3840x2160 supported yet?

Tilarium

Provider
Haven't played in a while because I upgraded my monitor to a UHD at 3840x2160 but the came was unplayable do to not having an option to scale. Text was unreadable and I got tired of having to change my monitor resolution each time I played and change it back each time I exited.

So can anyone tell me if they've added a proper UI scaling to work with the UHD monitors? Did a search, but the latest post was a 2 year old necro of an older post which was the last one I had seen last year when I tried to play and did me no good then.

Nope. Not supported

may i humbly ask why people buy such screens? must be because of some special gfx requirements, because in everyday use it brings so many problems and sideeffects, i can't even name them all! :laugh:

I use a 40" 3840x2160 it at work and would never go back on that, but having a large desktop with 4k is completely different to having a smaller "retina" 4k screen. There is no need for those tiny pixels unless you are rendering or viewing photos, and EU is not there yet.

Working with a large screen requires you to work differently with windows. There is no point in running stuff at fullscreen unless you want to pull the chair back a bit and relax, but if you have lot of apps open at the same time, it gets very useful. And you get some natural neck exercise when you look around the desktop :)

Gaming close up on a large screen normally does not work well with plain upscaling of what you would see on a small screen. To make a bigger screen useful, you would have to be able to define your view in much more details than you can in EU. For example, if you had a 360" screen (or array of), you must be able to tell the game to draw all around you. Most gaming we do today renders like if you were wearing blinders, and you compensate by moving the camera around instead of your head.

Last edited:
Back