All discussions on this forum are futile and I blame MA for it

Geralt

Guardian
tyires tyirepl tyirepl
I've been here much longer than you can see in my profile simply just reading and lurking from time to time when in 2016 I came back after break to EU and created account here to take part in various discussions, many of them interesting, bringing up important issues, informative and very much needed for community. People here can get to the point and discuss things in a good and respectful manner. There is only one problem, all or almost all our discussion here are futile. And I blame MA for that!

Yes, MindArk made me learn this new fancy english word couple of months ago: futile.

Why futile you may ask? Well, lets think about past for a bit. We had here great discussions with knowledgeable avatars about:

• inefficient and broken economy
  • EP IV ruining markup
  • volatile and low TT returns
  • unpredictable and senseless MA decisions
  • cheaters and botters, doubtful account sharing
  • updates nobody asked for
  • promises not delivered: landplots, space updates, political system, stables and many more
  • useless items or items that are so hard to get it is blocking crafting and tiering

And literally tens or hundreds other smaller or bigger issues that were brought up and literally nothing has ever changed. Yes, we had AMA and I was great supporter of it but it has been a year since that and what has changed? There are still question they haven't answered! And don't bother to answer them!

What is the point of discussing anything here when there is always zero or minimal response and action from Mindark.

From time to time you get Ludvig answering some questions about bugs after new VU but I have never ever seen any MindArk official to take part in our discussions. No feedback, no discussions form MA, terrible communication from them like they don't give a singe p.h.u.c.k about us as long as we depo enough.

I've always liked to take part in those discussions with you and there are some of you I really like because I know you can ask good questions and quality of your posts are good. But the reason we start those discussions are that we want to get feedback.

I just realized I lost all my motivation to discuss anything here, all our posts and efforts are essentially futile. I feel we can create thousand more threads about important issues for EU but no feedback from MA just makes all those discussions senseless, we always achieve nothing with it.

You can post as much as you want but it will change nothing. And I blame MA for this. Your customer service and community managing is terrible, worst it the world. I cannot find proper words in english language to describe how poor and bad it is.

This is kinda 'goodbye' post from me. I will cease to take part in any discussions from now as I do not see any point as our discussions here due to MA inactivity will always be futile.

Yes, they always SAY they will improve the relation with the players with more communication. 1 post of the new CEO was all we got.
Half a dozen of "community managers" that mysteriously disappear...

They could take a great example of the Path of Exile team. Insane communication, sublime support, interaction on forum (Reddit) and on top of that a whole new expansion every 3 months. With constant bugfixes, sometimes 5/week during new expansions.

If we're lucky we get something new (but unfinished) every year that no one asked for.... With a fix 1 year later (tiering?)

Oh also. In before a random official we never saw posting before comes here saying everything will improve.

... to take part in various discussions, many of them interesting, bringing up important issues, informative and very much needed for community. People here can get to the point and discuss things in a good and respectful manner. There is only one problem, all or almost all our discussion here are futile. And I blame MA for that!

PCF is a bit like going to the pub.
You have conversations, discussions, have a laugh, etc.
There is only one problem, all or almost all those discussions there are futile.

I blame the pub owner for that!

:tongue2:

*edit* you obviously see PCF as a tool to communicate with MA.
But I was under the impression that PCF was a tool to communicate as player to player.
To share ingame knowledge, or to simply have a laugh and to give home to the occasional troll.

They actually do pay attention here and implement a number of things mentioned here... may take them 5-10 years to actually make those changes, but they do slowly evolve.

If you study the history of big changes in game you'll see that at some point someone actually hinted at or suggested most of them. There's a few curve balls that no one asked for, but there are quite a few that do get implemented over time.

If you are after a faster change time, I suggest moving over to Cyrene and posting on forum over there. Devs there seem to pay attention to forum way the hell more than on any other forum. In just the last couple of years there's been a multitude of changes they've made from my suggestions on the forum over

Vlad will start looting stuff again (as originally promised in March 2018 vu - currently as of 10/12/2018 he doesn't loot anything at all... he simply dies if you kill him and mission to kill him completes):

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/planet-cyrene-vu-notes-march-27th-2018.7825/

http://www.cyreneforum.com/threads/vlad-the-untraveler.7882/#post-28280

----------------

False advertising about price of campfire will be fixed (guess it's 500 and not 50 tokens as advertised when you click on the campfire and the little text thing comes up that says you can buy it for only 50? Hope they make it only 50... since false advertising is not a good thing):
http://www.cyreneforum.com/threads/50-vs-500-tokens-for-fireplace.7911/#post-28278

campfire.jpg

broker-false_advertising_828520.jpg

https://cyreneforum.com/threads/ricardos-buyback-program.8129/#post-29284

The lowering of the weight did help a LOT with issues of avatar slowing down as stacks build up, etc. Also the buyback npc now works! :)

Last edited:
Yes, they always SAY they will improve the relation with the players with more communication. 1 post of the new CEO was all we got.
Half a dozen of "community managers" that mysteriously disappear...

They could take a great example of the Path of Exile team. Insane communication, sublime support, interaction on forum (Reddit) and on top of that a whole new expansion every 3 months. With constant bugfixes, sometimes 5/week during new expansions.

If we're lucky we get something new (but unfinished) every year that no one asked for.... With a fix 1 year later (tiering?)

Oh also. In before a random official we never saw posting before comes here saying everything will improve.

PoE is great example. Digital Extremes and their Warframe is also great example. I am Mastery Rank 27 and played 1k + hours. We have regular twitch devstreams where developers show progress on new ideas and discuss with players. Community managers regularly organize twitch streams where they play the game and talk about it. Bugfixes arrive the same day after updates, they simply listen to community. They communicate, implement playerbase ideas, fight with challenges and keep the game alive.

From almost dead developer in 2013 they grew up to 200 million$ revenue and those are only steam numbers by combining good idea for a game with humble attitude and solid design and programming work.

Railjack was a failure but they work hard on bugfixes and it will be great introduction to The New War content.

MA could do that too but they are just lazy, irresponsible bunch of leeches with no vision, no plan and zero skill. What makes EU great is their community, not developer!

I understand the sense of frustration from Geralt.
Sometimes things seem a bit like a "motionless pond", but I think that is a challenge that we Players can accept without resigning.

For example, to make my ideas more effective I grouped them in a blog, here on Pcf.
Some of those ideas have already been implemented, and some others will be in the future, I reasonably suppose.

MindArk currently is not a big company, financially speaking, and I reasonably guess that some of the current "inefficiencies" come from that.
So I hope that they grow financially, just, at the same time, finding an effective way to fullfill our most reasonable hopes as Player-Community.

In my opinion, they could also consider to become a part of a larger Company, in order to make things easier, faster, and bigger in Entropia Universe :

at least this is what I would do if I were the main Owner of MindArk.

[Update]
It's better to own the 49% (or 51%) of an Empire, than to be the King of a small Village...

Paul

Last edited:
They don't care of not being a big company, they make a good profit out of the few thousands milk and sheep passing by. Once you realise that they absolutly do not give a fuck at all about that....

They can triple the player base with decent return or whatever, at some point they are gonna milk them all. With tweak or rebalancing shit.
joined in 2006, like many i had shitload of break. But forcing to lower your play style or play time to not loose much.... No sorry.

Some still expect something, but damn we have many VU and still the same shit. Eventually going back to spend 10 buck for wow and have unlimited fun.

Just wanted to remind everyone there was a period of time we had consistent, great communication from MA through a certain former player who was let go due to some personal issues. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll.get that kind of fast, consistent feedback again anytime soon

This is why we should all move away from PCF and join the discord instead. At least there we can share funny gifs easier and have voice chat to yell at each other (without the need for in-game voice credits! [remember those days? :cool:])

Well, we asked for melee amps and... we asked for mindforce amps and...
We asked for possibility of zero tt on UL items and...

That's three examples of things that they listened to. In the last vu update something else was added/fixed that we asked for (don't recall now out of the top of my head) There are many more examples.
It's always easy to criticise or take the negative approach. That's how the critical drinker on youtube got his fame.

But some things we ask for, will not ever happen. And sometimes that's a good thing.

Make an account and take part in our economy.
And... on your next post please list what you have done for us lately?:wise:

Back