PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    perhaps,
    on the other hand some hunters prefer to use all of the UA first, since it cannot be put back into the tt, and regular ammo can
    If you would want to use all shrap first, then you would just DON'T buy ammo..
    Or you could put your ammo inside a vehicle or a container.

If all items would use their default ammo first, then every situation would be possible, use BLP ammo for your gun, and shrapnel for your laser for example.

Or ammo for guns and shrap for heal chip only. (you could easily see how much you used for weapon and for heal)

Whith items using default ammo first you could do whatever you want.
    With items using shrap first, you can't choose what to use whith this or that, you have no other choice than using shrap for everything or nothing.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sir Azzah Neu
    Society
    Payn-Inc.
    Images
    Comparing this to other games, the ‘wizard’ generally has lower hit points but deals higher damage than most others.
    I guess this could make sense if there were 120 dps mindforce chips.
    Until then, it basically doesn’t make sense, like much of entropia.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig|MindArk View Post
    Thank you for the constructive feedback, Cap'n (and everyone else who has posted since)! I've forwarded the thread/suggestions to the dev team to look at. We of course want all the main combat types to be viable and fun to use.
    Thank you! That is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by forgo View Post
    I disagree. I spent 7 years getting to level 100 in blp, and 2 years for level 120 in pyro. (80 in elec and cryo without really trying)

IF anything MF skills a bit too fast.....All of my MF skills are in excess now.

Not to mention intuition is an amazing game changing skill, which is now easy to get and skill with MF. And no, I did not unlock intuition with the fen chip, it was done prior with (L) chips in about a year.
    That's because 50% of your profession is banked on the primary skill (pyrokinesis in your case), causing the profession to rise quickly while HP and auxiliary skills fall behind.

Quote Originally Posted by SirAzzah View Post
    Comparing this to other games, the ‘wizard’ generally has lower hit points but deals higher damage than most others.
    I guess this could make sense if there were 120 dps mindforce chips.
    Until then, it basically doesn’t make sense, like much of entropia.
    Completely agreed. If MindForce offered a significant DPS advantage then it would totally make sense for the HP to lag behind. But as stated, it doesn't.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    TheRock
    Society
    Pain Incoming
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by forgo View Post
    I disagree. I spent 7 years getting to level 100 in blp, and 2 years for level 120 in pyro. (80 in elec and cryo without really trying)

IF anything MF skills a bit too fast.....All of my MF skills are in excess now.

Not to mention intuition is an amazing game changing skill, which is now easy to get and skill with MF. And no, I did not unlock intuition with the fen chip, it was done prior with (L) chips in about a year.
    That what i experinced too. I was only using Arso chip as tagger and managed to get over lvl90+ in Pyro. I think that MF skills were flying MUCH faster than other skill to a degree i thought they were bugged. This was over 3years ago thu... Think the case is same unless MA changed.

TL;DR, intended for MindArk's Dev team:

* Add Armatrix Mindforce chips L10-L110
    * Add enough Neopsion in loot so this isn't a constraint (or better: blueprints!)
    * Remake the blueprint recipes for MF amps/make ingredients drop alot more. Currently amp are way too expensive to use for Heavy grinding (>1 % cost of the hunt just from the amp's MU) , and no good UL amps around below 5k MU.
    * Rebalance the main MF skill so it contributes less to hit and damage. Redistribute skills to support skills + coolness, combat sense and commando (if you're smart, make the three latter skills not unlockable by MF, but still skillable. (When throwing acid you need to be cool!)
    * Add to the loot pool a few high level chips (L50+) with buff/debuff effects that are actually useful. These could be rare drops. =Fun to skill up and to use these chips, as well as SOME tactical play (not just F F F F F F F F F ad nauseam)
    * Make sure synthetic ME is used before Universal Ammo

Wishlist:
    * Remove Decoy Dispenser from TT. Add long range Mindforce chip "Telepathy", a chip that disturbes the mob's brain Waves/Circuits and makes it stop running/change target/attack another mob depending on mindforce Level and chip possibility.
    Last edited by LavaSparks; 02-06-2020 at 13:02.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    True TJ Juan
    Society
    Cz-Sk Crows
    Images
    Since I started playing this game it is getting more and more generic... Lets make it even more generic...

Why even have different weapon types. I would remove all and just create weapon named ranged and meele. Lets also have just one skill type - COMBAT...

Why cant some things just be different? Have a different purpose? Its necessary to have more variability. Game is really becoming generic...

All weapontypes should have pros and cons. Every update its getting more generic and simplified...

Well, the whole point of this thread is making MF a viable main combat profession.

MF already stands out with the arson chips, but not much more at the moment. And even less in the earlier days of EU/PE (expensive chips with expensive/useless mind essence ammo).

In the current meta, rifle is the only sensible combat profession if you want to Excel in Mayhem. Rifle offers higher DPS and better range.

Rifle also the fastest profession to skill (except MF - but MF doesn't need skilling above L65 to max out all chips) due to it's range and availability of high damage amps (Mayhem amps spesifically, but also Dante, Mod evil, armatrix amps etc.). Range also reduces defense costs.

In short, for 99 % of player base, Melee is good for HP (and early on - strength), nothing more, Just like MF (i.e.not counting the FEN 25k ped chips, FEN 20k ped amps and 100k ped unique blade With 90+ eff.)

Some people find it more FUN to use melee and MF, but that's not the point. Making MF better won't make this game more generic - and there's plenty opportunity to make buff/debuff chips, AoE chips etc. MA could easily mix Things up With MF - they could for instance make Level requirements for MF chips tied to Psyche and Intelligence instead of Level (or both) to make it more interesting/stand out.

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Lizzy Demon Storm
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    I play mostly with Cryo chips, what bothers me most is that with all the daily tokens I collect I cannot spend it on MF items. I'm solving it by skilling BLP pistols to unlock Coolness, but im collecting more than I spend.

On the other hand, as someone else mentioned too, whats the point of having MF implants for chips up to level 120 but all chips are for level 60 max?

I really like playing with mindforce and I would love to see it becomming a profession that can be as good as the conventional ranged weapons.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    We also need mobs that have a mindforce attack, so that the relevant defence profession is Jammer, rather than Evader and Dodger. I've been saying this ever since we had the Jammer prof, years ago now, and it still hasn't happened. Mind Reavers should have had this from the start.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    We also need mobs that have a mindforce attack, so that the relevant defence profession is Jammer, rather than Evader and Dodger. I've been saying this ever since we had the Jammer prof, years ago now, and it still hasn't happened. Mind Reavers should have had this from the start.
    Yes, this would be very much appreciated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3