then later running into water. Isn't that exploit Deemer? Did you care about you not letting us hunt when you do that? It don't come there to profit as you said in OP, you came there to exploit mob trains to skill your defence - you are not the first one by the way.
- he once pulled ALL mobs again but this time instead of killing them in water he just pulled them far away and probably T out. The effect for me was not a single mob to hunt, I waited 30 mins for mobs to come back and then logged out not having anything to shot to.
- then when other guy warned him about report, he switched strategies - we probably offended him by our presence so he started to KS us. I had like 2-3h of him standing next to me and following me trying to kill exactly the mob I was targeting.
- when that didn't work he also started killing all mobs without looting which I managed to save on screenshots (I will post few once I figure out how to do it)

I also want to point out he is the most annoying person I ever met in EU. Nobody ever followed my for so long trying to deliberately KS me. Killing and no looting to deplete mobs to hunt is something I never saw before. He did that to me and other hunter not because we are bots but because we were in his way to exploit mob train exploit.

I let other hunter know about this thread, maybe he will respond too.

- he seems to train evade/dodge on that spawn, these mobs have favorable L/HP ratio so they give a lot of skill yet they don't hit hard. What he does is so called mob trains pulling ALL mobs for spawn and then later running into water. Isn't that exploit Deemer?

No that isn't an exploit, defense skilling in groups of mobs and turreting them or drowning them after they are dry of skills has been in game for ages. Just wish there was no Death timer again because doing this on giant mobs was really fun. I have had more fun suicide skillin than hunting. It can be pretty entertaining if you make it that way with a group of ppl.

Fun was detected so it was nerfed, then added a death timer to nerf again.

Last edited:
No that isn't an exploit, defense skilling in groups of mobs and turreting them or drowning them after they are dry of skills has been in game for ages. Just wish there was no Death timer again because doing this on giant mobs was really fun. I have had more fun suicide skillin than hunting. It can be pretty entertaining if you make it that way with a group of ppl.

Fun was detected so it was nerfed, then added a death timer to nerf again.

It's not that fun when somebody pulls all mobs in spawn you hunt completely ignoring you want to hunt. And then later bash you on forum because you warned that person you will report him.

can you please clarify this or point me in the direction where i can find more info on that matter?f

Here are some footage of the most well known botter who admited meeting with Mindark (camera related VU)

There are 1 gazillion of videos with him and his soc members online if you care to search for them.

It's not that fun when somebody pulls all mobs in spawn you hunt completely ignoring you want to hunt. And then later bash you on forum because you warned that person you will report him.

Your personal squabble doesn't change my statement on the mechanics of defense skilling and that it isn't an exploit. I don't care about personal politics and I objectively answered your question.

Now as for Botters there are people using Bots everyday and commenting on these very forums acting like they don't use them. It's hilarious at this point.

entropia_2020-01-28_15.45.56_priv.jpg

entropia_2020-01-28_15.44.00_3_priv.jpg

My friend brought this post to my attention...

I think running whith lot of mob, trying to skill evade or whatever is not exploit. (can be discussed)

But doing it where people try to just hunt, and doing it again after people ask to stop it is indeed annoying and actually can be "harrasing".

Following someone for 2h or steal his mob clearly is too.

Now people should just stop repeating "I'll report you" and not doing anything.

When someone do this, ask him kindly to stop 1 time, maybe 2 times, then just report him.
It's easy, you don't even have to make a support if an Official is online.

Type "official" in user register, find one online, and PM him whith the full name of the guy.

I met people stealing mob to noobs repeatidly, almost daily, they have been warned lot of times, but since nothing happens to them they absolutely don't care..

Just tell to an Official, he will PM the guy, or eventually he can come in and discreetly monitor what is happening.

And maybe when MA gets tired of getting PMs or support about this kind of stuff, they'll take real action, and eventually people will stop this kind of bullshit knowing that they're really risking something doing this.

- he seems to train evade/dodge on that spawn, these mobs have favorable L/HP ratio so they give a lot of skill yet they don't hit hard. What he does is so called mob trains pulling ALL mobs for spawn and then later running into water. Isn't that exploit Deemer? Did you care about you not letting us hunt when you do that? It don't come there to profit as you said in OP, you came there to exploit mob trains to skill your defence - you are not the first one by the way.
- he once pulled ALL mobs again but this time instead of killing them in water he just pulled them far away and probably T out. The effect for me was not a single mob to hunt, I waited 30 mins for mobs to come back and then logged out not having anything to shot to.
- then when other guy warned him about report, he switched strategies - we probably offended him by our presence so he started to KS us. I had like 2-3h of him standing next to me and following me trying to kill exactly the mob I was targeting.
- when that didn't work he also started killing all mobs without looting which I managed to save on screenshots (I will post few once I figure out how to do it)

We are allowed to skill defense skills as long as it is done manually. We are not allowed to use software and/or
hardware to do this. If common sense isn't used when skilling this way my guess is that MA could take
actions to stop it.

I doubt MA will look at the behaviour to hide mobs, so no one else can hunt them, in a positive way.

When it comes to KS it's a greyzone. From technical p.o.v there is no such thing as KS (i.e how value is
built up for a loot payout), but from a experience p.o.v there is, and since we are not allowed to interfere
with others in that kind of way, I guess MA could take actions if it's done a lot.

But doing it where people try to just hunt, and doing it again after people ask to stop it is indeed annoying and actually can be "harrasing".

Following someone for 2h or steal his mob clearly is too.

Now people should just stop repeating "I'll report you" and not doing anything.

When someone do this, ask him kindly to stop 1 time, maybe 2 times, then just report him.
It's easy, you don't even have to make a support if an Official is online.

Bingo, you get a warning then you get ignored and reported and it's up to MA to figure out. If you record it or take SS it makes it all the easier for the support team.

In case anyone wants to know. The only place you can officially mob train someone is in PvP. Anything goes! To be specific I mean the PvP orange zones like the Oil Rig. I verified this with MA. I don't know their stance on regular PvP. Mob training is extremely fun but it is only allowed in those areas. I really think MA should consider a mob training bonus daily for non PvP to spice things up. :dance:

Edit - I know I have seen it mentioned only orange PvP before but in here it says just PvP so to me that says any PvP area you can mob train. Been awhile since I looked.

Last edited:
Honestly not trolling here, but just genuinely curious why hunting bots really matter that much? Particularly one that just grinds mediocre mobs in mediocre gear.. how is that any different from any random live player just semi-afk hunting all day? What do y'all think the bot is taking away from you?

To be clear, I don't condone botting; but as I watched a couple of the vids it looks a lot like me hunting afk while watching a movie or something, just made me wonder what's the difference.

Honestly not trolling here, but just genuinely curious why hunting bots really matter that much? Particularly one that just grinds mediocre mobs in mediocre gear.. how is that any different from any random live player just semi-afk hunting all day? What do y'all think the bot is taking away from you?

To be clear, I don't condone botting; but as I watched a couple of the vids it looks a lot like me hunting afk while watching a movie or something, just made me wonder what's the difference.

You make some good points and again why in this game I don't get too worked up about it. However the area where it sucks is these players get to farm skills 24 hours a day (which is unfair) I take skilling very seriously but I am only human, I can't compete with a Bot. The core purpose of this game is building up a powerful avatar! How many skills can you get! This is where a Bot can just win or a team can win making it unfair for a solo human player.

How many skills you can attain is part of the competition and main aspect of this game as an MMORPG.

So for myself the only way I can compete against all these bots is to try and attain the most skills per hour possible by being efficient and smart. It's the only solution but ideally I rather not compete with Bots or Teams playing one account. Whoever gets the most skills, HP and Attributes wins Entropia. When people are obviously botting or using other means to achieve that. It's hard for the legit player.

Last edited:

Can you do it 24/7 ?
I have to sleep sometimes.. :rolleyes:

Also, this is not something to discuss.. Bots are not allowed, end of story.
Just imagine it would be allowed, then no more players there, only bots playing EU.. :wtg:

Now I have to tell I am much more worried about bot or cheat for PvP than hunting bots.

That's right, and well known, MA can't care less about mob train in some PvP zone.
To be honest I'm not sure if it's right or wrong, why not..

Anyway the guy was talking about someone taking mob AWAY from him.
Mob train is the opposite, when someone bring lot of mob on you. :)

Can you do it 24/7 ?

Just imagine it would be allowed, then no more players there, only bots playing EU.. :wtg:

Sounds like US stock exchange :cool:

You sure? I disagree until it is outlawed and MA takes a firm stance on it. By firm stance I mean actually doing Ban waves. Want to see hunting activity drop significantly? Do a Bot ban wave. Why get rid of the most active hunters in EU though? Millions and Millions of PED is cycled by Bots every month in this game.

I stick with my statement here

I firmly believe that you are allowed to use Bots in this game as long as you are near your computer. At least that is what has been allowed. Will this change? I don't know... I don't see this ever changing.

Last edited:
Can you do it 24/7 ?

Yea, I get that it's not allowed. My question was why does it bother people so much? Who cares if they are slowly draining their pedcard 24/7 (or quickly if you follow recent threads)? Can you explain how that impacts you?

That's right, and well known, MA can't care less about mob train in some PvP zone.
To be honest I'm not sure if it's right or wrong, why not..

Anyway the guy was talking about someone taking mob AWAY from him.
Mob train is the opposite, when someone bring lot of mob on you. :)

I can't give ya rep but was just adding that in as some people reading aren't always clear on what is allowed so figure id put in an official response since sometimes it likes being disputed. ;)

Last edited:
Well at least the title of this thread is accurate...

Well at least the title of this thread is accurate...

I thought this thread was about cheating in general ingame.

Now if it's just a personal war between two people, indeed it's completely useless.

Don't waste your time guys.
Again if you have something to blame somebody for, just report to MA, they'll check.

I thought this thread was about cheating in general ingame.

Now if it's just a personal war between two people, indeed it's completely useless.

Don't waste your time guys.
Again if you have something to blame somebody for, just report to MA, they'll check.

except they dont

I really dont care if somebody use a bot, try to manipulate the market or use a exploid. At the end the all crying because the payout dosnt work. The deposite many months build up the amount of peds and after that the peds are gone. Every payout get checked easy by MA. Just let the do, if the really do what you think what the do. At the end MA and the community win. :cool:

I really dont care if somebody use a bot, try to manipulate the market or use a exploid. At the end the all crying because the payout dosnt work. The deposite many months build up the amount of peds and after that the peds are gone. Every payout get checked easy by MA. Just let the do, if the really do what you think what the do. At the end MA and the community win. :cool:

After reading this (and other threads regarding the issue of money making in PE), my conclusion is that making money in this game just doesn't work anymore. The effort is not worth the reward. So basically, it's just another "pay for" gaming environment.

Status
Back