Entropia Universe 17.0.5 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Fixes

• Fixed an issue causing Crystal Palace shares not to distribute the full dividend to all share holders. The undistributed dividends will be paid out in the next dividend disbursement in addition to the ordinary dividends.
  • Fixed an issue causing a client crash associated with the use of some keyboards with LCD screens.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

no fix on the irritating red text in front of your face each time you switch weapons?

no fix on the irritating red text in front of your face each time you switch weapons?

"Queue use toll action when reloading" try enabling that.

Tiering still gets a miss???

"Queue use toll action when reloading" try enabling that.

does this also remove the red disciple msg?

They should just get totally rid of the irritating red msg in front your face, right over the mobs health bar.

Nevertheless I will try the given option ;)

Big thanks for the LCD fix, but you fixed that the other day :p

does this also remove the red disciple msg?

They should just get totally rid of the irritating red msg in front your face, right over the mobs health bar.

Nevertheless I will try the given option ;)

remember when they fixed chat messenging. well, they forgot a bug that only i seem to have noticed. when the game loses focus, like when teleporting, and you are still typing when it resolves, the wierdest bug actually causes the gameplay keyboard layout to forget its keys.

this spaghetti code; lol

It's simply not in the budget... people need to deposit and lose more I guess.

I would love to see this working like it was in old days, only in chat/ system. From all notes in red in front of me I would like to see "system will be shut down in..." when we are facing some kind of system restart/ update. At least make it like an option- where do u want this kind of messages, so we can check or uncheck and everybody will be happy.

They made it that way on purpose. In their minds they make it harder for bots to react on certain in-game situations. It was easy to simply grep the chat.log-file and look for whatever bot-coders were looking for. So now you have to accept the big red info that you can't make that one mob your disciple. Isn't that interesting to know?! ;)

Who cares that the actually playing players hate that?

They made it that way on purpose. In their minds they make it harder for bots to react on certain in-game situations. It was easy to simply grep the chat.log-file and look for whatever bot-coders were looking for. So now you have to accept the big red info that you can't make that one mob your disciple. Isn't that interesting to know?! ;)

Who cares that the actually playing players hate that?

Except they didn't really fix that. And likely most of the "bots" in EU are just a keyboard macro hitting the interact key, at least that's my observation.

Really all they've done is annoy a bunch of people who dislike big red text popping up in the middle of the screen.

really all they've done is annoy a bunch of people who dislike big red text popping up in the middle of the screen.

We All Love The Annoying Big Red Text That No one Asked For!

;) Come on MA, get rid of it.

I like the big red text for important things u need to know. You guys are so easily agitated! Who wants to stare at the chat window for important msgs?

What is actually annoying is the msg center and constantly having to clear 35 LA info msgs. If there was somehow a better way to display that information it would be great :)

What is actually annoying is the msg center and constantly having to clear 35 LA info msgs. If there was somehow a better way to display that information it would be great :)

A little icon flash on top left corner compared to ugly red text that I cant disable and managed for 13.5 years without?

Not that comparable really. Besides, how fast do you run do get 35 LA msgs? ;)

A little icon flash on top left corner compared to ugly red text that I cant disable and managed for 13.5 years without?

Not that comparable really. Besides, how fast do you run do get 35 LA msgs? ;)

Well they managed with the horse n buggy too! Maybe the bigger issue is the msgs we are currently getting most are some sort of bug that we shouldn't be getting anyway like the deciple thing?

Maybe the bigger issue is the msgs we are currently getting most are some sort of bug that we shouldn't be getting anyway like the deciple thing?

The bigger issue is those that come up with annoying ideas like this dont play their own game.

And the even bigger issue is, they know it'll annoy us, and give us the option to turn it off 6 months later (when they've had enough fun laughing about it.)

very_funny_boys.jpg

Very funny, boys. Enough already.

When my gun stops working I don't need

HEY! YOUR GUN BROKE!

going_too_fast.jpg

It is a shame when subtle isnt enough isn't it?

Perhaps we should all start posting like this

In every thread.

In fact, I will do. From now on.

i think its funny when everything looks like a hyperlink.
or maybe just everything in red but put everything that could be a link this way so it looks like a link.
Oh hot damn. i forgot to make it Big.

Dreading another patch so I put it off till tonight.
On login my "soc" tab is showing the clickable Society link again so that's good.
It had disappeared entirely (at least for me) after previous patch.

But much more surprisingly, the mouse cursor is back in regular UI for first time in over year, or whenever they started fudging the interface and broke it. And Not needing to pause just to bring up something like chat just to be able to have the cursor back to simply click on hud icons is great.
Bet it probably even makes EU playable again. :dunno:

Dreading another patch so I put it off till tonight.
On login my "soc" tab is showing the clickable Society link again so that's good.
It had disappeared entirely (at least for me) after previous patch.

But much more surprisingly, the mouse cursor is back in regular UI for first time in over year, or whenever they started fudging the interface and broke it. And Not needing to pause just to bring up something like chat just to be able to have the cursor back to simply click on hud icons is great.
Bet it probably even makes EU playable again. :dunno:

hard to figure out what really going on when smeone hits ALT without realizing it and thinks its an update

hard to figure out what really going on when smeone hits ALT without realizing it and thinks its an update

Key-mashing isn't normally my thing and I'm extremely inactive in this game.
However someone must key-mash a lot....
Or someone needs spellcheck in their browser to avoid situational irony.

Key-mashing isn't normally my thing and I'm extremely inactive in this game.
However someone must key-mash a lot....
Or someone needs spellcheck in their browser to avoid situational irony.

You got me sherlock. Had hand surgery and totally have spellcheck off!!

Have you considered a career in forum police? =p

No Moriarty in Entropia. Thank God.

As for forum police, rarely needed these days. Its all Sell threads with the occasional version update.

I got used to the red text

We All Love The Annoying Big Red Text That No one Asked For!

;) Come on MA, get rid of it.

I pretty much blanked out the red text in my mind , it dont even bother me getting the unwanted messages .
same with teiring which I also ignore without worrying about it , and laser sights and most of the PED drains , just another attempt by MA to annoy everybody , but I refuse to be annoyed . I think it is just smoke screen so we will be diverted from the far more annoying changes to the targeting system which as been excepted by now mainly cuase we know they wont change it back .

typical MA tactics !!!

Forum police... lol well I did moderate two usenets until mid 1990s.
Back then we didn't allow people to troll unwarranted like so many do today.

Dropping trolls in the kill file was usually temporarily in the hopes they learned the difference between flaming to teach and trolling for trouble, sadly most just troll.
However by 96' I stopped moderating and there was some rather memorable flamewars.
The best was BC3K and a certain smart ass with a raging coke habit to kick. (any there will get it.)
Anyways that stuff would eat up hours daily and its just not my thing anymore.

So I sincerely offer you best wishes with your post-surgery.

I pretty much blanked out the red text in my mind , it dont even bother me getting the unwanted messages .
same with teiring which I also ignore without worrying about it , and laser sights and most of the PED drains , just another attempt by MA to annoy everybody , but I refuse to be annoyed . I think it is just smoke screen so we will be diverted from the far more annoying changes to the targeting system which as been excepted by now mainly cuase we know they wont change it back .

typical MA tactics !!!
I don't see the red text any more either

Last night I had a crash to Black screen...
Never happened before ...
I re- logged and low and behold I entered into 1600x1200
Awsome...
Thanks for fixing this!!
Was getting sick of having to reset my res everytime I logged it.
Rock On!

Back